Status: Complete.

Resistance Is Useless

Karina

Today was the day we were leaving. Alex and I were going to drive to my mom’s place to talk to her, and then take off tonight with the rest of the guys. We pretty much had everything set. Take one route across state lines and disappear.
I knew Alex was stressed. He’d been agitated and fidgety all morning. He couldn’t even control what he said to me, anymore. He lashed out at everything I said, his words were like slaps to my face. He was worried about me, I knew, but I was thankful to have someone like him given the situation we were in.

“Are you almost ready?” Alex groaned in annoyance from down the hall. “We really don’t have all fucking day. We need to get to your mom and go.”
I rolled my eyes and tried to hold my tongue. I was tying my shoes just as he walked into the bedroom. “I’m coming.”
“I told you to get ready earlier,” He said, putting on a hoodie and zipping it.
I stood up from the bed, striding over to him and standing in front of him. I tried to muster up the best glare I could. In a way, I feared for myself when he got into one of these moods. I knew what he was capable of and I never wanted to end up in his hands like anyone else had.
“Stop,” I said strongly. “Stop talking to me like that. I’m not your child or your fucking dog. I can’t help what’s going on right now, but you need to get in check. I’m your girlfriend, act like it, because you need me. I’m not afraid of you.” I lied about the last part. Alex was intimidating standing over me.
He grabbed my arm just as I was about to walk around him, “Was that a threat? ‘Cause I find it funny as hell.”
“Shut up, Alex,” I said annoyed.
He dropped my arm when his phone started ringing. He pulled his phone from his pocket, turning his back to me and answering it. I ignored whatever he was talking about and checked myself in the mirror.
“He did what?” Alex nearly shouted. “Fuck that… I’ll call you back.” Alex took the phone from his ear before pushing more buttons and putting the phone back to his ear again. He held it to his ear for a minute before sighing and bringing it back down again. He pushed more buttons again and put it back.
“No one’s answering their fucking phone,” Alex growled.
“Maybe they’re busy,” I shrugged.
“With fucking what?” He asked.
“I don’t know, but let’s go,” I said, leaving the room. He followed me down the stairs.
“How far does your mom live again?” Alex asked on our way to the door.
“I don’t know, maybe forty-five minutes,” I shrugged. “Shit.” I stopped walking and turned around.
“What?” Alex asked.

“I forgot my bag,” I said. “And the necklace.” I sprinted up the stairs and back to the bedroom. I grabbed my purse from the floor by the nightstand and searched through it, looking for the necklace.
I couldn’t wait to see my mom, even if it was just one last time. I barely ever saw her before this, and I felt bad. I just wanted to talk to her and tell her everything would be okay while I was “away”. That necklace was everything. I had to give it back to her, even though she gave it to me to keep.
It was something I never wore, but kept with me. It was from my grandmother, to my mom, and to me. I knew she wouldn’t take it back, which was why I would just leave it around somewhere. She’d find it eventually after I left.
“Fuck,” I cursed when I realized it wasn’t in my bag. I searched through all the empty drawers thinking I’d left it there and put it there by accident. I couldn’t have misplaced it. I looked under the bed and under my pillow. It wasn’t there.
I thought of checking the bathroom. I walked in, sighing in relief when I saw the gold string sitting on the counter beside the sink. I examined it in my hand one last time.
I jumped when there was a loud thud downstairs and shouting. I slipped the necklace in the pocket of my jeans and dropped my bag to the floor, running out of the bathroom. My heart was pounding in my chest as I practically jumped the flight of stairs.
It looked like all hell broke loose in the living room and foyer. The front door was nearly knocked off the hinges, the coffee table was flipped over, and there were a ton of guys in bulletproof vests and suits invading our house and yelling.

“FBI!”
The adrenaline kicked into overdrive. This wasn’t supposed to happen. We were supposed to leave. I couldn’t even think. I just had to get to Alex.
“Alex!” I screamed. I watched one man grab Alex roughly and shove him into the wall forcefully. Alex didn’t even fight back, but I was going to.
“Let him go!” I screamed again. I pushed guys way bigger than me out of my way and jumped over the couch, trying to get to Alex. I didn’t want anyone to stand between me and Alex. “Please, let him go.”
“Someone please get her,” The guy pinning Alex against the wall called out. I watched him handcuff Alex and yell at him.

Someone else came from behind me, holding both my hands and upper body to control me. I was strong, when I needed to be. His moves quickly unleashed something in me. I thrashed against him, trying to wiggle out of his grip. I hadn’t gotten into a good fight since high school.
The man let go of me after I elbowed him, but regained his composure and threw me down to the floor. I rolled over on my side as soon as my head hit the floor. My arms and back hurt like a bitch. I’d pretty much given up by that point.
“Don’t fucking touch her!” I could hear Alex growl. “I swear to fucking God, if you--”
I looked up at Alex from the floor, crying. He had this apologetic and pained expression until he was forced to look away from me. One of the men kneeled down and flipped me onto my stomach, straddling me. I still tossed and turned under him.
“Quit fighting,” He said harshly, grabbing my wrists and locking the cool metal around them. “You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you.”
“Please,” I sobbed.
He got off of me and pulled me up, holding my arm tightly to escort me outside. I noticed the one FBI agent that used to check on me when this all started. He walked over to me, taking me from the other man.

“I thought you didn’t need one, but I was wrong. You need a damn good lawyer.”
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys probably hate me, but I SWEAR ON MY LIFE, the ending is a GOOD ending and they end up together! Please don't unsubscribe yet. :*(

I'm sorry it's kind of shitty, too. I don't really know how to describe the FBI storming into your house and arresting you. It's also sort of rushed. :(

Just a head's up, there won't be an update for maybe like, two weeks. My mom really can't afford to pay the internet/tv bill this month because she had to catch up on the rent so it goes off in like a day. So unless my mom magically pulls $200 from her ass, we won't have anything. Which means I'll be bored to tears.

But I'll try to write while it's off so I can come back and give you all the updates you need. :) And it also gives me a chance to get away from the internet and actually do something with my life and focus on school. I've done really shitty this marking period. I've failed 4 out of 7 classes. :(