Status: Complete.

Resistance Is Useless

Alex

Two weeks after I called Jack we were on our way to a bank. I’d agreed on doing one last robbery with them then they wouldn’t bother me with any of that stuff ever again.

Unlike before we had a plan this time. Normally we would go in with little preparation, just to make it even more of a challenge. But not this time, I refused to go in without a good plan that would work. So we took turns taking a look at the place, at the security and of course a way to get out as quick as possible.

And now it was finally time. We were in the car, waiting for the right time. We’d agreed Rian would stay in the car so we could get away even quicker. I looked at the clock and saw it was 5 minutes before closing time. “Let’s go.” I said and pulled the mask over my face.

Zack, Jack and I hopped out of the car and stormed in. “Get down!” I yelled. The few people that were still inside screamed and fell to the ground. Zack knocked out the security guard and Jack locked the door.

“Come on!” I yelled to them and the hurried after me. “Open the vault.” I said to the girl behind the counter. She shook and looked at me with a terrified look in her eyes. For a second she reminded me of Karina and I froze. Jack shook me. “Alex, come on. We have to hurry!” I snapped out of it and followed him.

The girl opened the vault and we took as much as we could put in the bags. We hurried outside, but I couldn’t help and look back at the shaking girl one last time. A wave of guilt washed over me.

But I didn’t have much time to feel guilty, because as soon as we were in the car Rian drove off. “We have a problem guys.” He said. “The feds are after us and they're close.” “Fuck!” I yelled and punched the seat in front of me. “Calm down, Alex.” Zack said and turned to Rian. “Just follow the plan okay.” Rian nodded and made a turn.

Suddenly I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. “Hello?” “Alex.” I froze. “Karina” Then I realized she sounded upset. “What’s wrong? Are you hurt? Are you okay?” “Can you come over?” It sounded like she was crying.

“Uh.” I looked out of the window and saw there was a police car right behind us. I quickly covered the phone so Karina wouldn’t hear me. “Rian, hurry the fuck up man! The cops are right behind us!”

I turned back to the phone. “I’m sort of busy right now, but I’ll definitely come over later, alright?” If we don’t get caught that is. “Okay.” She sniffled and I immediately felt bad. “I love you. I promise you I’ll be there.” “Love you too.” And she hung up.

I looked over my shoulder and my eyes widened when I saw not one, but two police cars behind us. “FUCK! Dammit, Rian! Hurry.” Rian didn’t say anything, but suddenly took a sharp turn left into a small street. He drove into a garage where we had a second car waiting.

“Come on.” I said. We loaded everything into the other car. As soon as we were done we set the car on fire to get rid of any evidence that could lead to one of us. We got into the other car and got out the back.

We drove back to my house at a normal speed. Obviously, the police hadn’t noticed we’d switched cars, because a couple of police cars flew passed us on our way back.

Rian parked the car in front of my house and we got inside. We plopped down on my couch. I suddenly started laughing. “That was awesome guys.” I snickered. The rest soon joined in and we sat there, laughing our asses off.

“You guys can crash here.” I said. “We’ll count and split the money tomorrow. I have to go to Karina, I promise her I would come over.” They nodded. “Hey Alex.” Jack called as I was about to head out. “Thanks for doing this last job with us.” I chuckled. “Well don’t worry Jack. You won’t be able to get rid of me that easily. Today made me realize why we do what we do. The rush, the adrenaline, the chance of getting caught. I don’t think I could ever give that up. Not even for Karina. I love her, more than anything in the world, but she won’t be able to keep me from doing this.”

The guys cheered and pulled me into a group hug. “Yo, guys. Let me go.” I laughed. “I’m serious, Karina needs me.” The let me go and I drove to Karina’s house.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I woke up with Karina, still asleep, next to me. She’d been so scared last night, I couldn’t just leave her alone. so I stayed. I looked at the clock and saw it was eleven. I didn’t want to wake Karina, so I wrote a note that I had to go back home because me and the guys had some stuff to do.

When I got back at my house Jack, Rian and Zack were already awake. “Hey. You guys had breakfast yet?” I asked as I took of my jacket. “Nope, we just got up. We spend last night celebrating.” Jack chuckled. “Let's make something to eat than we can start counting.” I suggested. They nodded.

Three hours later, we were in my dining room, laughing, chatting and counting the big pile of bills. We weren’t really paying attention so no one heard the front door open.

I was laughing at something Jack had said when I heard the front door slam shut. We all froze when a familiar voice echoed through the house. “Alex? Are you home?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger :D

Any predictions as for who came in at the end?

Love, Felicia