Status: It may be slow. Bear with me, readers.

Already Falling

One

No…

This wasn’t supposed to be happening. Why is this lady sitting in front of me and saying she’s sorry and trying to understand what’s going on? Why is she saying they’re all gone? Dead? No, my parents…my brother, Mike…I just saw them this morning when my parents dropped me off at school. I said bye like always and ran off to my friends.

They can’t be dead.

“And the coming rig did not see where he was going and they made impact. I’m so sorry, Abigail.”

I looked at her. I didn’t burst into to tears or anything. I simply said,

“What?”

She hiccupped and said, “Your family, they were going to drop off-”

“Mike.” I interrupted.

She nodded and continued, “And when they were crossing the lane a rig did not see your family’s small car and decided to run a red light, crashing into your family. The-They’re gone, Abigail. My greatest condolences.”

I stared at her as if she had spoken a different language I was not familiar with.

“You will be sent to St. Charles Orphanage For the Youth. Up in Canada.” she finished. It did not process to me that my family was dead yet. It seemed unreal, as if I were dreaming. Like my twelve year old brother was about to pounce on me and wake me up from the nightmare. But that did not come.

And I had to face the fact my family was dead. My mother, father, and brother were dead. And that was final.
♠ ♠ ♠
Idea just popped into my head literally right now. It may be slow because of my other story but I'll update.

Will you comment and give this story hope?