Status: Active

An Array of Colors

Silver

I was confused. Cobalt had agreed to that kiss. I know because I waited for him to lean in. so why wasn’t he doing anything about it? I hate mixed signals.

I order my eggs straightforward, not scrambled.

But of course you don’t always get what you ordered…I knew that all too well. I think most people do. Except for those rich pricks that can have anything they want and act like they have horrible lives when in reality all they ever have to do is snap their fingers. I hate people like that. I have just enough money to keep myself going, maybe just a little more and that’s the way I like it. I live comfortably. Sometimes spinach makes its way onto my plate and I’m forced to eat it, but in the end it’s good for me.

That’s why I can accept the scrambled eggs, because I know in the end they’ll be worth it. Well, I hope Cobalt is worth it. Because I really do hate mixed symbols…

I sighed as I realized Cobalt was basically the only person here that I had talked to. I mean, there was that girl who told me where the art room was and that meanie with homophobia, but I don’t think they really count…I never was good socially, but I promised mom that I would try here and I don’t want to disappoint her, even if she most likely wouldn’t even notice. But she’s a good mom; she’s just preoccupied…I sighed wishing I had more time to spend with her.

I pulled out a canvas and my set of paints. I got it from Violet on my last birthday, otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to afford it. I tried not to use them unless I really needed to. Instead I used my sketchbook, which had been really cheap, and it was easier to get another one.

I wanted to recreate a starry night kind of feel, but I wanted it to be in different colors that people didn’t normally use for the sky. Just to show how out of place I was feeling. I took a dark, dark green and swirled it in with some blacks and pinks. Just to lighten the mood a bit. Then for the stars I used purple instead of yellow. I looked at my painting grinning at how abnormal it was. My strokes were angry, but that only made it look better. I made the houses a bright orange to really make them stand out. They sat like bonfires on a dark night.

I threw in a shooting star streaking across the page going in front of some houses, but it was colored black. Who wants to wish on a black shooting star? And that was the point. No one wants to do that, no one wants a dark green sky with pink stars. Well, actually that sounds cool, but the way it was painted it just looked depressing, and those pink stars and orange houses were there to brighten the mood, but instead they just clashed horribly. But the way they clashed was appealing to the eye. At least I thought it was…

Sighing, I took one last look at my picture and went to sleep.

When I attempted to wake up the next morning it was just one of those days where you can’t wake up. My alarm rang and I just smacked the off button, keeping my eyes closed. I would’ve just stayed home that day if the phone hadn’t happened to ring just then causing me to fall off my bed. Who calls this early in the morning??? More importantly who has my phone number?

I groaned and picked up in case it was important.

“Hello…?” I mumbled sleepily into the phone.

“I know you want to sleep today, but you can’t. Get your ass out of bed and go to school, because I have a feeling something’s going to happen.”

“Who is this?”

“It’s Violet, but that doesn’t matter. Just go to school.”

“Look Vi…”

“You’re really sorry, I know. But it wasn’t your fault, I was just being stupid. Now, you only have ten minutes to get there so I suggest you hurry up. Wouldn’t want to be late.”

I smiled into the phone as she hung up. Of course Violet would call me to tell me something was going to happen the one day I wanted to sleep. But I had to listen to her, because her gut feelings were almost never wrong and it was kind of scary. Like how she had known that I was sleeping even though she was halfway across the country and should be sleeping herself. But Violet pulled odd hours, and I don’t know exactly how she did it.

I was all ready and I ran out the door checking the time. If I ran fast enough I could get there just on time. I was eager to see what awaits me.

I felt in my gut this day was going to be good, and it wasn’t just from Vi’s call.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait. I got a little distracted.
I feel so cruel for leaving it like that, hehehe...
Thanks to MyCornerOfTheWoods and queenelizabeth12 for commenting. :D
Comment and subscribe. :)