Sequel: Stupid and Fearless
Status: Finished

Resistance Is Useless

Welcome To Baltimore

Landon

It felt like a nightmare. A fucking terrible nightmare.
But I wasn't waking up anytime soon. No, this was real. My dad is forcing not only me, but my twin sister, to move to Baltimore, Maryland. And with our mother nonetheless. Not that I don't miss my mom, cause I do a lot of the time, but it's her other family that I can't stand. The last time I was even face to face with her, Carson and I were fourteen and we were meeting her husband's awkward fifteen-year old son, Alex. Not that Alex was bad he was just so...common. I even slapped him in the face because he called Carson a bitch. Yeah, we are but don't say it.
"Daddyyyyy." Carson whinned, being Daddy's Little Girl always worked out for her. "Do we haveeeee to go?"
"Carson Jayden Owens, stop whinning and get into the car. Now."
I felt my jaw go slack and my eye grow wide as my father refused Carson, his clear favorite.
"Dad...." I trailed off, looking at him.
"Not. Another. Word. I am beyond disappointed with you two."
"But it wasn't Carson's fault! I forced her into coming with me! She couldn't say no."
"I don't care." He replied. "Now get in the car."
I stole a glance at my blond sister.
"Can we at least get hugs?"
"No." He stated, waving and walking back into the White House."
"Fucking douche." I muttered, tossing my arm over the younger twin. "He loves you still, Carson."
She looked at me, her sky blue eyes filled with sorrow.
"H-how's your arm?" Carson asked, changing the subject.
"Nothing a little lotion can't fix." I forced a laugh. "Come on, we've got a drive a head of us."
"Ugh. Baltimore." Carson grimiced. "Please, Landon...don't remind me how horrid this will be,"
"I'm trying to block it out myself." I mumbled as we got into the car. Carson followed me into the car and the butler, Austin, quickly shut the door behind us. "What if we don't fit in, Cars?"
"Why wouldn't we?" Carson asked, oblivious to my worry. "I mean.. it's us...how could we not fit in? People...love us."
I could tell that she was unsure even if she was doing a fantastic job of covering it up.
It's a twin thing.
"But we have to deal with Alex," I groaned. "He's not exactly the welcome commity."
"Ew! I forgot about him." She sighed heavily and laid back against the seat. "This day just keeps getting better." She grumbled.
I sighed heavily and laid my head against my sister's shoulder.
"I'm screwed. What if mom see's my tattoo and decides to kick me out too?!"
"You're dumb. Mom has tattoo's...that she got at 18 to. She'd be insane to kick you out for getting two at 18."
"That's true... I'm too much like mom."
"Oh, I know. You free spirit, you," She lightly joked.
"Maybe that's why dad kicked me out. I'm too crazy."
"Oh yeah. I'm sure that's it." Sarcasm dripped from her voice.
I chuckled.
My sister always makes me feel better.

<3

"Wow. Even nearly an hour and fifteen minutes in the car is enough to make me go insane." Carson stated.
I completely agreed with her. The car ride was too long, it was too hot, and my tight fitting mini-skirt and corset top made me cranky. We were currently stopped at a gas station to change. A freaking gas station. I grabbed the small gym bag I would use for the Private school we used to go to, but not anymore. Now it's...public school. Gross. I was barely paying attention as I followed Carson into the bathroom. I follow her blindly a lot of the times, not really caring where she led us to.
"It's a one person bathroom." I stated.
"No shit, Landon." Carson rolled her eyeliner clad eyes. "We're twins. Just go in with me."
"Fine." I agreed before we both locked ourselves into the bathroom. I dumped my bag on the ground while Carson searched for a sanitary place to sit her's.
"Cars...just sit it on the floor. That's your old Louis anyway."
"Alright! Fine!" She groaned, sitting the designer bag on the ground and fishing clothes from it. "The only good thing about moving out here is that I can finall wear this shirt,"
I looked up from my bag and smiled at the white tank top in her hands. It was one that I got for her for our birthday. It was slightly out of character for Carson, but she really wanted the shirt. Therefore, I bought it for her.
" It's cute." I giggled as my sister pulled on the tank top over her bra.
"Thanks, Lan." She smiled at me. I shook my head and shimmed off my corset and fixed my bra. "When did you get your belly button pierced?!"
I smiled and looked down at my navel.
"A week after 17th birthday."
"And I'm just not noticing?!"
"Well dad did make us wear tankini's instead of regular two pieces."
"That's very true." She shrugged it off as she pulled up her short shorts. I rolled my eyes, pulling on my own distressed white shorts and then my black vans. Carson was already dressed and staring at her reflection in the mirror.
"Cars, move. I need mirror time," I lightly joked. "We all can't be beautiful naturally like you are."
"But we have the same face."
"But natural looks better on you," I whinned.
Carson rolled her eyes and refressed her eyeliner, as opposed to my bare face.
"Whatever, Landon. Just freaking hurry." She ushered as she moved out of the way to let me up to the mirror. I grabbed my make-up, quickly blushing on some powered foundation. I dug for my eyeliner, rimming my eyes tickly with the black before finding my charcoal colored eye shadow. I finished with mascara, and Burt's Bees chap stick. I smiled at my reflection, content with my shirt sitting just above my belly button, and my shorts no where near half way down my thighs. Carson's was nearly the same way, but her tank top was longer. She wasn't as dark as I was, a trait I get from mom and her's from dad.
"I'm done," I sighed heavily, and I turned toward her. She smiled at me before picking up her bag, and I copied her actions.
"Let's get this moving. We have another fifteen minute drive."
"Seriously?!"
"Seriously," She mocked. "I actually like your tattoo. Even if it is freaking huge. It's...you,"
"Thanks sis." I laughed as we walked out of the bathroom. There were a few women standing outside waiting, and they looked at us with distaine. I was about to say something when Carson was pulling me away, but I turned my head, making eye contact with one of the women. "Fuck off!" I shouted at her before turning back around and walking out of the gas station with Carson.
"Did you really have to say that?" She asked me, slightly annoyed.
"She was staring at us! The nerve of some people!"
"I know, Landon, but you don't have to tell her to fuck herself. Even if we both were thinking it." I shook my head. "I did see what she was wearing, and she's was looking at us that way, right?"
"It's scary how well you can read my mind."
"It's a twin thing." She laughed, linking arms with me as we got into the car. "How should we spend this car ride?"
"I have no idea. I've already napped, texted Chelsea and Lita. I'm kind out of ideas,"
"Let's just...sit here. How about we play some radio?"
"Sounds fantastic to me."
Carson lifted up toward the front to tell the drive to play some music and he turned it to basic radio.
"Ugh! My Blink cd is in the back." Carson grumbled.
"I think I have Newfound Glory's in my bag?" I questioned before searching for it. "...and it's in the back too."
"Greatttttt."
"It's not that bad, Cars." I laughed lightly.
"I guess not." She shrugged, and slipped on her sunglasses that nearly matched her converse.
For the remander of the ride, I stared out of the window watching our old lives pass us by as we got deeper into the suburbs of Baltimore. I didn't even notice that the car started to slow down in front of a house that basically looked like the others in the community. Then there was my mom and her husband, Peter standing outside of the house. The car pulled into the drive way, and pulled to a stop.
"Holy shit. This is real." I muttered to my twin.
"Come on....no use in sitting in a stuffy car."
"That's true." I sighed heavily before we both got out of the car. I went to grab my suitecases with Carson from the trunk. Our mom was standing there, looking really excited to see us. I attempted a smile, but my eyes were burning holes into the house behind my designer sunglasses.
"Landon, Carson!" My mom stated excitedly, hugging us both at the same time. "I'm so happy to see you two!"
"You too mom." I mumbled, but a small smile was visible on my face.
"You girls have grown up a lot," Peter said, his british accent surprisingly pleasent to hear.
"Yeah. We have." Carson nodded.
It was slightly awkward.
"I'm not going to lie and say that I'm not happy seeing you, but this is all so sudden," She said, pulled us back to take in our features. "When your father called us up last night, it was shocking. But of course, I would never disagree."
I nodded my head.
"Yeah, sorry about that. Dad flipped his hid."
"He just said that you chose to move out?"
"No," Carson grunted. "Landon got two tattoo's, so dad freaked out,"
My mom skimmed her eyes over me, landing on my tattoo.
"On the plus side, I love it." She smiled.
"Thanks," I managed a smile back.
"Come on in, Alex and his friends are in the living room. We'll get them to help you two out."
I stole a glance at Carson. She was pouting much like I was.
"Okay." I replied before we walked in with our suite cases. As Peter said, Alex and two other boys were sitting in the living room playing a bunch of video games. I scoffed, causing the two to turn around that weren't Alex. "Lazy much?"
Alex turned around and his eyes went wide before he was pausing the game. The three of them walked over and stood in front of us. I didn't feel uncomfortable with the sudden attention drawn toward my boobs and stomach. I rather liked it.
"Boys, can you take their luggage to the spare rooms?" Peter asked. The three boys nodded before taking our bags from us and taking them up to the rooms.
"Peter and I are going out for a while. Start talking to Alex and his friends. And be nice."
"Mom, of course," Carson replied, because I was biting my tongue.
"Love you," She kissed our heads before her and Peter started toward the door.
"Love you!" Carson and I yelled at the same time.
I lifted my sunglasses off of my head and tossed them on the counter. Carson soon followed my lead. Then the three teens ran down the stairs, and back to where we were.
"Where did Pam and Peter go?"
I rolled my eyes.
"Her name is Pamula, Alex." I snapped.
"They went out," Carson rolled her eyes. "Who are your friends?"
"I'm Zack,"
"And I'm Rian," They both waved at us.
"Hmmm." I nodded, eyeing Zack.
"We're in a band."
"Obviously." Carson rolled her eyes. "Aren't there four of you?"
"Yeah. Jack's still having a hard time coming around after the break-up," Rian explained, and Alex huffed.
"Break-up?" Carson and I asked at the same time.
"Yeah, Lex and Jack."
My eyes grew as I turned toward our step-brother.
"You were dating a guy?"
"What's it to you?!" He snapped.
Zack lightly sighed.
"Alex had a hard time coming to the terms that he was bisexual in the first place, let alone he had a crush on Jack."
"Wow." Carson stated. "That is awkward."
"So when did you two break-up?" I asked, picking at my black nails.
"During tour," Alex replied the short answer. "It just wasn't working out."
"They butted heads a lot." Rian explained. "It wasn't pleasent sharing a van with them two when they were fighting."
I nodded and flipped my dark locks behind my shoulder.
"When do we get to meet the lovely ex?" Carson asked sarcastically.
"Soon," Alex laughed lightly. "He should be here in like five minutes."
"Or sooner," I said right after the door bell rang.
"I'll get it." Zack stated, placing a hand lightly on his friends shoulder. He left and I looked between Rian and Alex. I studied them. Rian had a great smile and a girlfriend no doubt. Alex had grown up a lot to. He was no longer, a scrawny, short fifteen year old that we had first met. He was now replaced with a eighteen-year old in tight jeans and converse. His honey brown hair was now a little ligther with some blonde in it. He was hot.
But he was also Alex, my step-brother.
"Hey guys..."
Carson and I turned quickly toward the voices, seeing a tall boy with skunk hair and big nose. He was attractive too.
"And I see why Alex dated you," Carson stated out loud.
"Um...hi?" He asked, looking at her and then reading her shirt. "Is there a limit to how many times I can blink?" He questioned, giving her a suggestive smile.
"Depends. Do you want your balls chopped off?" Carson retored, folding her arms over her tiny chest. That's another thing that was different with us. I was blessed up top...Carson? Not so much.
"Wow. Fiesty." Jack winked at her, and Alex scoffed.
"Could you stop hitting on my sister for like five minuets?"
"Ah... so this is Carson and Lany?"
"Landon." I corrected in a bitchy tone. "Ugh. This is going to be worse than we thought,"
Carson pouted.
"Tell me about it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and suscribe! :D

- Rae <3