Status: Complete.

Resistance Is Useless

Karina

“Here,” Alex instructed me, giving me a black backpack after we stopped in the middle of nowhere.

I had no clue where we even were, but we were all traveling together. They stopped for a break in what was the middle of nowhere. It had to be really late at night, the sky was almost pitch black. The only lights we had were the headlights of the cars parked together. I figured we must’ve drove for a few hours now. I was getting tired and still wondered what was going on and where we were heading.
The five of us did escape from going to prison. There was no doubt that everyone was looking for us. But I always trusted Alex.
“What’s this?” I asked, holding the backpack by its straps.
“Clothes,” He said. “You thought I’d keep you in that?”
“Oh,” I said, smiling sheepishly. Alex only chuckled. “I’m going to go back there.” I walked a few feet away from everyone else so I could change without feeling awkward. I unzipped the bag, looking for proper underclothes first. I found one of my black bras and my lacy purple panties. I snorted to myself, wondering if Alex picked this out himself.

I slipped my feet out of the ugly tennis shoes we were supposed to wear, wiggling my toes. I pulled off the baggy blue shirt and ugly matching pants. They felt like starched nurse’s scrubs. I felt disgusting and wished I could properly shower. I took off the given undergarments that they made me wear until I was standing there, completely naked.
“Are you okay, Kari?” I heard Alex’s voice from a few feet away.
“Yeah,” I called out. “Give me a minute.”
I didn’t hear anything after that and started to put the clothes on. I unfolded a pair of my tighter fitting skinny jeans and a v-neck. I noticed my dark blue pullover was folded in the bag, too. I put it on seeing as it was night and kind of chilly. It was always a little oversized but I liked it that way. I pull on a pair of my favorite black leather boots and laced them up. Now I really wondered if Alex picked out the outfits himself and wondered if he had the rest of my wardrobe. Alex was literally unpredictable to me. I didn’t know how he did it.
I stuffed the clothes I changed out of back into the backpack and zipped it up. I walked back, joining everyone else where they were talking. Now we all looked normal, like we didn’t just dodge going to jail for years. Alex took the backpack from my hands, putting it in the trunk of the car.

“You look better,” Matt teased.
I rolled my eyes, “I would hope so. I just really want a shower now.”
Alex came back, standing beside me and wrapping his arm around my waist in a protective way. I pecked his lips a few times, knowing right now was not the time for full out making out.
“Do you have a brush or anything?” I asked him, hoping he did. “My hair’s a mess.”
“I should,” He said, going back to the car. I followed him. “But I like it that way, like sex hair.”
I scoffed, “Yeah, like sex hair.”
“Maybe we can practice as soon as we’re by ourselves,” He smirked.
“Brush, please,” I ignored him, trying not to give him the satisfaction.
“There,” He handed me a brush and a ponytail holder.
“Thanks,” I said, holding them in my hands. I brushed through my mildly tangled hair and threw it up into a messy bun. My long bangs still hung down but I guessed I’d have to deal with it.
“Okay, let’s go,” Matt said, walking around the car.
Everyone did the same, getting into whatever car they came in. Alex slid into the backseat with me. I leaned my back against him, closing my eyes while he rubbed circles in my skin soothingly. I could tell it was going to be another long ride.
“Will you tell me what happened now,” I asked semi-tired. It had, after all, been a long day. “How the fuck did you pull this off?” That was my main question. I wanted answers on how he even managed to make this happen.
He chuckled in my ear and kissed the side of my forehead, “Okay, I’ll tell you.”

***

“Wake up,” He cooed in my ear, shaking me awake.
I sighed and turned over, squinting to open my eyes. I was exhausted. My legs had pins and needles in them from lying there so long.
“Where are we?” I asked, pushing myself up off of Alex. I looked around and now we were in a parking lot with a few lights.
“Motel,” He answered. “Come on.”
He opened the door as the both of us climbed from the backseat.

“Keep your hood up until we get inside,” Alex said, pulling my hood over my hair.
I noticed the rest of the guys getting out of the cars, too. Matt came walking from somewhere, handing Alex something and then the rest of the guys. I figured they were room keys maybe. I leaned against the car as Alex opened the trunk and pulled out two black duffle bags. I looked at them and then to him, wondering what was in there. I looked at him skeptically.
“Come on, let’s get inside,” He said, leading the way while I followed him.
I followed him up the stairs until we stopped in front of the room that was to be ours, just the two of us alone. I watched him push in the key card and turn the door handle, opening the door. I flipped the light switch on, looking around. It was actually a more… upscale motel I guess you could say. It wasn’t shabby at all and looked clean. The more I looked at the bed, the more tired I got.
“You’re tired,” He chuckled. “Lay down, I’ll be back in a few minutes. I’m just going to go talk to the guys.”

I nodded and yawned as he kissed my forehead and left, closing the door behind him. I collapsed on the bed, undoing my boots and kicking them off. I didn’t even have the energy to change out of my clothes so I just laid there on top of the bedspread. I felt myself go in and out of a few seconds on unconsciousness.
What I really wanted was a shower. I wanted and needed a lot of things. After Alex explained that they pretty much had the whole thing planned out from the start in case anything happened, I couldn’t believe it. Although Matt had cleared up that he and the others had thought of the plan before. It was a genius plan. It showed that Alex had good friends that would do anything, and I felt good to know that I was welcomed into that.
I twisted and turned, wondering when Alex was coming back. I couldn’t sleep without taking a shower. I felt filthy. I hoped he packed more clothes and things somewhere in one of those bags. I pushed myself off the bed as tired as I was and stepped out the room. I leaned over the balcony, scanning the parking lot for Alex or one of the guys. I got a little nervous when I didn’t see anyone around. He said he was going to talk for a few minutes. The cars were still there, but where were they?
I stayed by the balcony for a few more minutes in case I heard anything. As soon as I turned away to go back inside the room, I heard him behind me. I turned to face him once were back in the room as he closed the door.

“I’m going to take a shower,” I told him.
He picked up a bag, setting it on the bed and unzipping it, “I tried to take a few things for you. We can always just buy more clothes and shit.”
I raised an eyebrow looking through the bag, but he didn’t see it. I had a feeling he had something bigger planned. How could we just buy new things just like that. I didn’t question it and took out some clothes to sleep in and for tomorrow. There weren’t any pajamas, so I figured I’d settle with a t-shirt and my underwear.
“I’ll be right out,” I said, turning to go into the bathroom. I turned on the water and undressed myself. I was glad to finally get the grease and tangles out my hair and actually feel clean. I washed myself twice, taking my time under the hot water. When I finally felt clean enough as usual, I shut the water off, wrapping the towel around myself. I stepped out of the bathroom, hearing the tv on.

…Crashes on the interstate. All inmates have been accounted for except Alexander Gaskarth, Jack Barakat, Rian Dawson, and Zachary Merrick. Police say their accomplice, Karina Darlington, is most likely with them also…

I froze and stood there, taking a deep breath. I should’ve known. I ran a hand through my wet hair.
“Alex, what-where,” I stammered. I looked over the stacks of money on the bed.
“What were you expecting me to do?” Alex asked rhetorically, totally relaxed. “You thought I’d keep all of it at home for them to find it? We’re not stupid.”
Of course they weren’t stupid. How else would they pull all of this off. I’d say they were masterminds. I should’ve known they’d have a stash of money somewhere.

… Police say they are most likely armed and dangerous…

“We had hid some of it around. The feds found some, but not all of it obviously,” Alex said, scoffing. “We’re criminals, right? Do what we do best. This is all we need.”

…Authorities say not all of the money stolen has been recovered…

I shook my head. “If that’s what you need to do, then okay,” I shrugged. I guess we needed the money no matter what. We needed it to do things. We had to get somewhere, anywhere.
Alex gave me a small smile of approval. I’d do anything for him, as he did the same for me. I walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck and standing on my toes.
“I love you, you know,” I kissed him with all that I could.
“I know,” He chuckled, kissing my lips again. “I was going to go crazy without seeing you. That was not going to happen.”

“So, where do we go now?” I asked curiously. “We can’t stay here.”
“Well, we’ve got money and everyone’s officially on the hunt for us. We have to leave the country,” He mumbled against my lips. “So, anywhere you want.”
Anywhere?” I asked incredulously.
Anywhere,” He stated again. “I’ll take you anywhere you want to go. You deserve it after all the shit you’ve put up with, with us.”
I grinned excitedly, thinking of places I’ve always wanted to go. “I love you.” I hugged him tightly.
“I love you, too,” He kissed me one more time.
And just like that in a few days, it was over. We were all saved and we were going to have the time of ours live being on the run.

The FBI says they’re doing all they can to catch these new fugitives. They say the fugitives will most likely not commit any more robberies. Anyone that has any concerns or tips can anonymously call the tip hotline. Authorities say this case will most likely be open for a long time…
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, for the long wait and I hope this ending was okay. A year later, and this story's complete. Whew!

I feel like an author of a book and credits at the end of the movie. I really really love you guys and thank you, thank you was all the subscribes and comments. Seriously. A lot of you guys pushed me to go on with this. <3

And sadly, there won't be a sequel. However, if I ever get around to writing more ATL stories, you can check it. I'm going to start focusing more on Avenged Sevenfold stories. <3 :)

Thanks again, guys!!!