Status: comments make me update more!!!

Hiding in Plain Sight

Seven

Lori’s pov
The next day I took a quick shower then dressed before going to make breakfast only to find that Jimmy was in the kitchen attempting to cook.

“Uh, what is that?” I asked pointing at the almost black thing in the pan.

Jimmy jumped around and laughed nervously, “Pancakes?”

“Why exactly are they black?” I asked pushing my glasses up the bridge of my nose.

“Are those glasses?” He asked snickering.

I rolled my eyes, “Yes I wear them when my contacts are used up. Don’t change the subject.”

He sighed, “I was making you breakfast.”

“Thanks but I really don’t want to eat that.” I smiled.

Jimmy chuckled, “I don’t think I would have either.”

He tossed it in the trash then pulled out a box of cereal and a bowl, “Will this do?”

I nodded, “Yep.”

Jimmy poured us both a bowl of fruity pebbles then we sat side by side, eating our cereal. Matt walked in and yawned.

“Good morning.” He smiled lazily and kissed my forehead just like my dad used to.

I couldn’t help but smile softly, “Morning.”

“Gewd Mownin” Jimmy spoke with a mouthful of cereal, making me giggle.

Matt laughed at Jimmy then turned his attention towards me, “So Lori your going shopping Val today, right?”

I nodded and finished off my bowl before putting the bowl in the sink.

“Well I was thinking maybe if you want, later today me and you could go pick out a pet.” Matt played with his lip ring.

He wants to bond with you. Let him in.

I nodded, “Sounds good.”

Jimmy’s eyes sparkled, “Can I come?”

“No just me and Lori.” Matt spoke seriously.

Jimmy pouted, “Fine. Meanie head.”

“So do you like cats, dogs, or fish?” Matt asked.

I smiled, “I like turtles because they’re so chill. They don’t hurt anyone. They’re just like, “Hey man, I want to swim, and maybe eat some lettuce. But I’m gonna take my time getting there, I’m not in a rush. Because I’m a turtle.”

“Wow, that’s extremely weird but okay. A turtle it is.” Matt laughed.

Val walked into the kitchen with a smile on her face then raised an eyebrow at me, “Are those glasses?”

“Yeah my contacts need to be renewed.” I yawned.

She nodded, “We’ll do that sometime today.”

“After lunch I’m gonna steal Lori to go turtle shopping.” Matt beamed.

Val gave both of us a questioning look, “Turtle shopping?”

“Yeah because turtles are chill.” Jimmy joined the conversation.

Val gave him a what-the-hell look then turned to face me with a smile on her face, “Ready to go?”

“Just a second.” I smiled and ran up the stairs to Ian’s room, but on the way there I bumped into Brian.

“Hey are you trying to get my attention?” Brian asked with a smirk on his face.

“What? No.” I rolled my eyes at him and brushed myself off.

“Well you are wearing my favorite color.” He smirked.

I pushed him out of my way then headed into Ian’s room where he was sound asleep.

Lightly I kissed his forehead and whispered, “I’ll be back later. I love you Ian.”

“I wuv you to Ori.” Ian mumbled sleepily.

I smiled at him mispronouncing my name then walked back down the stairs and smiled at Val, “I’m ready.”

She grinned and kissed Matt goodbye then told him to take care of Ian while we were gone. I smiled at how motherly she was acting.

Let them in Lori, we‘ll always be with you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing!!!!!!!!

BTW the italics are her mothers voice.