Status: Complete.

Resistance Is Useless

Karina

I sat in the robbers’ car scared to death. I was blindfolded and barefoot with my hands tied up. I had no idea where they were taking me. I didn’t care where they were taking me as long as they kept me alive. I just hoped they weren’t planning on keeping me.
You could practically cut the tension in the car with a knife. I jumped every time someone’s arm brushed against me or when I accidentally touched them. The one on my right drummed on something softly. The beat was very soothing actually. He might be musically talented. A drummer, maybe?

What am I saying, I thought. These guys just robbed my job and took me with them.
“We’re not going to hurt you, okay?” Someone said from my left.
I gulped and nodded. I could hear the stuff in my purse falling out. They were going through my personal things.
“Keys, wallet, cigarettes, cell phone…” I heard them. “You’ll probably need these.” My keys jingled in someone’s hand. I held my tied up wrists out for him to put them in my hands.
“Nope,” He said. I felt his fingertips unbutton my blouse. I instantly felt dirty and disgusting when his hands touched my skin. “I didn’t take you as a lace type of chick.” He dropped my keys into my bra.
I swung and elbowed him as hard as I could. “Don’t you ever fucking touch me again!”
Someone pulled me back and grabbed my hair.
“Bitch has some nerve.”
“If you fucking try that shit again, we will go to your house, fuck you, and kill you. I dare you to try us.”
I shut up quickly and gulped again. We must’ve driven for at least a half hour. I prayed to God they’d let me go. It was a long time before the car finally stopped and everyone was silent. One of them grabbed me by the elbow and dragged me out the car.
“You just keep walking straight and don’t take the blindfold off until you feel the water on your toes,” He said.
I stood there like a statue, not daring to take a baby step forwards.
“Go,” He shoved me on the small of my back.
“Please,” I whispered desperately. I’d rather them take me than walk to some unknown place.
“I swear to you, you’re going free. Just walk. Trust me.” I heard footsteps walk away from me and the car’s tires screeched.

I looked around, still blindfolded, and scared. Maybe they didn’t leave. Maybe they were watching me to make sure I did what they said. If I even took this blindfold off before I felt this ‘water’, they’d kill me.
It was silent around me, like I was the only person in the world. I sucked it up and took a few slow steps. I could feel the sun beaming down on me and there was definitely sand underneath my feet. Pebbles got stuck in between my toes. It had to be a beach.
I kept walking and walking, wondering where I was and when I was going to feel this water they were talking about. I could be walking off a cliff for all I knew. It was the longest and most horrifying walk of my life.

Finally, I felt the cool water on my toes and gasped. I snatched the blindfold off, snagging my earring in the process. Sure enough, it was an empty beach and the blue water was clean enough to see my reflection in. I looked around one more time and thought about what to do first.
The only logical thing to do was walk… somewhere, anywhere. Find a cop. Get him to take me back to Towson. I surely wasn’t in Towson anymore. I was broke, phone-less, shoeless, I.D.-less, and I didn’t even have my cigarettes to convince me this was just a joke… a sick one at that. The only thing I had were my keys and right now they were useless. I was too numb to even cry for a second time. It’d all catch up with me later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just something to put out there. I know it's been about a week since the first chapter! Both me & Felicia will have more time to write next week.