Sequel: Stupid and Fearless
Status: Finished

Resistance Is Useless

You're My Moon

Carson

As crazy as it sounds...Jack isn't that bad. In fact, he's actually really funny. I've spent the last two weeks getting to know him better and doing as Rian said. I was 'giving Jack a chance' as he liked to call it. I called it putting up with the funny fucker. He was really sweet too. The better I got to know him, the more I saw of his sweet side. He wasn't always perverted and stupid. Jack had a heart, which is more than I can say for myself.
"Carssssss."
"Jackkkkkkk," I whinned back, looking at the lanky boy I've grown to know.
"Can we please go now! I don't want to wait in this fucking long for you just to get your school supplies!" Jack complained.
"Jack, we're next. Calm the fuck down." I rolled my eyes.
We were in Target getting school supplies for me. Landon and I start tomorrow and Jack insisted that he came with me. I didn't refuse, and he drove me here. However, Jack lost interest within the first twenty minutes. He doesn't seem to understand that my notebooks, bookbag, and pens must match. Doofus.
"Ugh!" He groaned.
I rolled my eyes as he complained and the cashier rung me up.
"Shut up. I'm going to be stuck in school seven pointless hours a day while you get to lay around doing whatever you guys do."
"We play music, Carsonnnnn," He whined. "And it's not all it's cracked up to be! I can't play guitar that well."
"So you play the guitar?" I asked as the cashier finished. I swipted daddy's credit card.
"Didn't I bring that up before?" He sounded confused as I grabbed the bags, handing one to him.
"No," I answered truthfully as we walked out of the super market. "You only told me that you were in a band with Alex. That's about it."
"Well I'm the guitarist."
"That's fun..." I trailed off, not really knowing what to say.
"It is," He nodded in agreement. He unlocked his car and we put the bags in the trunk before getting in. "It's pretty awesome."
"I've never even heard you band name but like once, and I can't remember it."
"All Time Low,"
"Pardon?" I laughed.
"That's our name. All Time Low,"
"For your band? Where did that come from?"
"A song," He chuckled. "We're pretty good, actually."
"I guess so. You just got off of tour right?"
"Yeah,"
"With who?"
"Warped Tour, Carson. Warped. Big name bands play that shit,"
"That's awesome?" I asked, slightly confused.
"It is!" He luahged again before saftely pulling from the parking space. "Do you want to go swimming when we get back to your house?"
"Yeah." I smiled at him.
It was getting easier to smile at Jack. It's not awkward and forced. We don't bring up the kiss the night that Carson and I frist arrived here or the one in Starbucks. We've became really close. Jack's my new best friend.
"Alright!" He shouted and then nodded his hair, making it move from his face. "I can't believe that you're going to Dulaney. That place is hell,"
I pouted.
"Awe, did the big, men football players make fun of you for wearing girl's jeans?"
"As a matter of fact, yes." He smiled at me. "They called me gay, which I guess wasn't far off. It didn't help when I started walking around hand in hand with Alex and making out during class changes."
"You guys were making out during classes? No wonder you got picked on, Jackie," I playfully joked.
"Ha-ha! Fucking highlarious, Cars."
"I know I am," I slightly smirked. Jack shook his head and laughed. "I play the guitar too,"
"You do?" He asked, eyebrows raising naturally.
"Yeah. My dad paid for Landon and I to get lessons so we did."
"Landon can play too?"
"Yeah. Surprising, right?"
"A little bit." He chuckled before pulling into our driveway. Jack and I gathered the bags from the trunk and walked into the house. "We're back!"
"Thanks for taking Carson, Jack!" My mom yelled from somewhere in the house.
I rolled my eyes and raced up the stairs with Jack on my tail.
"Where can I put these?"
"On the floor by the window."
"You have a window seal!" He squeaked, running over with the bags. He dropped them beside the seal and sat down on it, gazing out of the window.
"What in the world was that, Jack Attack?" I asked, laughing as I sat down.
"Nothinggggg." He sang, looking out the open window and into the pool. His eyes grew wide for a minute before he was standing back up and shutting the window. He pulled the curtians soon after that and then he came over to me.
"What...was that?"
"Don't worry about it." Jack chuckled, wrapping his arms around me, and hugging me tightly to his chest. I returned the hug. We rocked from side to side for a minute before he let go. "Now get changed. I'm going to go look for a pair of swimming trunks in Alex's room." I raised an eyebrow at him. Jack rolled his eyes at me before he left. Once upon a time, Jack let it slip that when he was dating Alex that they had a very sexual relationship. Yeah, I didn't need to know that, and Jack was embarrassed. We refuse to bring that up again.
Curious as to why Jack randomly shut my curtians and closed my window, I approached slowly. After fighting with the curtains to stay, I lifted my window and peared down to the pool. Nothing out of the ordinary was going on out there. Alex and Landon were diving off of the diving board like they normally do. It's like those two are attatched at the hip. They have been for a few weeks, basically since they were grounded and forced into spending time with each other. Sort of like what I was doing. Rian did basically force me into spending time with Jack, but I guess it was for the best. Jack and I rarely leave each other's sides.
"Jack's fucking weird." I mumbled before I turned around and grabbed my bathing suite from my dresser. I changed into my bathing suite quickly. As if by magic, Jack appeared right when I finished.
"I found some!" He nearly shouted. "Oh, and I got us towel's okay?"
"Always prepared." I rolled my eyes sarcastically. We walked down the stairs and made our way out to the pool. "I think I'm going to get some sun now,"
"Party pooper!" Jack yelled from the diving board. Landon and Alex were laughing from the water.
I giggled and closed my eyes. These lawn chairs were more comfortable than they looked.
"Hey girly," Landon stated, sitting down in the chair next to mine.
"Hi, Lan." I smiled at my sister. "How has your day been?"
"Eh...I can't really complain."
"Having fun swimming?"
"Of course," She laughed. "We starte Senior year tommorrow, Carson."
"In a new school," I pointed out, watching Alex and Jack goof off on the diving board. "Where we are twins."
"This should be funnn...." Landon trailed off.
I giggled at my sister.
"We should definitely do something this weekend. Just the two of us."
"We can't Cars," She pouted.
"And why not?"
"Because All Time Low is playing in Baltimore. Alex has talked about nothing else for like weeks. He's so excited."
"That's great. Maybe I will come. Jack was talking about the band earlier. I didn't even know their name."
"Well now you do." Landon laughed.
We sun bathed for twenty minutes when Landon stood up, and walked inside. She obviously had enough swimming for today, and not long after that Alex left. Jack threw a mini fit about me laying here instead of being in the water before he got out and joined me on the chair. I swung my legs over onto his thighs that were sobbing wet.
"Carson Jayden Owens! Did you just put your legs in my lap?!?!"
"Uh...yeah?"
"Sleep with one eye open, lady. Be prepared when I come into your room tonight to snuggle."
"Snuggle? Why not kill?"
"Because I can't even kill a fly. I've tried. And I'm a snuggler. Not a fighter."
"So let me get this straight...you're going to sneak into my room....and snuggle up together...just because I put my legs on your lap?"
"Yessss ma'am."
"Jack Bassam Barakat...you are a character."
"At least I'm not boring as fuck. Like Zack!" He playfully yelled.
"You love it and you know that you do,"
"That's very true." He laughed. "Can I drive you to school tomorrow?"
"Sure, Jack Attack." I sighed before taking off the sunglasses and standing up from my place.
"Now where are you going?"
"We came out here to swim...right?" I smirked before climbing the diving board. I walked to the end, jumped twice, and landed a perfect dive. The water was freezing, but very much worth it. I could feel the water effect my bod, making every part of me numb. I swam to the surface quickly, and I searched for Jack. He wasn't in the chair anymore or on the diving board. "Ja-" I was pulled by my ankle underwater. I opened my eyes, seeing the skunk colored hair swiming in front of me. He smiled at me. He got inches from my face before I pushed off of the bottom and reached the surface. He came seconds later, laughing.
"You looked so scared."
"I wasn't," I lied.
"Sureeee you weren't."
"I wasn't...." I presisted.
Jack rolled his eyes, diving back underwater.
I took a deep breath and followed his lead. I swam beside of him before standing on the bottom of the nine foot deep pool. Jack smiled at me under the water, and I returned it. Jack looked adorable and innoscent under the water. He looked very... childlike, which he is already. But this just made him look at the better. Before I could stop myself, I cupped his head into my hands, and I pressed my lips to his for a few moments. I pulled away when I felt fire in my lungs. I needed air. I kicked off of the bottom, and resurfaced.
I just kissed my best friend. Great.

<3

"Well I think that I'm going to turn in early. Tomorrow's the first day of school and all...." I trailed off, standing up from the couch where Alex, Landon, and myself were all sitting actually enjoying a movie.
"Kay," They both replied, way to interested in the movie to really care.
Whatever.
I walked back upstairs and into my room. It was warm tonight, and the wind slightly blowing. I sat down on the window seal and stared out. The pool reflected the moon, casting light into my otherwise dark room. I enjoyed summer nights like this. My room was perfect for it at the White House. I'm just glad that not everything old got taken away from me. I still has my moon. It never changed, and in an odd way, it calmed me. It helped me remember that things are never as bad as they seem. I just wished I carried that logic all of the time.
I changed in the dark, and slipped into my fluffy bed. Although today's events left me extrememly sleepy. I was finding it hard to sleep. Thoughts about Jack earlier floated into my head. I kissed him. Not because I was helping him out. Not because I was drinking, but because I wanted to. I kissed Jack for the hell of it, and now I'm freaking out in my bed at night. I'm onvinced that it was the worst thing that I could have possibly done.
"Cars!"
I sat up in bed, and looked toward the sound coming from my window. In the moonlight I saw Jack's face sticking in my window.
"Jack? What are you doing? You could hurt yourself!" I hissed, slipping out of the bed, and running over to him. I helped Jack the rest of the way into the room, and he smiled goofily at me. "What?"
"You're not wearing a bra."
I rolled my eyes.
"That's how I sleep, moron."
"I was not complaining." He chuckled. "Come give me a hug." He opened his arms.
"How about no?" I questioned. "What are you doing here anyway?"
"Me and you are having a sleep over. That way you can wake me up so I can take you to school."
"Okay. You're weird." I shook my head and got back into bed. Jack just laughed and crawled in beside me. "I can't sleep as it is, so please do as much as you can to not move. I realize how hard that is for you,"
Jack sighed heavily.
"Cars, come here."
"What?" I asked, rolling over and looking at the boy laying beside of me.
"Here, into my arms," He stated, keeping them open.
I hesitated before I scooted into Jack's arms, laying my head in the crook of his neck.
"Why am I in your arms?" I whispered.
"Because I love to snuggle and chances are we will wind up cuddling in the morning anyway. I'm just saving time,"
"I'm sure." I mumbled into his ear.
Jack laughed, pulling his head back slightly and he kissed my forehead.
"What is on your mind so much that you're staying awake?"
"How did you know?"
"I've spent the last three weeks attatched to you, Carson. I've caught on to some things. I'm odd, not dumb."
I giggled lightly, and lifted my chin to kiss his jaw line.
"Jack, look at me, please?" I asked. Jack pulled away slightly and we looked at each other for a few minutes.
"Yeah?" He replied, a smile tugging on his lips.
"I was thinking about the kiss...in the pool."
"What about it?" He asked, smile growing.
"I don't know why I did it...at the time."
"Do you now?"
"Yeah...I mean... I have a theory,"
"Can I hear this theory, or do I have to keep pulling teeth?"
I took a semi-deep breath.
"Jack, I just wanted to kiss you. I did it because I wanted to. It's weird, but I did." He chuckled. "You're my moon, Jack,"
"Go to sleep, Carson."
"Mmkay..." I trailed off, tucking myself back into his shoulder and neck. I was nearly asleep when I heard words that I never thought that I would hear. I heard words that three weeks ago was killing me to find out who would say them to me, and yet it had been right under my nose.
"It was me Carson,"
I knew what he was talking about.
Jack took my virginity.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa!!!!

Comment please? :)
- Rae <3