Sequel: Stupid and Fearless
Status: Finished

Resistance Is Useless

Twin Day

LANDON

“How are you coping with Alex being gone?” My twin sister asked me as we entered the local mall.
I shrugged.
“It’s…not easy.” I tried to piece my words together correctly. “I mean, nothing is ever easy with our relationship. We’ve been hiding for over a month.”
“You guys don’t just…sex it up, right?”
I giggled at my sister’s choice of words.
“No,Cars. We don’t just ‘sex it up’.”
“Ohh whatever.” Carson giggled, linking arms with me. “Do you guys go out on dates?”
“We’ve been out on quiet a few, actually.”
“You have? What was your first date?”
“He took me to see a movie and then ice-cream afterward.”
“Awe…” She gushed. “Wait, did you put the M&M’s in the popcorn?”
“Surprisingly no…Alex did that for me.”
“Wow.”
“He didn’t even know if I liked popcorn like that.” I giggled. “It was super cute.”
Carson smiled over at me.
“I’m happy for you, baby cakes.”
“Me too.” I laughed. “With you and Jack, I mean.” I explained.
“I love him.” Carson blushed. “He’s…perfect.”
“Nobody’s perfect, Cars.”
“I know, I know,” She huffed. “But he’s pretty perfect for me.”
“That’s sweet.” I smiled widely. “Where did Jack take you on your first date?”
“I took him to DC, and the old tree house.”
I rolled my eyes.
“That’s something you would do. I never did understand your obsession with that thing.”
“I don’t really understand it either.” She admitted, shrugging her shoulders. “But it was the best first date ever.”
“It was your first, first date ever.”
“So?” She laughed. “I know that your date with Alex was your first date too.”
I nodded in agreement.
“It was.”
My smile was basically tattooed on my face.
“Awe,” She cooed again.
“Could you stop doing that?” I questioned, nudging her slightly.
“Fineeee,” She complained. “You guys are just so freaking cute!”
“I think I liked it better when you were all awkward around us,” I groaned.
“What do you think about Alex and Jack being exes and being back on the road together?”
I felt my eyes grow wide.
“Wow, Cars. Three-sixty much?” I joked.
“I was just curious.” She replied.
I thought over the question for a moment.
“I honestly don’t have a problem with it. The fact that they’re so cool with each other now is….slightly weird, I’ll admit.”
“See…now we’re getting somewhere,”
“Um…I think that it’s only that way because they were best friend’s first.”
“You know that they were sexually active, right?”
I face twisted.
“EW!”
“That’s what I told Jack.” She laughed. “I still don’t understand how they got away with being like…that with mom and Peter there.”
“I don’t get it either. It’s like Peter and mom are completely stupid.”
“Inattentive.” Carson corrected. “They were oblivious.”
“Why couldn’t you just say that?” I laughed.
Carson shrugged.
“I have no idea.”
“Goodness…” I giggled at her.
“How is your tattoo doing?”
“It’s feeling better.” I admitted. “It still itches.”
“I don’t think I could ever get one of those.”
“I’m sure you could,” I rolled my eyes.
“If I did…it would be insanely small.” She replied. “Come on, let’s go into Delia’s.”
“Okayyy,” I huffed as I let my twin pull me into the store. We started looking around at the clothes. I picked out a few pairs of pants a couple of shirts. Carson bought more skirts and a few pairs of pants herself. Carson paid for all of our stuff while I waited for her outside.
“What’s a pretty little girl like you doing out here all alone?”
I turned my head to see some guy smirking down at me.
“Go away.” I replied, sounding bored.
“Come on…I’m just making mere conversation.”
“I don’t want to talk to you,” I retorted.
“I’m not that bad of a guy.”
“Read my lips, prick. Get. Away. From. Me.” I stated, clenching my teeth. “I have a boyfriend.”
“Whatever, you’re not that hot anyway.”
“And you’re not my type.” I snapped back before he walked away. “Pompous asshole,”
“Whoa…who pissed you off?” Carson asked, laughing lightly.
“Just some prick who was hitting on me and wouldn’t leave.” I shrugged.
“Come on, I want a smoothie.”
“Okay,” Carson giggled as we walked toward the food court. I ordered us some strawberry and banana milkshakes. I quickly paid and sat down across from my sister at the table she picked. “Today was fun,”
“I couldn’t agree with you more.”
“Too bad we have to go back to school tomorrow. Ditching today was fun. And people say Monday’s are the worst,”
“This Monday is pretty great,” I agreed. “Too bad tomorrow’s going to suck balls,”
She twisted up her face.
“Do you really have to use that statement?”
“Carson, you’re so weird.” I stated. “You can saw the f word without caring but when I say a simple fraze like that you think it’s nasty?”
“Yes, Landon, I do.” My twin replied, smiling at me.
I miss this.
I really missed my twin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the new subs!

I love you guys <3

Song of the Day: Summer Song- Forever The Sickest Kids
xoxo Rae Marie