Status: Active

An Array of Colors

Silver

I walked down the hallway of my new school. I didn't know where anything was and I wasn't very good at following directions. Which meant I would most likely have to get someone to show me around. I hated doing things like that. It meant talking to people and attempting to be nice. I bet people were all disgusted with me anyway. I mean, my rainbow hair practically screamed flamer.

I didn't know if this was another town of douche bags or if they could actually accept me. I hope it was the latter.

I looked at the hallways. They were so drab. No one had thought to adorn them with colorful posters. They were just there. Not even worth my attention. It didn't seem as if there was anything in this school that was worth my attention except this map that was failing to direct me anywhere. I finally found the cafeteria, the place we were supposed to go in the morning. I groaned when I realized I was where I had started and I'd circled around the whole school. That really showed how clueless I was.

"Yo! Cobalt my man!" I heard a guy yell.

I flinched at the loud noise but turned my head to a boy who was walking over to the most gorgeous thing on the planet. Cobalt. That's a nice name. Much better than Silver. Much better than mine.

I heard the bell ring distantly and was snapped back into reality.

I bumped into someone and as reluctant as I was I asked them if they knew where the art room was. They pointed me down the hallway and I rushed to get to class. I knew I still had five minutes but I wanted to get there early.

Fortunately I got there four minutes beforehand and I saw a magnificent painting propped up on an easel. Whoever had painted it was a good painter but they obviously didn't know how to clean up their supplies.

I sat down in the seat at the far back of the room. I liked to paint away from people, so I chose the most secluded table.

"Don't even bother doing that. I'm arranging seats by alphabetical order. You must be Silver, the new student. Let's see. Myrtle, right? Sit right here."

I scowled as I walked up to my assigned seat. It wasn't nearly as remote as the one in the back had been.

"Sorry about leaving my painting out Mr. White, I just didn't get a chance to clean up before Fawn dragged me out."

"Ah, Fawn. She's much too hyper for a teenager. Aren't teenagers supposed to stay up all night and then be dead tired in the morning," Mr. White muttered to the boy who had walked in. I glanced at his face and saw that it was Cobalt.

He was hot and he could paint that well! Some people just have it all.

"Oh, Mr. Mulberry, you can go sit next to Silver over there."

I gulped nervously. Not only was he in my class but he was sitting next to me. What should I say?

I really needed to be around people more if simply talking to him was going to be this much of a problem.

As Cobalt sat next to me I felt the warmth radiating from him as he immersed himself in painting.

I could tell this year was going to be a good one.