Status: Awesomely Active.

Femme Fatale: A Hogwarts Romance

Happy

"I just love the way we end up out here every few weeks after a dramatic event takes place," Skyler said, her hair blowing softly in the wind.

"Smoking.. living.. relaxing after all that shit," Lauren agreed, taking the blunt from her sister with a smirk.

They sat together beneath the birch tree beside the Black Lake. That was where they were usually found if they didn't want to be disturbed, which was rather ironic, considering everyone knew where the Knight twins would be.

A good number of weeks had passed since the Halloween Ball, all negative events forgotten and the positivity was flooding through everyone's veins at the sight of November coming to an end. December meant Christmas, and that was every reason to be happy. The sky was a deep indigo, the crack of the sun appearing just above a distant mountain.

"What time is it, Laur?"

Lauren checked her watch. "5:47, it says here."

"Mmm.." Skyler murmured. "Shall we head on back? The dormitories are usually up and at 'em around six.. we're screwed if someone notices we've been gone."

The other twin laughed. "You kidding? They're always finding excuses to snitch us out or something. They hate us!" She replied.

Skyler grinned and crushed the blunt under her boot. She pointed at it. "We need more, don't we?"

"Yeah. We just have to make it last until we go back home for the Christmas holidays. Then we can hook it up and bring a bigger stash."

"Right, right," Skyler said, helping her sister up.

"Hey, Sky.."

"Hm?"

"Do you ever get the feeling.. that you can't control things. Like, your life.. it's just out of control?" Lauren asked softly as they walked back up towards the direction of Gryffindor Tower.

"Of course I do," Skyler said. "Anything you've got in mind?"

Lauren shrugged. "I dunno.. those dreams won't leave me the fuck alone."

Skyler sighed. "Laurie, I told you: fuck the dreams. This is life. It's reality. You have to live in our world; keep your eyes ahead instead of what 'could' be."

Lauren was completely unconvinced, but decided to keep her mouth shut. After all, Skyler had always been the one to simply breeze through life with a "fuck everything" attitude, whereas Lauren was the opposite. Skyler grasped a broom that had been carelessly thrown on the grass and mounted it, Lauren right behind her. Skyler kicked off and flew up near a couple of windows until she found one that was left wide open. She entered through it and landed swiftly into their dormitory.

"I don't understand how nobody really thought of doing that," Lauren said.

"It's so easy to sneak out. You just have to find a way," Skyler agreed, winking. "Now. Hop in the shower before I shove you in there," she continued, reaching down to pet their cats, Romy and Slink.

Lauren stuck her tongue out and barely dodged out of the way from a pillow that would've cracked her right in the face.

~ ~ ~


It was an early Sunday morning and the Great Hall was filled with students when suddenly, owls came swooping in, around the chandeliers, to deliver mail.

Lauren sat with Fred on one side and Skyler on the other, and George beside his girlfriend. Skyler's eyes widened in surprise when a tawny owl dropped a letter right in front of her and her sister. The Knight twins hardly ever got any mail: their parents knew neither of them would ever really write back.

"What're you waiting for, Sky? Aren't you gonna open it?" George asked, nodding at the unopened parcel.

Skyler pulled the letter out of its envelope and began reading:

Our dearests Sky and Laurie,

With your never writing anything to us, your father and I decided to write to you instead. Girls, we are very proud! You've kept out of trouble for the past few months, Professor Dumbledore has explained to us. He has also informed us of those little pranks you two pull with those Weasley boys, however. Be careful!

Your father and I would be very pleased to meet those boys.. I hear you've been getting along extraordinarily well, haven't you? Yes, mothers do realize these things. Anyhow, the Christmas holidays are approaching, and we'd be delighted if you brought them over for Christmas dinner! It'd be far too lonely just the four of us, now that your aunt Betty and cousins have moved away to Pennsylvania.

Take care of yourselves, and stay out of trouble please! We'd love to hear from you soon.

All of our love,
-Your mother and father


Lauren burst into laughter. "How does our mom know about our British boyfriends? We're in Britain."

Fred smiled. "You hear her: she's a mother, Laur."

"That's true. Our mother just knows so many things.. nothing of importance, of course! I'd die if she knew what Fred and I got up to," George replied.

Skyler waggled her eyebrows. "She would probably die too, if she knew what her son was doing at school.."

"You're revolting," Lauren laughed loudly. "Anyways, you guys are coming over for Christmas Eve, aren't you? It'd be a nice time. With our family and all."

"Yeah! I promise our dad isn't too frightening," Skyler said.

"Only if you promise to come down to The Burrow on Christmas Day," George replied. "We celebrate Christmas Day, and you celebrate Christmas Eve."

"It's perfect," Fred agreed. "I'm so glad you're someone I can take home to mum.." he continued, nuzzling his lips into Lauren's neck.

"Else she'd throw a fit," George said, laughing.

"So, it's settled then?" Skyler asked.

"Of course," George replied, and he smiled and kissed the top of her head.

"So what if it hurts me?
So what if I break down?
So what if this world just throws me off the edge
My feet run out of ground
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Don't care about all the pain in front of me
Cause I'm just trying to be happy, yeah
Just wanna be happy, yeah.."
♠ ♠ ♠
Gosh, this was so short. Long time no writing, eh? Forgive me. For the briefness and long await. Thanks to the 14 of you that stayed subscribed and stuff.. everyone that left comments too! You rock (:

Title credit: Leona Lewis.