Status: Active

An Array of Colors

Cobalt

I can’t believe we did that. I hadn’t expected Silver to come out for a while and I thought we were going to be a closeted couple. But I’m proud of his bravery and I’m happy we don’t have to hide, although we won’t exactly be flaunting it.

I was so cheerful that when I got home I was whistling as I pulled out my paintbrush. Apparently Silver was busy today, but I think he just wanted a day off to adjust. I don’t blame him. Coming out wasn’t easy for me either and since he moves he must have to do it over and over. I couldn’t deal with that, so I understood why he stayed in the closet at first. Even if everyone could tell and they were just humoring him…

Instead of continuing to think, which was sure to depress me, I started to paint and lost all thought. A kite was flying across the sky, but it was in the middle of turning into a bird and the string had fallen off. The trees weren’t rooted into the ground and they were dancing and reaching their branches as high as they could. The green was so vibrant it made me blink a little to adjust my eyes. The sky was a bright blue while the clouds were formed to shape different animals. All except for flying animals. The sun was sitting in the corner just watching it all play out in front of him, the yellowest yellow could be. The scene was full of joy and laughter rolling off the hills. It was almost visible on the paper.

My music blasted from the stereo as I twirled between fervent brush strokes. I sang along to the lyrics. I barely knew this song but I’d heard it once before. Once I’d heard it I didn’t forget it very easily.

My phone was ringing, but I didn’t hear it until my maid came in and told me that it was for me. Who else would it be for?

If you’re thinking, ‘Wow, he has a maid. What a spoiled little brat,’ then I suggest you stop judging. Apparently I need one to watch over me because I’m gay so I’m going to have orgies with a bunch of random strangers. At least that’s what my dad thinks.

“Hello?”

“Hey,” I heard a girl’s loud voice from the other side of the phone.

“Who is this, may I ask?”

“You may ask, doesn’t mean I’ll tell you.”

“Is this a prank call?” I asked, confuzzeled as to why a random girl had called and known to ask for Cobalt.

“Nope,” she said, popping the p, “I just wanted to tell you that you better not break Silver’s heart or I’ll hunt you down. And you have no idea what I can do. No one does. So you better watch your back mister! But I think you’ll be good for him. Toodles!”

She hung up on the other side leaving me with the phone hanging in my hand, bewildered.

Who the hell was that? Was it Silver’s mom…? No, she sounded too young, about our age. But she had a strange undertone that made her seem older than her voice made her sound.

Either way, no matter who she was, it was weird. I’m pretty sure she was serious too, and that’s scary. I checked the phone for the number that had just called, but it was blocked. Not that I was surprised. I would’ve been more surprised if she hadn’t blocked it.

I just cranked my music back up and went back to painting in attempt to forget about that phone call.

Around one in the morning I fell asleep with paint littering my hands and arms.

******

When I’d been sleeping the paintbrush had fallen from my hand across my face. I was glad we didn’t have school today because I was exhausted and I really needed a shower with all this paint decorating me.

My painter’s shirt was about five times messier. But that was a good sign for me. Because it’s usually when I’m being a slob that my paintings come out best. Not that it’s something I can control, because if I could then I most definitely would. I just usually have OCD and it only goes away when I’m really inspired. It’s not as bad as that woman from Glee’s OCD, but it’s definitely prominent. I could already feel it kicking in as I glanced around my studio and hurried to clean up the paints and wash the brushes, perfectly organizing things along the way. Each thing had a designated spot or drawer and I would spaz if it was misplaced.

I really used to annoy my parents with that when they were around more. Granted, they still weren’t around much, but when they were I pissed them off. I would tell them they couldn’t put things in certain spots and they would get angry when I moved them. Now I didn’t have to worry about that. My OCD was one of the reasons I really didn’t think I needed a maid. I could also cook and I’d like my parents to trust me alone. After so many years of being by myself, I technically was alone.

Maybe if we had a consistent maid I’d be happier, and have a companion. But so far all of they have left when they found out I was gay. Stupid homophobes. As if I didn’t get enough shit at school. But my parents were posting I was gay the next time they looked for a maid so they wouldn’t have to go through the process yet again. It was their fault for getting one in the first place when she obviously wasn’t needed. The current one had set the record at three months and I didn’t think she was leaving anytime soon. She found out I was gay the first month and she’s still here. But I secretly suspected her of being lesbian, so she shouldn’t have a problem unless I make advances which I obviously won’t do.

My mind wandered back to that phone call. I wonder who it was…
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to cameron liddell; for commenting. :D
Sorry about the slow update and short chapter but ten points if you can guess who the caller is. Hint:They will be, or already are a character in the story. I hope that was helpful.
Comment and subscribe. :D