Status: Active

An Array of Colors

Cobalt

We were going to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, which we were so excited to see. I mean, Johnny Depp is so hot! And I was happy that Elizabeth and Will weren’t in this movie, because honestly, I never liked them.

It was hard to concentrate on Jack’s witty remarks with Silver sitting next to me though. It was difficult to choose which to pay attention to. With Silver sitting there and his hand open to grab, or I could put my arm around him. I didn’t know what he wanted though. Was it normal to be this sweaty over just wanting to hold hands?

By the time the movie was over all I had thought about was holding Silver’s hand and I’d missed half of the movie.

“Come on, Cobalt. It’s over…”

I looked up obliviously at Silver who was holding out that hand I had so hesitated to take. And there he was offering it. What a waste of my time. He obviously didn’t care if he was volunteering it…

I took it without any more thought, excited to finally be this close to Silver in public. I really don’t know why I thought holding his hand was such a big deal when I’d kissed him in public the other day, but I guess it was because it was like a date. The situations were completely different. I hadn’t been on many dates before, although I’ve learned intimate acts don’t have to be caked along with them. I was actually really glad about that. Why would I want to be that close to someone I don’t love?

I’d never been close to anyone and I didn’t really think it was necessary, although my heart did ache. That’s why I was so happy to have found Silver. We had a sort of connection and while we clearly still needed to get to know each other I felt as if we were similar so it was easier to feel close to him. With Amber and Iris they seem like completely different people. And while I love them and think they’re wonderful friends I don’t exactly feel as if I can go to them with my problems.

I walked along with my hand in Silver’s, willing to wait however long it took for him to feel comfortable doing more things with me in public. It wasn’t that I wanted to show off or kiss any random person in public. It was just that I wanted people to know to stay away from Silver and that he was mine. I know that sounds a tad possessive, but that’s a part of my nature. I just dread what Silver will think of it. I don’t think it’ll be too much of a problem if I can restrain myself, although in the past that’s been an extremely hard feat.

******

I woke to the feeling of two cool hands roaming down my bare chest.

"Cobalt," someone breathed, trailing kisses down my chest.

I trembled slightly before glancing to see that all too familiar rainbow hair that anyone could see from miles away.

"I love you so much," he breathed on his way back up.

I shivered at his touch, loving how his hands felt against my skin. He pulled me into a passionate kiss asking me for entrance, which I didn't hesitate to give. It was a lust and love filled kiss that I felt myself be swept away in. I had no idea what time it was or if I was supposed to be doing something important. I just knew Sliver was pressed against my half-naked body in a heated kiss.

He pulled away and I groaned at loss of contact.

Slowly though, he pulled my boxers down to reveal my erection. I gasped as the air hit it and he smirked at me.

"Cobalt...Cobalt."


"Cobalt! Wake up!"

My eyes fluttered open to see my mother standing over me.

In a panic, I pulled my covers closer around me trying to hide my boner.

"What the hell, Mom?!"

"Do not speak to your mother like that! Now get out of bed we're going downstairs."

"No, we're not. I'm taking a shower, so get out."

"Fine take your shower! But you treat me with respect!"

'Why would I treat someone who's never around with respect?!' I spat at her in my head.

I turned the water on to cold and hurried through my shower wondering why the hell my mom was here.

I pulled on a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a V-neck with a purple beanie, knowing it would piss her off that I 'looked so gay.'

"We're here for you birthday," my mom told me as I walked down the stairs.

I almost face-palmed right there. How had I forgotten about my 18th birthday?! If I wanted now I could just drive away and never look back. Although I would no longer do that because of a certain anchor holding me here.

"We'll give you your presents and seeing as you aren't bothering us I guess you can stay here until you go to college."

My mom held out a small box and my dad held out a pair of keys.

I opened the box to see a necklace with a painting pallet connected to a paintbrush hanging from it.

"We got you another car too. And here's your allowance."

I grabbed the envelope as tears started to well up in my eyes because of the necklace. I never knew they actually knew about my love for art.

"Mom, can I have a hug?"

A shocked look spread across her face before she pulled me into her embrace and whispered, "We have to go soon, sweetie...We'll most likely be home for Christmas. So we'll see you?" she seemed unsure but I just nodded and pulled away before running up to my room.

I hate when they come home because I'm always stupid enough to think they actually care for that moment. Then after about fifteen minutes they say they have to leave and I realize it's not true.

I pulled out a canvas and an assortment of paints.

I took blue and mixed it with black to make it look darker. Then I did the same with red and green. After that I dipped my brush into the blue and made sure a lot was globbed on. Then I threw it angrily at the big canvas. I didn’t worry about getting it everywhere because there was already tarp on the floor, since it was my commonly used studio. Even if it wasn’t there I doubt that would’ve been on my mind.

I splattered on the blue, red and green angrily. Then I took the black and painted a big X across the canvas. That’s what I was feeling towards my parents right now.

As I signed my initials a single tear made its way down my cheek. This was just another crappy birthday.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for taking so long. Hopefully that semi-sex scene made up for it?(Don't expect another anytime soon...) I really have no excuse other than I just couldn't write...but I'll get another update out quicker and if I don't then I give you permission to throw tomatoes at me. :D

Thank you again to MyCornerOfTheWoods and cameron liddell; for commenting. :D

Please comment and subscribe, although I understand if you don't just because I was taking to long.