Status: Complete.

Resistance Is Useless

Alex

“Well, they’ll have to get over it. I like you and that’s all that matters.” I shrugged. I looked up at her. “So, Karina, do you wanna be my girlfriend?” I asked. Her eyes went wide. “Of course, Alex!” She gasped and hugged me. “I’d love to be your girlfriend.” “Good.” I chuckled and kissed her again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that day I was sitting at home, not really doing anything when my phone rang. “Hello?” It was Rian. “Alex, come over to my house, now. We need to talk about something.” And with that he hung up.

I collected my things and quickly made my way over to Rian’s house. “Hey guys, what’s going on? If this about Karina, I….” But Jack interrupted me. “This isn’t about the girl.” I frowned. “Then why did I have to come over so quickly?” “A new job.” Rian said and it took me a second to realize what he was saying.

“WHAT? No! You’re out of your fucking mind. What happened to time spaces in between jobs? This is too soon, guys. Do you know my girlfriend as still scared to death? Do you have any idea how dangerous this is? It’s not just the police who’s after us now. The fucking feds are involved!” I screamed. Jack slammed his fist against a wall. “I knew it. That chick finally got to you.” He hissed. “You’re really gonna dump us, your friends, for her? We’re a team, Lex. You’re either with us or against us.”

I was about to punch him, but Rian stopped me. “Alex, calm the fuck down.” He grabbed my arm. “Damn dude, ever since you started dating Karina you’ve been acting like we’re the bad guys. We’re your friends remember, so sit down and hear us out.” He pushed me down on the couch rather forcefully.

I stayed down and turned to Jack. “Okay, I’m listening.” He looked at the rest and spoke. “We need you for this one, Alex. It’s probably the biggest job we’ve ever had and if we can pull this off you can go on with Karina.” I huffed. “Yeah right.” But Rian interrupted. “He’s serious, Alex. We talked about this and we mean it. We just need you to do this one last job with us and we won’t bother you with stuff like this ever again.” He paused. “Of course, you’re always welcome to join us again.” He chuckled.

I hesitated. They we’re right, they were my friends, I couldn’t just abandon them like that. But the chances of getting caught were a hell of a lot bigger than before.

“Okay, let’s pretend I say yes, I’m not saying I do, but what if, I’m not going in blind. We’re not going to do this like usual. I refuse to go in without any preparation. The risk is just too high. If we’re going to do this we need to come up with a plan, a good, organized plan.”

Jack, Rian and Zack all nodded in agreement. “So you’re in?” Zack asked. I shook my head. “I don’t know. Give me some time to think about it.” I said and grabbed my jacket. “I’m gonna go home, I’ll call you guys later.” And with that I headed home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent the whole night arguing with myself if I should do it or not, so now I could barely keep my eyes open due to the lack of sleep. I went to the coffee shop where I knew Karina would be right now.

As soon as I opened the door she saw me. “Hey, Alex. Over here.” She waved and I took a seat across from her. “You look tired.” She smiled a little and pushed her coffee over to me. I yawned and took a sip. “Yeah, I haven’t slept last night, I’m exhausted.” I mumbled and rubbed my eyes. “Aw, poor baby.” Karina chuckled. “What’s wrong? Maybe I can help.”

I wanted to tell her so badly, but I knew I couldn’t. Instead I just made something up. “I got in an argument with the guys yesterday. They’re saying I’m spending too much time with you and that I never hang out with them anymore.”

Karina frowned. “Well, they’re your friends Alex. You should spend time with them. I don’t want to get between you and the guys.” I nodded. “You’re right. Hold on, I have to call someone.” I left her for a moment and dialed Jack’s number.
“Hello?”
“I’m in.”
♠ ♠ ♠


Sorry it took me so long to update guys, but I'm super busy with school and I have ten million other stories I'm working on right now. I'll try to update sooner from now on. Hope you all like the chapter.

Love, Felicia.