Status: Slowly active

About a Girl

11. Taste of Freedom

******

It had been a couple weeks since William had settled in but he seemed to be fitting in nicely. Angela smiled at the thought. Not only had William secured his position as pitcher on the baseball team but now had a group of friends.

On the other hand, Gabe had been to busy to keep an eye on William letting Angela spend time with William without any real worries. Angela was taking advantage of the situation and was currently attending William’s first game against a rival school. She sat in the stands next to friend Alice happily cheering their home team on.

Alice nodded her best friend, “So, how is William?”

“He’s great.” Angela didn’t even take her eyes off of William’s pitching, “He’s settling in nicely.”

Alice smiled, “You like him don’t you?”

“What?” Angela turned her head, “What do you mean?”

“Well, you do spend every moment with him when you’re here. This is the first time I’ve seen you all week.”

“I’m sorry. I don’t mean to seem like I’m forgetting you. But it has been nice to get to know him.” She paused, “Though I do miss you. Perhaps we should go out this weekend?”

“Actually, that reminds me. Chuck Berry is doing a show at Jack’s this Saturday. Maybe Gabe will let you come for once.”

“You know Gabe doesn’t-” Angela stopped mid sentence before smiling, “But if I tell mother I’m with you she might.”

“I hear Sisky’s going so William probably will.”

Angela had a plan forming in her head. She would ask William after the game if he was planning to go and if he said yes she would run home to asking her mother right away. However, Angela knew she couldn’t ask if Gabe was there. He would tell her mother its too dangerous for a girl like her to be there, just babying her yet again.

Angela did know Gabe cared for her and wanted her safe but for once she wanted to explore. Go out with Alice for once. It seemed like she couldn’t go anywhere unless Gabe was there to be at her side. This break from him was great.

---X---


Gabe walked into Angela’s house seeing her mother Donna taking to his, “Where’s Angie?”

Donna didn’t even look up from her book, “She’s at school watching the baseball game.”

Gabe furred his eyebrows clearly confused, “She never goes to the games though.”

“She does now that William is pitcher.”

Gabe rolled his eyes before going over to help himself to a class of cold water. Here was this William kid again. Gabe would leave Angie alone for five minutes and she’d be off doing something with this new guy. Gabe could feel his skin slowly start to bubble with rage. He wanted to know what was so special about this guy that Angie would stop hanging with Gabe and his friends. They all had good times together.

“Do you know when she’ll be home?”

“No,” Donna looked up at him seeing him tense, “She’s planning on bringing William over for dinner though.”

Gabe was defensive. This rich boy daring to come into Gabe’s territory, “And you’re allowing him here?”

“I happen to think he is a lovely boy. He’s been here every night this week helping her with homework.”

Gabe shook his head. No, William had other motives. The two were getting along a little too well. The rage was now reaching a limit. If William dared to make a move on his little Angie that boy was going to walk away with more then a bloody nose.

Angela’s mom looked over at Gabe and then to his mother, “Do you know what it sounds like to me?”

He turned away from them looking out the window, “What?”

Gabe heard his mother speak up, “Me parece que estás celoso.”

Gabe growled and turned to his mother and Angela’s, “I’m not jealous of him. He’s just a boy. He’s not even half the man I am, therefore nothing to be jealous of.”

Angela’s mother laughed, “Then why so defensive? It’s like you feel threatened by a boy? At least that’s the message you’re giving me.”

Gabe glared at her; “Do you really think I’m jealous of him? He’s pathetic. The only reason she likes him is because he pretends to be interesting in what she likes.”

His mother spoke up again, “When is the last time you picked up Macbeth and enjoyed it? Or even understood what it was saying?”

“I read. I don’t waste my time reading classics. They’re not going anywhere and I’ve read Macbeth because Angie said I’d like it, which I did thank you very much.”

“Say what you will Gabriel, but your mother and I both know that you are jealous. Don’t you worry your little head. She’ll come back to you if you play your card right.”

“I’m not loosing her.”

**********
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my god, it has been a while hasn't it. God guys, I'm so sorry. If I could tell you everything that has been happening over these few months I would. However, I'm pushing to update again. So thank you for reading and stick with me. This wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you guys. I love you all. <3