Status: Complete.

Resistance Is Useless

Karina

I cracked my eye open, thankful to see that the curtains were closed and the bedroom wasn’t as bright. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and pushed my bangs from my face. Alex’s warm body was next to mine.
I closed my eyes again, thinking about how I overheard them downstairs last night. I’d woken up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and could clearly hear Alex losing his mind. Being curious, of course I went downstairs to see what they were actually yelling about. It seemed like everything between them was always over me. Alex didn’t like this or that, and Jack just doesn’t like me, period.
“Hey,” Alex murmured in my ear.
“You came to bed late,” I mumbled weakly, stretching my arms out. I turned over onto my back, resting my head on his chest.
“I know, I’m sorry,” He kissed my forehead. “Things are just… whatever.”
“Is everything okay?” I asked half-heartedly, a little concerned. I glanced up at him and could tell he barely got any sleep last night.
“Yeah,” He sighed. “The guys are just asking for too much from me.”
“Is there any way I can help?” I asked, hinting to it.
“Well…” He ran his hands up my tank top, caressing my stomach. “I don’t want to ask. I know you don’t want to be involved.”
“What is it?” I bit my lip in anticipation. “Just tell me.”
“They want to put you in on our next and last job,” He muttered.
“I’ll do it,” I quickly said before he could stop me. I’d do anything for them to end what they do.
“Kari, no,” He said. “I already told them, you don’t have to. I don’t want you to.”
“But I want to. If it’ll help you guys, I’ll do it. I kind of heard you guys last night,” I admitted sheepishly. “You sounded really pissed.”
“You’re really sneaky, you know?” He chuckled. I just shrugged and buried my face into the blanket.
“Seriously, I don’t want you to get caught up in this. Don’t feel like you have to, if you don’t want to,” He said.
“I’m positive, I’ll do it,” I reassured him. I reached up, grabbing his hair and pecking him on the lips.
“God, you’re so amazing,” He sighed, leaning his forehead against mine. “If something happens to you tomorrow or whenever, I don’t know what I’m gonna do.”
I rolled my eyes playfully. “I’m not going anywhere,” I snickered, kissing him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shitty chapter, sorry. I think the next one might be the second to last chapter. Possibly.

But it'll be a lot better than this one. Trust me.