Status: Complete.

Resistance Is Useless

Alex

What was I doing? I had to reassure Karina I was coming back, or so I hoped. I had a feeling I was going to. They probably didn't have shit on us. They probably just wanted to have a 'talk' with me again.
I told her to go upstairs. She didn't need to see my get arrest, even if it was just for questioning. She was scared enough already, and they didn't need to know she was even inside. I'd protect Karina with my life if I had to.

As soon as I stepped out the front door, they grabbed me and patted me down. They just wanted an excuse to rough me up.
"You've already pissed me off enough for making us wait twenty minutes," One guy said, bringing my hands behind my back. He cuffed me extra tight on purpose.
"I'm sorry, did you have somewhere to go?" I asked sarcastically, turning my back.
"Get in the car," He yelled, opening the door.
I got in voluntarily. I'd rode in the back a few times. I relaxed against the seat, listening to the officer's conversations in the front and over the radio.
"Gaskarth's in," He called over the radio.
"So you guys wanna tell me what you're bringing me in for?" I leaned forward to the grate separating me from them, smirking just to piss him off.

-

I was thrown into the metal chair in the interrogation room. The cop slammed the door behind him. I was just glad to get those handcuffs off. I put my feet up on the table and fixed my hair in the two way mirror. I waved and put my middle finger up to the mirror. I knew they were watching me from the other side.

"Ted, my man," I said when he walked in with a folder in his hand. He gave me a hard stare. "What, no greetings?"
He threw the folder down on the table like he always did to make people flinch. He pushed my feet on the table.
"You know, you guys really pissed us off with that stunt the other day," He said, standing in front of me. "Lucky for us, we got a few things. You guys got sloppy with your work. It was probably that woman that helped you, right? She messed it all up?"

I kept my mouth closed. Karina didn't mess it up. It went over well.

"We spent three day interviewing people, three days," He continued. "Waste of our time when we already knew it was you. One guy had to go to hospital. One of you idiots apparently took him to a back room and taught him a lesson, huh?"
I bit my lip to keep from laughing even though I knew this was serious. I got the pleasure of beating the shit out of the douche that looked at Kari the wrong way and tried to hide his phone. He deserved it, in my opinion.
He finally sat down and opened the folder. He flipped through some pages. "Remember her?" He slid a picture of Karina across the table.
"Yeah," I nodded nonchalantly.
"The one from months, about a year ago? The woman you terrorized and took for a joy ride to the beach?"
"What's your point?" I cut him off, irritated that he kept going on about her.
"Last time you were here, you told me you had a new girlfriend," He said. "Black hair, hazel eyes. Clarissa, right?"
I shrugged.
"Her name," He pointed to the picture of Kari, "is Karina. You see my point between Clarissa and Karina?"
I shrugged again.
"My point is, I've dealt with so many fuck ups like you that get caught up in their own lies," He said, looking down at the folder again. "So don't you dare tell me this isn't you and Karina in Susquehanna three weeks ago." He slid another picture towards me.

It was a security camera shot of me and Karina in the bank. I licked my lips. I was afraid for the first time since doing this. Not for me or the guys, but for her. We all knew it would probably come down to this eventually. They had us pinned. I told her nothing would happen to us, and I was still determined that nothing would. I would hate myself forever if something happened to her because of me. I'd already lost Jennifer to this, I couldn't lose Kari too.

"I can't even back you up on this," Ted went on. "You're going to need a lawyer, you all are. I told you to stay out of trouble. I don't even know what to tell you anymore."
The door opened and closed again, another guy walking in. I'd never met him before.
"He's all yours," Ted told the guy, getting up. "Alex, FBI special agent Lerman." Ted left the room.
"I've been waiting to meet you," Lerman said. "And your girlfriend, and the rest of your friends. We only have you in here today because you're the only one we can really get something out of."
I scoffed, "What do you have so far then?"
He crossed his arms over his chest and paced back and forth.

"Let's go back to the beginning. You and your crew decided to have a go in Providence at eight in the morning with assault rifles. You fuckin' dummies shot guards! One died and the other one, miraculously, lived and the guy at the bank the other day... Let's add all the other people you've either hurt or killed. So you do the math and add on a few accounts of manslaughter and assault.
"But I really brought you here to tell you that if I could have it my way, I'd have you with a bag over your head and a paralyzing agent running through your veins. You're going to die in federal prison, and so will your friends. Now, we're working on some things. We're going to show up at all your houses with a warrant and tear your whole fucking house down if we have to. You guys don't fuck around and neither do we. This is about to go both ways."

I rolled my eyes at him even though I admit, he was a little intimidating, probably because he was serious.
"So I guess I can go now," I said, standing up. "Good luck with whatever you guys got, or think you got."

"Be prepared, and soon. You've been put away once and you're going to go again, except this time you'll be staying. And if you even think about running, we'll have all roads blocked within the half hour. Try us."

-

I got home that night, like I promised her. I ran upstairs and to my room, looking for her. I thanked God when I found her. She was asleep on the floor underneath the window.
"Kari," I whispered, kissing her forehead. She didn't move a muscle. I put my arms around her and picked her up gently, carrying her to the bed. I sighed, deciding to let her sleep while I took a shower.

I got out the shower and got dressed in a v-neck and boxers. I crawled in the bed under the blanket, next to her. I looked down at her, watching her chest rise and fall against the mattress. I sat up against the headboard, staring directly at the wall.

I kept thinking about what they said to me at the police station. I had to call everyone and let them know. We had to leave. I didn't know how we were going to do it, but we were all going to leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
And he walks free! I told you guys not to worry. More to come!

I still didn't get a new charger for my laptop. I must buy it tomorrow after school. I hate this thing that I'm on now. It's an old Dell Inspiron 6000. Ew.

also, ignore some punctuation mistakes. The shift keys on this laptop are stupid and sometimes don't work for me.

GIVE ME COMMENTS! What do you guys think is gonna happen?