Status: not finished

What If I Can't Forget You?

We Were Just Kids In Love

Cam had asked Jack to set a timer on his phone for 10 minutes so they’d know when to check the three tests. As the minutes ticked by, she became more and more worried. But why worry about something that won’t worry about you back? Once the timer playing a Blink song went off, they went into the bathroom with their hands interlocked tightly.

Jack picked up the first test, which had a plus sign. He inhaled deeply, closing his eyes tightly. Cam got the move, and fell to the floor. “Why me?! We used a fucking condom. Did it break?! I’m going to be a horrible mother. I can’t do this.” all Jack can do it stand there and stare at the test. The other tests are useless, because this one already gave the couple the answer they were looking for.

“I’m going to be a fucking father. A /father/.” he storms out of the bathroom, grabbing and pulling his hair. Dizziness was starting to affect his walking, and he almost fell down when he was practically running out of the bus. *“I said I'd never let you go, and I never did. I said I'd never let you fall and I always meant it. If you didn't have this chance then I never did. You'll always find me right there, again.” *Jack’s iPhone blast, and yeah, the chorus to Have Faith In Me was his ring tone for when Cam called. But he just ignored it, taking his ear buds out of his pocket and plugged them into the phone. Cam filled his phone with her music. So he just put on the first song he saw, which was by some kid named Greyson. Song choice really didn’t matter, the world needed to be blocked out by something.

The boy didn’t know where the hell he was going, and that didn’t matter. He needed to get away and think. For reality to seep in, that he was going to be a father. To his best friend’s old girlfriend. Speaking of Alex, he was still pissed. Telling that the couple were having a kid would just set him off even more, and probably inspiration for more songs.

A park was seen to Jack’s left, and he quickly exited the sidewalk he was walking briskly on. So many emotions were surging through his veins, he just let them pour out as soon as he sat down on one of those spinning ride things. “I can’t have a b-baby. A kid. I c-can’t be like my dad. I can’t l-leave. But I’m so s-scared.” tears were flowing down his face like it was a hurricane, and he hears someone running and breathing heavily. He just closes his eyes and leans his head against one of the bars provided to hold on to.

“B-babe…? Jack…?” it seems like Cam always finds him, the bar, and now. It seems like she was crying too, since she stuttered a bit when she tried to reach out to Jack. He just opens his eyes, which made them burn even more. “What?” he says in an octave higher than he usually talks, staring at her with his eyes squinted and eyebrows creased in the middle of his forehead.

“Are you mad at me?” Cam asks so quietly that she can barely be heard. She stares down at the ends of her sweatshirt and pulls the long sleeves over her hands. This isn’t how she wanted to end up, pregnant at 20, but it takes two people to have sex.

“N-no of course not…I just don’t know if I can h-handle this all at once. Our band is getting bigger, what seems like everyday. Just…I don’t know how the fans will react. They don’t even know that I have a girlfriend. A pregnant girlfriend. We can do this though, right?’ Jack asks, his voice cracking at the end of the sentence before more tears made their way down his face.

Cam frowns at how sad Jack is about this, and she really wonders why. It wasn’t that big of news, but at the same time it was. For her, it was like ‘Oh hey baby that is now growing in my uterus what up’ not really, but she didn’t take it as hard as Jack. She invites Jack closer to her, and lets him put his head on her shoulder. Compared to Jack she was pretty short but it didn’t seem like he minded the height difference. “Babe, may I ask but you’re taking this so hard, and I’m just wondering why.”

“Well,” Jack began and sat up, wiping all the liquid off of his face “my dad left my mum when I was young, and I’m afraid that I’ll be a horrible father to this child. It will deserve so much better than me.” Cam’s mouth is wide open, and looks like it’s dropped to the floor.

“Jack Bassam Barakat don’t you for a second ever think that! You’ll be the best father you can be, and they’ll be so lucky to have you. And you’ll have me along the way to help you, so don’t worry. Everything will be fine, and you will be the best father ever.” with that Cam kisses the tip of Jack’s nose and both smile with their foreheads pressed together. It seems as if they had switched roles. Usually Cam is the one crying and Jack’s there to comfort here but today it’s much different.

“You always know how to cheer me up Cam, that’s why I love you. Well there’s way more reasons but that’s just one.” all of the sudden Cam gets up, pulls Jack with her and they start running back to the bus.

“Last one back to the bus is a rotten egg!” she laughs childishly, and Cam knows that she can so outrun Jack. Track team comes in handy in situations like these. By the time they ran the two miles back to the bus, Jack was about to pass out. Cam, on the other hand, had the runners after-buzz. It made her feel good about her self, even if she felt like she was on the verge of fainting. Once they got on the bus, Alex was standing in the middle of the ‘living room’, an angered and pained look on his face.

The couple looked down, and saw a pregnancy test in his hand, but fall mere seconds later. “You’re pregnant?” he asks quietly, his voice barely above a whisper and cracking. Jack stands there with his eyes everywhere around the room, but Alex’s face. Cam’s face is sad, sad that she did this to Alex when he was her best friend.

“I am. And I’m sorry.”
♠ ♠ ♠
a short filler. i need to write everything else now. womp womp.