Status: Complete.

Resistance Is Useless

Karina

My eyes snapped open as I shot up in bed. I coughed, gasping for air. It was only a nightmare.

That annoying ringing.

I pressed my hand to my chest, feeling my heart pounding. I sucked in deep breaths. My bangs were damp against my face from sweat. My hands shook badly as I gripped the blanket in my hands.

It rang and rang and rang. Over and over.

"Alex," I said, shaking him awake. "Wake up."
He mumbled something before rolling over.
"Someone keeps ring the doorbell," I said, placing my hand on his arm.
"God damn, your hands are cold," He muttered, shivering.
"I'm trying to tell you, someone's downstairs," I said again. "Go see who it is."
"Alright," He rolled out of the bed groggily in his t-shirt and basketball shorts. He walked over to the window, looking down towards the street. "Shit."
"What?" i asked.
"Nothing," He said quickly. He replaced his shorts with a pair of jeans and sneakers.
"Alex, where are you going? What is it?" I asked, jumping off the bed.
"Karina, stay there," He said sternly, zipping up a hoodie and leaving the room.
I followed him anyway, running down the hall after him.
He stopped at the top of the stairs and sighed, ruffling his hair.
"Alex, you're fucking scaring me right now," I said quietly from behind him.
He turned around slowly, looking into my eyes. His look scared me. I'd never seen him like this. It was like he didn't want to tell me something. His look alone made my eyes water.
"They're outside...and they're going to arrest me..."
I felt my heart drop. Again, I couldn't breathe. I stood there with my hands at my sides, frozen. the tears just came silently.
"Listen, Kari, listen to me," He said, cupping my face in his hands. "I told you, everything's fine, alright?"
I nodded, even though everything clearly was not fine.
"Don't get so worked up," He said, pressing his forehead to mine. "Don't cry. I'll be back by tonight or tomorrow morning, I promise you."

By now, the rings stopped and turned into them banging furiously on the front door and threatening him.

"But listen and do what I say, okay?" He said, seemingly unaffected by their threats. I nodded. "Go back to our room and stay there until we leave. Don't answer the phone or open the door while I'm gone unless it's one of the guys. They're probably going to come back to search. Don't let them."
I nodded again. It felt like my whole body was numb except for the racing of my heart. It seemed to expand a hundred times more and it was like a pain I never felt before.
"I'm not going anywhere," He whispered, brushing my hair back. "I love you."
"You too," I squeaked out.
He leaned down, kissing me softly and lifting me up a little. I kissed him back with more force, clinging onto his neck never wanting to let him go.
"Now, go," He let go of me, walking downstairs.

I walked back to our room stiffly, closing the door. I slowly moved over to the window, hiding behind the curtains and looking out. There were three flashing Baltimore County police cars blocking the street. I was suddenly worried about the other guys, wondering if they'd been dragged out too.
I watched as two cops grabbed him roughly and I could faintly hear them yelling at him like they were scolding a child. I clamped my hand over my mouth and swallowed as they handcuffed him and pushed him into the back of a car with ease and shutting the door. He told me to come up here because he didn't want me to watch.
I choked, letting out the loudest sob possible before crumbling to the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
uh-huh, new layout! This was pre-written on my phone. And before you guys unsubscribe, it's not over! I swear, there's a lot more to it.

Also, I'm in sort of a dilemma. My laptop's broken. Not broken but it needs a new battery and a new charger. Figures, since I've had it for 3 years. So I'm typing it from this old, shitty laptop my mom had stored away. It doesn't have the feel of my old one.

i'll try to keep updating as much as I can until I get the things i need for my laptop to work properly again. Hopefully I get a new charger tomorrow since it's only like $20. Then the show's back on the road. :)

And my birthday's on the 27th so my mom said I either get the few things i want for my birthday, or get my laptop fixed so i'm stuck. I really wanted to seasons on Dexter on dvd and stuff but I cant function without my laptop so... we'll see how that goes.

Comments on this chapter? I'm sorry it's short. I'll update asap, I promise. I wish I could have made it more emotional.