Status: Complete.

Resistance Is Useless

Karina

“Stay here,” Alex demanded, letting go of my wrist from when he was practically dragging me into some type of warehouse.
I pretended he didn’t say anything and looked around the place. There was graffiti on the chipped walls and loud music playing. The guys had split up and met up here on their own. I didn’t even know where we were or what we were doing here.
This place was big and I probably wouldn’t be able to escape if I tried. We’d been through too many staircases and corridors. Though, I could probably remember the way out.

“I thought I was a part of the group now,” I said sarcastically. “Aren’t I supposed to be filled in on things, too?”
He gave me an annoyed look, “No. Please don’t try to run while I’m gone, I have way too many friends here.”
I rolled my eyes and turned away from him, crossing my arms over my chest. If he has friends, he probably has good friends. He probably had someone keeping track of me while he’s gone to do or talk about whatever.
I hated him. I hated his attitude. He could go from zero to ten in thirty seconds. His whole personality switched after I found out. This was not the person I loved liked; this was the person that terrified me.

I got bored and paced back and forth in the hall. I didn’t want this. I couldn’t let this happen to me. This was like déjà vu. I’d be back at square one, the way I was before. I’d just prove my parents right. A year after I actually got my life somewhat together and decent, it all crumbled. I had no job, and I was back to being "friends" with the wrong people.
“Uh, are you lost?” Someone cleared their throat from behind me.

I whipped around quickly, meeting a guy with gauges in his ears and a lip piercing.
“No, I’m- I’m waiting for someone,” I stuttered.
“Oh, you’re Alex’s girlfriend?” He asked. I blinked emotionlessly at the word ‘girlfriend’. The word made me go from having butterflies to feeling like I was going to throw up. “He brought you here? The only other person he’s ever brought here was Jennifer.”
My eyebrow rose involuntarily at the name Jennifer. “I’m not here by choice.”
“Oh. By the way, I’m Matt,” He said, holding his hand out.
“Karina,” I said dully, taking his hand and shaking it awkwardly.
“Well, I guess I’ll see you later, Karina,” He said, walking away.
I continued pacing in the hall, wondering who Jennifer was. I just hoped she wasn’t in the same position as I am now. I wondered how she got here, or how she found out. Did Alex tell her? Did she find out the way I did?
Alex, Jack, Rian, and Zack all came back a few minutes later and split up again. Alex came up to me and put his arm over my shoulders. I was uncomfortable and he knew it. I pushed his arm off of me.

“Come on, Karina,” He groaned. “Can we get past this?”
“Get past it, Alex? How would you feel if you were me right now?” I seethed. He shut up. “Exactly.” I got in his car and put my seatbelt on, closing my eyes and crossing my arms again. It was silent for the drive to wherever he was taking me, my house or his.
My mind wandered back to my conversation with that guy, Matt. I figured he was one of Alex’s friends if he knew me.
“Who’s Jennifer?” I asked quietly, glancing at Alex.
“What?” He asked, not even looking at me.
“I said, who is Jennifer?” I asked again.
“How do you know about her?” He asked, gripping the wheel.
“Someone told me while you were gone,” I shrugged. “He said you took Jennifer there once.”
“Who’s ‘he’?” He asked, this time looking at me.
“Matt,” I said. “I guess you know him, or he knows you.”
“Yeah, I know him,” He said.
“Okay, so what about Jennifer?” I asked again. “You’re avoiding the question, Alex.”
“Can you stop asking me about her?!” He snapped at me and I flinched. “She’s someone who doesn’t even matter now, and won’t ever matter because she’s dead. She’s fucking dead, okay?”
“I’m sorry…” I mumbled. “You could’ve just told me that and I would’ve stopped asking.” Obviously, Alex really cared about this girl and whoever she was, I could tell he was really torn up over it by the way he got defensive.
He scoffed and shook his head, “You’d never understand.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it sucks. I was having writer's block.
And you get a little hint on Karina's past!

Tell me and Felicia what you want to happen next!