Status: Active/Unfinished

My New Addiction

When I'm at home

Stephen

A couple shows have passed and we headed home to Arizona for our next show. The drive was alright and the weather’s just fine so I reckon this day would be another amazing one. The funny thing about this show is that even if we had homes here, we were still booked in a hotel. I think I can squeeze in paying my house a visit in the itirenary. I collapsed to the bed in the room Jess and I was staying in. We had a room all to ourselves again. I recall last night… last night was nothing but bliss. We weren’t intoxicated or high but it felt like as if we were.

“And I love you too.” The smile she had. That smile. I was perfectly amazed by that captivating smile. Kissing her again was a reflex action. I couldn’t help myself. I shake the thoughts of her as she walked by with her luggage in hand.

“Looks like we got a room all to ourselves again, Gomez.” She crossed her arms as she leaned on the bathroom door after putting her luggage down. We immediately leave the room to pay our neighboring suite a visit.
“Got anything on your agenda today, Bowen?”
“Why’d you ask?”
“Because I’m taking you out on a date.” I answered before we move past the doorway.

“Because I’m taking you out on a date.” John mocks with the girly accent to match as Jess and I walked to the room with our hands clamped together.
“Shut up, John.” Jess sarcastically said as she looked down on her iPhone.
“I can actually do that,” John said. “But apparently, you guys can’t. I couldn’t even close my eyes last night.”
“YOU GUYS RUINED BABY JOHN’S CHILDHOOD!” Jobe said, repositioning the towel around his waist after coming out of the shower. The weather was humid and I needed a bath too but there are certain matters that are more important than a bath, like breakfast. Food comes before everything else.
“As if you haven’t, Jobe. You’ve been turning my brother gay since God knows when.” I replied.
“I’ll go gay for John Go!” John said eagerly. I choked on my orange juice. His vanity made me cringe.
“Doesn’t change the fuck that you and Jess were fucking…” A fully dressed Jobe said. Another choke and I'll be -this- close to spitting everything I drank out.
“Ooookay. I’m still in the room and this feels a bit awkward.” Jess said as she got up from the couch. “I need to go get breakfast.”

“Seriously, man. Don’t get Jess pregnant. We’re getting our big break soon and we can’t afford losing a drummer.” Jobe whispered discreetly right after Jess left the room. I take the condom out of my wallet to rub it in Jobe’s face that we’re being safe. “You make me feel like a fucking parent giving you the talk.”
“Fuck you, Joshua Montgomery.” Were the last of my words before I left the room.

I reach the elevator area to see a lonely Jess waiting for a ride down.
“You look sad.” I said.
“Not really. Just nervous.” The elevator opened. Luckily, we were the only ones inside.
“Of what?”
“The band’s reaction.”
“Well, they do know that we’re not just fucking-“
“I’m not using you for sex, Stephen.”
“You didn’t let me finish.”
“Well, then, go finish.”
“They know that we’re not fucking around. I’m completely serious about you, Jessica. I love you. Losing you would be like my own personal rapture.”
“You do?”
“I love you with all that I am, Jess.” Her frown fades away along with her worries as soon as those words left my mouth.
“Prove it.” I grab her by the waist and then I kiss her then and there.

“Now, what was that date you were talking about?” I felt a smile across her face as she pulled away from my face. The timing, everything about this moment was perfect. I broke every rule that I made to not lose myself to her. A few minutes ago, we were just enclosed in the four corners of an elevator. Now, we had Arizona to explore together. Love is a battlefield but if I’m with Jessica, I have nothing to worry about. When I’m with her, I’m at home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was too busy with school.
Maybe I'll put a twist on the next chapter.
Maybe.