Sequel: Stupid and Fearless
Status: Finished

Resistance Is Useless

Let's Party

Carson

"Tell me about it." I mumbled to my sister.
We've been here for less than fifteen minutes and already we've met Alex's friends, his ex-boyfriend, and we've come to the realization that we are in fact staying in Baltimore. To make matters worse? Alex's ex-boyfriend Jack is totally hitting on me in front of him. Talk about awkward.
"Cars? I think we're going to be worse off than we thought. Maybe we have to get jo-,"
"Don't you dare say the j word!" I snapped at my sister. "I can not and WILL NOT get a...that word."
"Wow. High matinence much?" Alex rolled his eyes.
"Hell yeah, and don't fucking forget it." Landon snapped. "This is fucking culture shock, okay?"
"Where did you guys live? Beverly Hills or something?" Jack asked.
"Nope." I popped the p. "More like Washington DC."
"With all of those government people?"
"Yes, Jack," Alex rolled his eyes as he retorted bitterly.
"And que awkward silence." Landon stated. "I'm starved. Got any food."
"You look like you barely eat." Zack laughed, looking at Landon.
She smirked and I already knew what my more experienced twin was thinking. She was practically undressing him with her eyes.
"Nope, we definitely eat." I added. "Where's the kitchen?"
"Just follow us," Alex stated with a sigh. The six of us walked into the kitchen, which was surprisingly big. "Chips are in that cabnit." He stated pointing toward the one closest to Landon.
"Sweet!" She stated, reaching up with her right arm, and opening it up.
"Whoa. Was that a tattoo?" Jack asked her.
"Yupp," She replied, grabbing a bag of Ranch Kettle Baked chips. "Just got it yesterday."
"Hense why we are here." I completed for her.
"You're here because of a tattoo?" Rian asked carefully. "That's dumb."
"Yeah, tell that to daddy." Landon rolled her eyes sarcastically. "I was forced to move out, taking my lovely twin sister with me, because we can't be apart."
"I'm dad's favorite." I started to explain. "So we figured that if we can't be apart, he would ease up on the punishment."
"How did that work for ya?" Alex asked, smirking as he crossed his arms.
He was still the douche of a kid that he used to be, just more grown up.
"Not too well obviously because now we're stuck here going to public school instead of Washington Prep."
"Wow, prep school kids." Jack mutterd. "That would explain the 'I'm better than you' attitude."
"That's because we are." I replied with a simple shrug.
They guys laughed and shook their heads.
"Come on, sis," Alex stated, tossing his arm over Landon's shoulders and steering her into the living room forching the others to follow. I stayed back and dug for some water to drink when I realized that I wasn't the only one who stayed back.
"Why are you a bitch?"
I jumped at the sound and stood up quickly. I spun around, and found myself facing Jack.
"Why do you care?"
"Um...maybe because you're rude?" He stated as if it was obvious.
"You want an honest to God answer?"
"That would be nice."
"It's the way I was raised. I've never been a common person like yourself." I stated, shutting the fridge door. "Why did you decide to date Alex?"
I saw a flash of emotion flash across Jack's eyes.
It looked a lot like hurt.
"I liked him,"
"Odd..." I pondered outloud before pushing past him and walking into the living room with Jack following me. "The news really?" I asked, looking over at my sister, tucked between Alex's arm and Zack's side looking pissed off. I laughed at her misfortune and sat down with Rian, only to have the lanky, big nosed guy to sit down on my lap. I attempted to push him off, but it didn't work.
"Yupp. I live for the news!" Alex stated, pulling another smirk.
"Alex?"
"Yes, Landon?" He asked, looking at my sister.
"Do you always smirk like a tool,"
"Always babe." He playfully winked at her, earing himself another glare. "Now be quiet, it's back on!"
I actually turned my attention toward the reporter.
"Reports came early this morning that President Owens has kicked his two teenage daughters out of the White House. Debra has more on that story. Debra?"
"Thanks Kiki. Yes, it's true. President Owens has kicked both Landon and Carson Owens out of the White House due to the older twin, Landon getting a tattoo. Although the twins turned 18 back in June, the President has a distaste for inking up ones body. Landon getting the tattos was the final straw, forcing both to move out."
"Debra, why was Carson kicked out also? It is rumored that the President favor's the blond twin."
"That's true, Kiki. President Owens does favor the proper twin over the rebellious one. It is said that because the girl's refused to split up, the President kicked both out to live with their mother and her family. Now get this, that family involves none other than Balitmore's leading front man, Alex Gaskarth of the band All Time Low,"
"Alright, thanks Debra."
"You're welcome Kik-,"
And that was when I saw Landon turning off the tv.
"Great! Fucking perfect!" She shouted. "Does everyone know that dad hates me?!"
"Dad doesn't hate you, Lan..."
"Of course you would say that!" She laughed bitterly. "You're his favorite."
"Landon. That's not fair." I agrued, finally able to stand up because Jack removed himself from my lap.
"You know what's not fair? Getting punished for getting tattoo's when I'm 18! I'm legally an adult."
"Under the supervision of the President of the United States," I agrued back. "I told you not to do it, but you didn't listen."
"When do I ever listen?"
"Never. That's the point, Landon," I laughed. She nearly cracked a smile. "You love pushing people's buttons and you just so happened to push dad's way to far. Thus, we end up in Hell."
Landon rolled her eyes.
"Always the logical one."
"If I'm not, then who's going to calm your ass down."
"Certianly not mom." She scoffed.
"That's another thing! Mom completely adores you! Equal attention is spilt."
"Not when we lived with dad for so long."
I huffed, looking at my sister.
"Think of it this way, now you can't get in trouble for the dumb shit you do."
"That does sound great...." Landon trailed off, her eyes flicking toward Zack.
That girl, I swear.
"What do you guys do for fun?" I asked, changing the subject to stop Landon from getting way to many ideas.
"Party." They all replied.
"Really now...." There was a sparkle in Landon's eyes. "We should definitely throw one."
"Are you serious?" Alex asked, looking at her weirdly. "I thought prep school kids were just snobby? Hell, I even went to prep school."
"Nah, we all aren't." Landon shrugged. "Hense why the tattoos was the last straw. I can't just piss my dad off that bad over night. It takes years of pushing his buttons."
"What about you, Carson?" Jack asked, now sitting in his own chair.
"What about me?"
"What did you do?"
"Oh..." I trailed off. "I'm a complusive shopper."
"Complusive shopper? Like how bad?" Rian asked. "You can't be any worse than Kara,"
"Um...pretty bad. In fact, I think I've spent out Daddy's credit cards three days in a row. It was terribly bad."
"What about now?"
"Daddy cut me off." I pouted.
"Which brings back the conversation of getting-,"
"I swear, Landon! Don't freaking say it!" I demanded at my taunting sister.
She just rolled her eyes.
"Whatever. I just want to drink."
"Fuck! This girl is awesome!" Jack stated, throwing his arm over Landon's shoulders.
I scowled a little bit, but he quickly removed his arm when he saw the glare Alex was giving him.
I'm sure it's a jealous ex-boyfriend thing...right?

<3

"How did you manage so much beer?" I asked Jack as they finished carring in the massive amounts of tweleve packs.
"We know a guy."
Zack laughed.
"He's our tour manager, Matt. He's 21."
"Ah...that explains it."
"Are you going to change for the party?" Alex asked actually acting like a big brother.
"Nope." I replied. "I probably won't even attend. It's not really my thing."
"I'm sure it isn't." He rolled his eyes.
"Oh well." I shrugged.
"Where's Landon?"
"She's upstairs checking her make-up," I replied. "No boys in there...yet."
"What do you mean yet?" Jack asked, amused.
"Landon likes to have a good time. And guys are a good time to her."
"No boyfriends?"
"Just one night stands."
"Damn," Rian shook his head. "That explains a lot."
"Like the way she dresses? Yeah. And Zack...you might be the next target. Sorry, buddy."
"I..um...what?"
"Yeah. She was seriously eye fucking you earlier."
"Even I saw that one, Zack." Jack laughed.
What an odd guy.
"Oh um...well that's really....wow."
Alex glared at Zack.
"Don't even, man."
"Wasn't planning on it."
"Carson's off limits though, right?" Jack asked, winking at me.
My face twisted as Alex shot another glare at him.
"Fuck off, Jack."
"Whatever, Alex." Jack rolled his eyes, creating an awkward silence between the five of us, until Landon started running down the stairs.
"Okay, I'm ready to get wasted, bitches!" She shouted, earning herself some yells of agreements.
"Fine, but I'm not babsitting." I mumbled as we finished setting up. It's not that I don't like to party, it's just that I'm really loud when I'm drunk. Like, insanely loud. And I really don't have a filter. I say whatever comes to my mind, and I could care less about what people think. If only I were like that sober. Life would probably be a hell of a lot easier on me. But that's not me...on the surface.
I hid over halfway through the party, taking refuge in the kitchen. I was content being all alone when Jack was running through the kitchen.
"I need more cups."
"Why?" I asked carefully. The lanky guy didn't look drunk at all. "Are you sober?"
"Sadly...yes."
"Why do you need something more plastic cups?"
"We're playing beer pong against Landon. Then we're doing body shots."
I rolled my eyes.
"That sounds like Landon,"
"Yupp." Jack stated, and turned around to leave.
I sighed heavily, and took a swig from my own cup.
Jack didn't notice and went back to the party with the cups. I was alone for ten more minutes before I heard more commotion. I looked up to see Jack reappearing in the kitchen.
"Back so soon?"
"Yeah." He sighed, sitting down beside me. "Can I talk to you about something?"
"Jack, I don't really care about your problems."
"That's exactly what makes it easier to talk to you,"
"Sure...what's wrong?" I asked, pretending to care.
"Alex..." He frowned.
"What about him?" I tried to sound interested, but I knew that my voice came out bored.
"Like...I'm still reall attracted to him, and I'm upset over our break-up...but I know that it was a good thing that we didn't last. I don't like seeing him with other people so fucking soon, cause I care for the kid, ya know? He's still my best friend first regardless, and I want our friendship back. I don't want it to be all awkward anymore."
I sat there, pondering the thought for a moment before taking another gulp of my drink.
"You know what I think?"
"No...what?"
"I think that you need to grow a pair and get the fuck over it."
Jack looked shocked at my words. He soaked them in as we sat in silence.
"So what do you suggest I do?"
"I think you need to kiss someone else. I'm guessing that Alex was the last person you kissed?" Jack nodded. "Then go find some random slut, guy or girl, and mac on them."
"Do you think your sister is willing?"
I scoffed.
"Yeah. Probably."
Jack smirked.
"You have the hots for me."
"Your hot, so sue me. Doesn't mean I want to fuck you, Jack,"
"But enough to kiss me?"
I looked at the smirking boy beside of me, and a smile found it's way to my lips.
"Okay. But we have to go out to the party. Where Alex can clearly see us."
"Why does that sound like it will make things worse?"
"It won't. He's been making out with other people, right?"
"Yeah...."
"Just start making out with other people then." I shrugged before standing up. "But first, I need more achoal."
"Me too." Jack nodded, taking my cup and filling it to the brim with come kind of mixture he called the Jack Attack. "Here, try it."
I gingerly took the cup before taking a swig.
"Whoa!" I stated. "It's strong."
"But it's good, right?"
I nodded my head.
"It's great. Come on, Jack Attack." I rolled my eyes before I led the way out of the kitchen. The party was insane. Landon was currently playing beer pong with Zack, Alex, and Rian. Landon and Zack on one team with Alex and Rian on the other. She was yelling something about loser does body shots with the winner. I think she was attempting to lighten Zack up, who was really already drunk.
"Holy shit! Landon just beat Alex! That rarely ever happens!"
"Does it really? Landon's undefeated."
"Damn," Jack stated, watching as Alex and Rian downed drinks. "Now Alex has to get body shots taken off of him."
"From who?"
Jack didn't reply, only looking over at the four of them. Rian had just cleared off the table and Alex was positioning himself on the surface. I watched as Landon jumped up on the table, now standing over Alex.
Is this some joke?
Zack lifted Alex's shirt and start to pour the drink in his navel. Landon pushed down Alex's legs, straddling his waist, and arranging herself on top of him. People were cat calling, watching Alex look completely flustered as Landon bit her lip in a suddictive way. I looked up at Jack, decided that now was the best time for the kiss. I stood on the tips of my toes, considering how tall Jack was. I proped on hand on his shoulder while the other guided his lips to mine. The kiss was far from innoscent. My lips attacked his and his attacked mine right back. His lanky arms snaked around my body, holding me up so I could put more effort into the kiss. Entanling my fingers into his hair, I got a grunt from Jack. I knew that he was enjoying the kiss. I mean, I guess I was to, but we were under the influence. It was definitely the mixed drinks talking.
I broke away from Jack and smiled at him.
"And that is how you do that. Go on your own way and find some slut to fuck senseless." I encouraged as Jack stared at me wideeyed. He opened his mouth to say something, but I cut him off. "Just go get some more beer and talk to that red head who has been staring at you since she got here."
Jack slowly nodded and walked away with a goofy smile on his face.
I turned back around to look at the beer pong table, seeing only Zack standing there now. Oh well...time to make a new friend.
"Zack! hey!" I stated, taking another beer and looking at him. "Why the long face?"
"Landon just totally tried hitting on me."
"That's Landon for you," I joked lightly. "Come on, have a drink with me."
He chuckled.
"Sounds great." He stated, picking up a full beer before cracking it open. "Let's party."
I giggled.
"Let's party." I agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter already.... comment? :)

- Rae <3