Sequel: Stupid and Fearless
Status: Finished

Resistance Is Useless

This Isn't A Date

Carson

I searched the parking lot for Jack's car seconds after the last bell rang. I just wanted to get out of this hell hole, but mostly I wanted to talk to Jack. The second I saw his car, and made my feet move quickly over to his car, but I was stopped by none other than the bitch who seemed to run the school.
"Carson, wait!"
I turned around and looked at the blonde.
"Yes, Mel?"
"What are you doing after school?"
"Hanging out with a friend."
"Who?" She demanded.
I huffed. I was about to respond when someone honked the horn. I spun around to see Jack smiling and waving at me.
"Him,"
"Is that Jack Barakat?"
"Yupp," I nodded my head before I went over to the car and I slipped in. "Drive, Jackie."
"What, no hello?" He asked, chuckling slightly as he drove as fast as he could out of the nearly empty parking lot.
"Sorry, Jack." I smiled. "Hi,"
"Hey," He replied. "Ready to go home?"
"Ugh." I groaned. "Can we just go hang out somewhere?"
"I was hoping that you would say that. Did you eat lunch?"
"No."
"Great." Jack smirked.
"What do you have planned....?"
"You'll see, Carson."
"Tell me."
"Nah," He shook his head, turning on the radio. "You like playground's right?"
"Um....what?"
"Never mind. Just listen to the radio."
"Jackkkkkkk," I whined some more.
"Carson, I'm not telling you. If I did, it wouldn't be a surprise now would it?"
"I guess not..." I mumbled, crossing my arms across my chest.
"That's right," He nodded, turning down road's I have never been down before.
I let my mind wonder to Jack. He seemed to be at the front of it lately. I haven't been able to stop thinking about him since last night. What exactly happened? Are we more than friends just because we've kissed a couple of times and he has my virginity? Or is he still just my lovable friend Jack? It's all too confusing. I don't even think Jack likes me that way. He's a friendly guy that might come off as a extreme flirt. Is that it? He's just friendly. We definitely are not more than friends. He's just my Jack.
"Stop over-thinking Carson," He laughed as he pulled to a stop and shut his car off.
I snapped out of my zone, and looked outside of the car. We were at a park of some sort.
"The park?"
"Very good, Cars." He joked.
I rolled my eyes before stepping out of the car. Jack got out after me, and met me in front of his car.
"Why are we here?"
"Picnic. Duhhh." He stated, gripping my hand lightly, and leading me into the park. "You've been on a picnic before, right?"
"Not in about eight years..." I allowed. "I think I was ten the last time I went on one? Possibly younger than that."
"Gees woman. You've never lived."
"I've lived plenty!" I snapped.
"Sure you have..."
"I have, Jack."
"You've lived the wealthy life. It's about time you've lived like a normal teenager."
"Whatever,"
"Seriously, Carson. Open you're eyes. Stop being so....bitchy."
I felt my mouth drop slightly. I was used to Alex telling me to stop bitching, but never Jack. The words hurt more coming from him than they did from anyone else.
"...okay."
"Great." He managed a small smile before he nodded toward a small place near a tree where a blanket and basket were already set up. "So...what do you think."
"A surprise picnic?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. "I have no idea what to think."
"Not a surprise picnic...a surprise date."
"Date?" I squeaked.
"Yeah...date. Like, a boy and a girl going out? You know, two people who like each other...."
"Jack, this is not a date."
"It's totally a date," He smirked laying down on the blanket. I sat down beside him, facing Jack.
"It's so not a date."
"Is to..." He smirked lightly, placing a big hand over mine. "Come on...it's a date."
Even if I was arguing with him, I placed at hand over his.
"It's not a date."
"Is toooooo," He sang.
"Dammit, Jack! If you stop agruing with me, we'll call this a date!"
He stopped and smiling a goofy grin at me.
"So...this is a date?"
I huffed loudly.
"Fucking a. Yes! This is a date."
"I knew it." He smirked before using his free hand to dig into the basket. "I made you a peanut butter sandwich."
My glare was quickly replaced by a small smile. I let go of his hand and sat up, accepting the sandwich from him.
"Thanks, Jack Attack."
"You're welcome, Nascar."
"Did you just call me Nascar?"
"Yeah..." He chuckled.
"May I ask why?"
"Because I call you Cars too?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows together.
"Think of a better nick-name," I stated.
He was silent while I ate the sandwich.
"Fine. I got a new one."
"Which would be?"
"You'll see." He smirked. "What a drink?"
"Depends on if it's water or not?"
"It's definitely water."
"Then yeah," I laughed. Jack reached back into the basket and grabbed the water before passing me the bottle. "Thanks, Jack Attack."
"You're welcome, babe."
I blushed at the new nick-name.
"Is that the new name?"
"Sure is..babe." He replied before kissing my cheek lightly.
"You're so weird."
"Is that a bad thing?"
"I haven't exactly decided yet..."
"When will you decide?"
"I'll let you know." I smirked lightly.
"Okay. Fine. Let's go play!"
"But there are little kids over there, Jackie."
"So? Come on, Carsonnnnn," He begged.
I simply shook my head and stood up before Jack was up and by my side. His hand lightly slid into mine as we walked toward the playground area. He directed me toward the swings and instructed me to sit down.
"You going to push me?"
"Yeah." He nodded with a laugh. I wrapped my arms around the chains and Jack lightly pressed my back until I was moving foward slowly. "See, this is fun."
"Shut up and push me higher, Jack,"
"You're so mean." He laughed. It was silent for a few minutes before he spoke up. "Why was Mel talking to you?"
"I have no idea. She's been like that since after lunch before I sat with Kendra and Kara."
"She's the queen of gossip." Jack laughed. "She thrives on it."
"She can suck it." I mumbled. "She just appears out of no where. It's strange."
"She's just trying to dig up dirt on you and Landon probably."
"I suppose you're right..."
"She saw me didn't she?"
"Um...yeah. Is that a bad thing?"
"No...I mean, not really. I guess it isn't. It wouldn't hurt your rep."
"I thought Alex was the cocky one?" I asked, turing my head to look at Jack.
"Alex may be cocky, but I'm not blind. We were pretty popular in high school."
"Because of your band?"
He nodded his head.
"Yeah. Alex sort of abused it a lot of the times. He's a whore."
"So is Landon." I laughed.
"Well that makes sense." He mumbled.
"What does?"
"Nothing." He laughed before pusing me a little higher. "You're coming tomorrow night, right?"
"Why would I miss my best friend playing guitar?"
"Because you forgot?"
"I can't forget when you ask me every five seconds,"
"I do not remind you that much..."
"You so do!" I agrued, laughing at him.
"You're coming though, right."
"Landon and I wouldn't miss it for the world. Care to pick us up after school?"
"No problem. I think we'll already be setting up, so I guess Lex and I will just come get you both. Okay?"
"Okay." I smiled.
I really enjoyed this date picnic.

<3

"Landon, Carson!" Mel stated, sitting down in Kara's seat before she got there.
"Um...hi," Landon replied, less than thrilled.
"Heyyyyy Mel...." I trailed off, unsure of what to say. "Sup?"
"So I hear that you two are pretty close with All Time Low. Is that right?"
"Well not all of them," I replied. "Jack is like my best friend,"
"I'm closer to Alex," Landon spoke up, smirking slightly.
"By closer, you mean fuck buddies right?" Mel asked.
We both turned toward Landon. She looked sligthly uncomfortable, and just when she was about to answer, Kendra sat down, and Kara looked at Mel.
"Mel?"
"I was just leaving," She slightly smirked before standing up and leaving the table all together.
"What was that?" Kendra laughed.
"I have no idea." Landon lied.
I searched her face. It showed no signs of what Mel suggested to being right, but my stomach tightened when she mentioned that. Maybe it's because I actually have slept with Jack? I'm sure that's it. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.
"Anyway... are you guys stoked for tonight?"
"Yeah," I nodded my head along with Landon. "We've never heard them play live before."
"It's going to be a treat then." Kara nodded eagerly like she always did when speaking of All Time Low. "And you get to meet Lisa to. That is, if you already haven't."
"Lisa? Who's that?" Landon asked.
"Alex's girlfriend?" Kendra replied in a duh voice.
"Girlfriend?" Landon looked extremely confused.
"Yeah...." Kara nodded.
"He's never mentioned her before."
"Never?"
"Nope." Landon stated.
"Jack has..." I put in. "She and Alex fucked a few times when he was dating Jack."
"Does Alex always cheat?" Landon asked. "Because I've seen him disappear with a few girls at some parties before."
"Well...I mean....Lisa's been out of town all summer..." Kendra trailed off, looking to Kara for help.
"She's a total sweetheart though. She doesn't really diserve what Alex does to her."
"I don't think anyone does." Landon rolled her eyes.
She was hidding something. I could tell.
We went through lunch not really talking about anything special, and then the bell rang. I went right to my next class, photography. It was my favorite since I have a passion for taking pictures. Then I went to Science for my last class. I typed my nails on my desk, waiting as patiently as I could for the class to end. As soon as the last bell rang, I jumped up from my desk and was out of the door. I pushed it open, but was typed on my shoulder. I turned around to see Mel.
"Carson!"
"Mel!" I mocked, but she didn't catch on. We walked side by side now.
"Where are you headed?"
"The parking lot." I replied like is obvious.
"So am I!" She stated, linking our arms together. "My boyfriend is out there."
"That's...great."
I tried my best to smile as I spotted Landon.
"There's my sister." I stated, easily removing my arm from her's. "Who is that guy?"
"My boyfriend." Mel sounded less than happy.
Oh...I get it now.
He's Landon's next target, and he's Mel's boyfriend.
Mel's trying to get close to us without actually being our friends.
What a fucking bitch.
"oh," I nodded.
"Hi, Cars." Landon smiled and then she saw Mel. "Mel! Hey girl,"
I giggled slightly. Her voice was so fake.
"Hey, Landon," Mel faked back, seeing her boyfriend and kissing him. "Hey Ace."
"Hi babe," He smiled, planting a small kiss on her lips. "You're out early."
"I was just walking with my friend, Carson." Mel stated, shooting a blinding smile toward me. "Did you know that she's Landon's twin?"
"No..." He smiled politely before looking at me. "Nice to meet you."
"You too." I slightly nodded.
"Where are you guys heading? We can give you a ride?" Mel offered looking at the two of us.
Landon and I looked at each other.
"No thanks." We said at the exact same time.
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah."
"Wow. Is that like a twin thing?" Ace asked playfully.
We looked at each other again.
"No,"
Mel laughed, fake probably, and then shook her head.
"What are you up to tonight?"
"A concert." Landon replied, spotting the guys in Alex's car. They both got out of the car and were walking this way.
I smiled widely at Jack.
"Who's?" Ace asked, not yet seeing Alex and Jack.
"All Time Low," I replied.
"Talking about us again?" Alex asked, smirking as he wrapped his arms tightly around Landon. I smiled at Jack, and wrapped my arms around his neck in a hug. I pulled back but our faces were still close when he kissed my forehead.
"Cause that's totally all I talk about," Landon rolled her eyes. Alex had his arms tossed over her shoulders, tucking her into his side.
"You know you want me for my body." Jack joked toward her.
"Oh yeah, she wants that skeleton figure." I joked at him.
Jack pouted.
"That's mean."
"Get over it, Jack." Alex joked.
"Fucker." Jack laughed.
"Did you guys....break up?" Mel asked Alex and Jack.
They both sighed heavily.
"Yesssss."
"Why can't people stop fucking asking that question. It's weird." Jack shook his head. "We broke up over the summer."
"Oh..." Mel slightly smirked and Ace looked uncomfortable.
"We must be off now." Alex stated. "We've got shit to do."
"What have you been doing all day?" I asked.
"Video games...." Jack laughed. "Come on, babe."
I didn't miss the looks that Jack and I got as he laced his fingers with mine and tugged me toward Alex's car.
"Are they?" Mel asked.
"Cause they look like they are..."
"I have no idea." Alex and Landon replied at the same time.
I felt a blush find it's way to my cheeks. I looked up at Jack as we got further away.
"What?"
"Well...are we?" I questioned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Newwww chapter!

Sorry about taking sooooo long! Enjoy!

xoxo Rae