Sequel: Stupid and Fearless
Status: Finished

Resistance Is Useless

Fight

CARSON

“Still pouting?” I asked Kara playfully as I sat down beside her at our lunch table.
“Yeah,” She sighed. “I just miss Rian...I know you miss Jack a lot too, right?”
“I do,” I agreed with a small smile. “They’ve been gone for a little over a week, and I’m still adjusting. My mom keeps commenting on how weird it was that Jack’s never there anymore.”
“I guess between you and Alex, he spent most of his time there.” Kara laughed.
“They never knew that Alex and Jack were dating.”
“I know,” She sighed. “It’s sad really. Rian and I would go on double dates with Alex and Jack. I would be talking about the double date, and they wouldn’t be able to. I never understood why they didn’t tell their parents,”
“They were probably scared.” I answered. “Jack’s fun to be around, but he’s also insecure about...that area.” I sighed.
“I know,” Kara gave me a small smile.
It was silent for a moment or two when I heard yelling coming from the middle of the cafeteria.
“What the hell?” I mumbled, looking over at Kara.
She shrugged.
“I don’t know. Let’s go check it out,” The smaller girl stood up, and I followed her over to the commotion. Standing there having a bitch fit was Mel. She was yelling toward Ace and Landon. I felt my protective twin sister instincts go up as we got closer.
“You have to have something to do with this, you little bitch!” Mel spat, glaring at Landon. “Ace wouldn’t just dump me!”
Landon laughed.
“Ace is just my friend. I may have slept with him, but I definitely am not the cause for all of this.”
“You slept with him?!” She shrieked.
“Yeah, but I don’t know what you’re getting so worked up about. He wasn’t that good anyway.” Landon replied.
“You whore!” Mel yelled. “Why can’t you and your nerdy sister go back to where ever the hell you’re from?”
“You can call me names all you want too, Mel. But don’t drag Carson into this. She has nothing to do with it.”
Mel just smirked.
“How does it feel to have your sister fight your own battles, Carson? You’re a wimp.”
My eyes grew wide as I saw Landon’s right arm swing forward and make contact with Mel’s nose. A nasty crushing sound filled the entire cafeteria.
“Don’t you ever fucking speak to my sister like that again, you fucking bitch.” She snarled, shaking out her right hand. I grabbed her left wrist and drug the both of us out of the cafeteria before Landon beat the hell out of her. She stretched and retracted her fingers a few times after we stopped.
“Are you okay?”
Landon shrugged.
“I’ve been better.”
Then I wrapped my arms tightly around my twin. She laughed, but she hugged me back tightly.
“Thanks, Lan,” I mumbled, and pulled her tighter against me.
“No problem.” Landon replied before she hugged me tighter.
Our twin moment was interrupted by the Assistant Principal. Landon was drug off toward the office and I stood there, shocked that something like that just happened. I’m not saying that Mel didn’t have it coming to her, because she totally did...I just felt bad. I’m not a violent person. Landon got that trait...not me. I hate watching fights and even being in them. It just sucked that my sister was one of the people that swung first.
“Holy shit,” Kendra stated as soon as she and Kara met me outside. “Do you know what that was about?”
“Ace dumped Mel,” I replied, looking at the two brunettes. “Mel’s flipping her lid and blamed it on Landon,”
“So that’s why she was yelling?” Kendra asked confused. “All I saw was Landon’s fist making contact with Mel’s fake nose.”
“Yeah...well....Mel said something to me, and Landon snapped.”
“That’s crazy,” Kara commented. “Where is she?”
“Ms. Tanner took her to the office. I think she might get suspended, especially since she hit Mel first.”
“What do you think your mom and Peter are going to say?” Kendra asked curiously.
“Honestly? I have no idea.” I admitted. The bell rang above our heads and we went separate ways. I seriously can’t believe that she just hit Mel. Usually she wouldn’t do something like that. Landon just plays around about wanting to hit people. Never in my life have I seen her actually hit someone. I never thought I would actually see her hit someone. It was shocking and confusing.
But I loved her dearly for it.



“Hey,” I said after I entered Landon’s bedroom. “I bought you some pizza.” I stated, lifting up the plate of cheesy goodness.
Landon rolled over on her side and smiled slightly at me.
“Thanks, Cars.”
“No problem,” I laughed. “Can I come in,”
Landon rolled her eyes.
“Do I need to send you a golden invitation?” She asked sarcastically.
I shook my head and laughed before I sat down on the edge of her bed.
“How’s your hand.”
“My middle finger still hurts. No flipping the bird for a while.” She joked.
“No, seriously, how are you?”
“Awful,” She huffed. “I feel like everything is my fault.”
“And why do you feel that way?”
“Because Ace broke up with Mel,”
“That’s so not your fault. They constantly cheated on each other. Everyone in school knows that, Lannie.”
Landon looked down at her hands.
“Alex slept with her.”
“Do what?”
“He told me before we went into our relationship,” She replied, looking up at me. “The day that we finally got together was the day I slept with Ace.”
“Oh...”
“And I just feel...I don’t know. I guess I feel like it’s my fault, because Ace was faithful until me. Mel was the cheater, but he finally grew some balls and dumped her.”
“After he slept with you?”
She sighed heavily.
“Yeah,”
I looked at my twin closely. She looked sad and alone.
“Landon, will you please tell me what is really on your mind?”
“I miss Alex.”
“I miss Jack too,” I giggled. “It’s only natural.”
“I know, but I’m just scared that I’m going to fuck shit up.”
“What do you mean?”
“I feel like I’m going to screw Alex and myself over. I don’t want to lose him, Carson. It scares the hell out of me to think that one day he won’t be mine anymore.”
I felt my eyes widen as I stared at my scared twin. She’s never been one to talk about her being scared. Normally she’s cracking jokes like a teenage boy, but not right now. I saw real side that I barely get to see anymore. I saw how she felt, and it confused me. Landon’s never been attached to a guy like this before. I’ve never seen her so....vulnerable in my life. Even when my dad kicked us both out, she fault tooth and nail to make sure that he didn’t break her down. And he didn’t. Who would have thought that Alex, our step-brother, would have broken her down this much. Landon was seriously head over heels in love with him. I got it. That’s how I was with Jack, but with Jack everything was so easy. It was like breathing.
With Jack, I could reach the stars. He made me feel invincible. Never once have I felt scared that I was going to do something to mess it up. He was great for me, and I was great for him. We just meshed well together. Jack was everything I thought I didn’t want, but he turned out to be exactly the guy that I needed. Jack was my first everything. He’s my first boyfriend, and first serious relationship. I wanted to be with him for as long as possible, and right now, that might be for the rest of my life. I could see that for us, and it brought a wide smile to my face.
But here I was, sitting with my worried sister. She didn’t know what was going to happen tomorrow. She and Alex were so much alike that it was scary. They fault, a lot, and they both are sarcastic as can be. They have really bad jealousy, and hot tempers, but somehow, they were in love. She loved Alex more than she loved anyone, and that’s a lot. Landon doesn’t just give her heart to anyone.
“Landon, is Alex and Mel a reason why you hit her?” I asked slowly, careful not to raise her temper.
She looked up at me, and I noticed a few tears falling from her face.
“It added fuel to the fire.” She sniffled. “I’d do anything for you, Carson. You’re my best friend. You’re my sister. You’re my fucking twin. I love you, okay? I would seriously take a bullet for you,”
I smiled and wrapped my arms around her for the second time today.
“I’d take a bullet for you too, Landon.” I replied before squeezing my eyes shut.
I have never had more respect for her than I had for her right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think is gonna happen?????
I ♥ hearing from you lovely readers!

xoxo Rae Marie