Sequel: Stupid and Fearless
Status: Finished

Resistance Is Useless

Rain

CARSON
I liked chill night. All of us just sat around and ate pizza until we couldn’t eat anymore. The guys told tour stories, never getting bored with it. I had a huge smile that never left my face, and neither did Landon. We both were happy that Jack and Alex returned. It was getting harder around the house without them considering that Peter and our mom had been having some parental issues lately. They can’t seem to agree on anything anymore, which I find both amusing and up-setting. At least when Alex is in the house, they attempt to stay nicer and civil toward each other. According to my mom, they’ve been having a problem way before Landon and I came along.
“What are you thinking about over there, missy?” Jack asked me softly.
I snapped out of my daze, and looked back up at Jack.
“Huh?”
“Carson, are you okay?”
“I’m fine, Jacky,” I lied smoothly. “I’m just...happy that you’re here,”
“I’m happy that I’m here too.” He smiled and pressed his lips to my forehead. “Do you want to go for a walk?”
“In the rain?”
“Yeah,” He laughed. “Why not?”
I thought about it for a moment and scanned the room. Rian, Kara, Kendra, and Matt left a while ago. Zack was crashed on a chair near Alex’s feet while Landon and Alex were cuddled up and sleeping.
“Sure,” I agreed to his request.
Jack stood up first, and held out his hand to me, which I gladly took. As soon as we reached the door, I grabbed my rain boots and slipped them back on. I grabbed my umbrella from earlier, and buttoned up my jacket. Jack waited patiently for me, and eagerly gripped my hand. We slipped out of the house, and onto the porch. He pulled the umbrella from my hands and pushed it open. Jack held it over both of our heads while we stepped into the rain.
“I missed you, Nascar,” Jack replied with a goofy grin on his face. His free arm wrapped limply around my shoulders while my own arm wrapped around his waist.
“I missed you too, Jacky.” I laughed. “What’s with the random rain walk?”
“I don’t know, honestly.” He admitted. “I just felt like I needed to breathe.”
“Been sitting down too long?” I joked.
Jack rolled his eyes.
“No,” He replied playfully. “I wanted to spend some quiet time with you,”
“Awe, that’s sweet,” I laughed. “What about your family?”
“I haven’t seen them yet,”
“Jack!” I scolded. “Why haven’t you went to see your mother yet,”
Jack smiled like a little kid getting caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar.
“I wanted to see you first?”
I crossed my arms across my chest.
“Jack Bassam Barakat, you need to go see your mother.”
“Can’t you just let me make a decision for once, Cars?” He asked me. My jaw dropped as I looked at him. Jack never spoke to me like that. “Stop being so controlling.”
“I...uh...okay.” I nodded my head.
Jack nodded in return. He geared the way that we walked.
In silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize it for being sooooo short.
The next chapter will be short too.

I APOLOGIZE!

Check out Listen To The Thunder :)

♥ Rae