Status: Slowly active

About a Girl

2. Who Decides Where Everybody Goes?

-----
“Gabriel is such a nice boy.”

Angela looked over to her mom as they walked home. She agreed and pulled the dress in her hands closer. Yes, Gabriel was a nice boy. She considered him to be more of a man because of his age but none the less he was nice.

She was anxious for tomorrow to arrive. She had no idea what Gabe had planned but she knew she would love it. He always loved to take her out and show her the night life in a safe way.

“He told me he wants to take you out tomorrow night.”

Angela nodded, “Yes. He’s coming for me after school. I wonder where he’s taking me.”

Her mother grinned, “I don’t know. Maybe he’ll take you to the movies.”

Angela got quiet and looked across the street. There was a small gas station. There was a family getting gas in their truck. Now it would have been a normal sight for Angela on any other day. But they appeared to be either moving in or leaving town.

Something else caught her eyes.

Well, someone else caught her eyes.

There was a teenager with the couple. He looked pissed off and about ready to run away from the Chevy. He was tall. Maybe not as tall as her Gabe but close enough. Dark brown hair that was styled. It reminded her of the few boys that hung out with Gabe. He even had the dingy black tee shirt and black jeans.

He looked over at her and she smiled. He pushed off the truck and walked back over to the older male. Angela assumed it was the boy’s father. The woman looked over at us and she didn’t take long walking over to them.

“Mama, I think she wants to talk to us.”

Angela’s mom looked over to the woman crossing the street. They both stopped and waited as the woman finally made it to them. The woman was in a white floral dress down to her knees and sunglass.

She lifted them and smiled, “Hello. Sorry to stop you two but I was wondering if you could help us. See, we’re new to town and trying to find where we’re going.”

Angela’s mom nodded and asked her where the woman was going. They address was exchanged and Angela lost her smile. They were moving into the rich part of town. The nice part that she always hated. Where half of the bullies in her school came from.
But their kid didn’t look like anything like them.

“We’re opening a store. William’s life long dream.”

She zoned back into the conversation. The family was opening a store. She was curious to know what kind of store. She ended up finding out it would be a jewelry store. She was rather fascinated by that. They didn’t have a jewelry store anywhere near here. She knew that they girls at her school spent plenty of money what necklaces, rings and bracelets they could get their hands on.

Angela’s mom spoke with a cheerful attitude, “We’ll have to stop by and look.”

Her mom helped with the directions and they ended up continued to talk for a few more minutes. Her mom asked if the boy across the way was her son. Angela found out that the boy’s name was also William. It was a family name or so she thought.

She called the boy over and he didn’t seem too thrilled to listen to his mother. He slowly walked across the street with his hands in his pocket. Angela felt her cheeks flush red when he came over. He was beautiful.

William’s coffee brown eyes were so much lighter and warmer in color compared to Gabe’s. His features were soft and still boyish. His lips were more feminine though. Full and rosy. He was very pale. Granted the boys here were pale he stood out. His limbs were long and thin. He was lanky compared to Gabe.

“Say hello William to–?”

Her mom spoke up again, “Donna and Angela Anderson.”

He didn’t seem interested, “Hello.”

“Forgive William. He has a speech problem. He doesn’t like to talk much. Embarrasses him too much.”

She looked over at her mom and her mom nodded, “My husband was the same way. Stuttered over almost every word. Never held him back though. He was the smartest man the neighborhood knew.”

William’s mom looked confused, “You say was? Was he killed in Korea?”

“No. He was murdered a few years back.”

“I’m sorry for you loss.”

“It’s alright. Our family friends helped us keep a float. I see your soon is still young. Is he still in school?”

William nodded, “Yes ma’am. I-I-I-I start college next fall a-a-after I graduate high school.”

“Angela is too. She’s almost top of her class. Will you be attending the school just down the street?”

William nodded, “Yes. I start tomorrow.”

“William is a smart boy. He just has his stutter. The kids weren’t too bad where we came from.”

Angela wanting to tell them it was worse then they could ever imagine. She hated the kids at her school. They were rude and always gave her crap. Now she felt bad because William was going to get treated either the same or worse.

She was going to warn William but she held her tongue in front of her mother. Her mother hated that she would say such things about the kids at her school. This is why she told Gabe instead. He listened. He dealt with it instead of denying it ever happened.

With that the families excused themselves and William followed his mother back to the truck. He continued to occasionally look back to see Angela. She was an interesting one to him. She barely talked. She seemed really shy or she was holding herself back around his mom.

“Has she caught your eyes William?”

He looked over to his mom, “What?”

His mom gave him a smile, “I see she has.”

He shrugged, “She’s just a girl.”
---------
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. Please comment and subscribe.
I'm kinda lonely on feedback. :/
But thank you to Ultraviolett. XD Was the first to comment.