Sequel: Stupid and Fearless
Status: Finished

Resistance Is Useless

Coming Out

LANDON

“Well aren’t you classy?” I joked lightly as I bumped my boyfriend’s hip with my own. “Taking me to a party only to take me right up to the bedroom...you know that we could’ve stayed home for this,” I winked jokingly.
“It’s good to get out and see people,” Alex laughed before he shut the door behind us. “I just wanted to spend some alone time together.”
“Honey, that’s sweet and all but a party isn’t exactly where I want to spend alone time with you at,”
“I just...I thought that I wanted to go to this party, but I’m not really in the mood.” Alex admitted with a shrug.
“Since when aren’t you in the mood to party?” I joked playfully.
“Since I have the bestest girlfriend ever,”
I nudged his shoulder, making him fall back on the bed with a chuckle.
“Good lord...you’re stupid.” I laughed as I laid down beside him. “You’ve got drinks and me, now what?”
“I have no idea.” Alex laughed. He started drinking from his bottle of beer. I shook my head before I grabbed my own. “Hey, wanna make out?”
“Sure,” I shrugged my shoulders. Alex leaned in slowly before pressing his lips slowly to mine. Our lips moved slowly before I finally pulled away from him. “This isn’t romantic.”
Alex groaned, allowing his head to rest against mine.
“I don’t know what’s wrong with me,” He mostly whispered to himself.
“Lex, what’s going on?” I almost laughed.
“I have to tell you something, Landon,”
“You didn’t cheat on me, right?” I asked, jumping to conclusions.
“Oh, God no...are you crazy?” He nearly laughed. “There’s just a few things that I think I should tell you. We’ve been together for four months or so. I just wanted to sit down and I don’t know...talk.”
“Oh...” I trailed off with a huge sigh.
“Yeah...I re-.”
“Alex, Landon!” Kara busted into the room. “You’re going to have to separate Jack and Carson...like now!”
I furrowed my brows while Alex laughed.
“Them making out in front of everyone isn’t a problem, Kara. That would be us that people would be worried about,” He replied.
My mind instantly went back to the look on Carson’s face when her and Jack came down the stairs. I just knew that something was up. It’s just so...unlike them. Something was definitely going on.
“No, no, no, Alex. I don’t think you understand!” Kara argued.
I stood up and pushed past the smaller girl with an apologetic smile. She nodded gratefully. She knew that I understood what she was trying to say, unlike Alex. She wouldn’t have cared if I rammed her into a wall, just as long as I tried to get them away from each other.
“Wait, Landon...” Alex called, coming down the stairs behind me with Kara in tow. “I really, really need to tell you this...”
“Alex, it can fucking wait. Something is just wrong.”
“How do you know?” He furrowed his brows.
“Well if it wasn’t obvious by Kara barging into the room, I can feel something. It’s in my gut. I just know that something is wrong. Stop asking questions, and follow me,” I instructed, continuing down the stairs. I heard shouting coming faintly from the living room. “Alex, come on,” I pulled my boyfriend’s hand, not caring that people saw our contact. I just needed to get to Carson. Something was wrong. Then I heard it.
“Because I’m not good enough for you,” Jack yelled. He looked so pissed. I’ve never seen him look like that before. “I will never be good enough for you! I’m just a fucking guitarist that didn’t go to college, and that’s in some punk band. I have tight jeans and dyed hair! I’m bisexual, and rude. I’m a guy that’s definitely not good enough for the fucking President’s daughter, okay? You’re friends and father will never approve of me, Carson! This just isn’t going to work out between us,”
I noticed that Carson was crying. She looked so heartbroken. She stood with messy clothing and hair. I could tell something just went down before this.
“Then why in the hell did you try so hard in the first place?” She basically whispered. Jack’s glare softened as he stepped forward to wipe her tears. Why was he hurting her like this if it was clear that he still cares for her? Carson slapped his hand away, making in groan. “I love you, Jack. You fucking idiot. I don’t give a damn about what they would think about you,”
“You say that now, but I know you, Carson. You will always care about what other people think about you! You’re a spoiled brat that always gets what she wants,” Jack grew madder.
“It’s better than being a liar and a cheater. At least I have enough respect for people not to lie in their fucking faces.” Carson replied coldly. I felt my jaw drop when I heard her say that. Jack cheated? Sweet, almost innocent Jack Barakat cheated on Carson? What the fuck?
“Don’t play that game with me,”
“Why not? You seem to be playing the same thing with me. You’re pathetic, Jack.” Carson snapped back
“I just wanted to get into your pants, Carson. Don’t flatter yourself.” He said before he turned around. Seconds later, Jack was lost in the crowd of watching people.
As Carson’s tears started to flow even more, I wrapped my twin up in my arms. I hated to see her hurt. It physically hurt me. We’re literally one in the same. We’ve been inseparable since birth. It’s hard to see something that close to me be hurt so badly.
“Sh...” I cooed, trying to calm her down.
Alex lifted the keys for me to take.
“Take her to the car, I’ll be right there.” He stated. I watched as he disappeared the way that Jack had left. Together, Carson and I walked back to the car and slid into the back.
“I-I’m sorry for the buzz kill,” Carson sobbed into my shoulder as my arms tightened around her.
“You’re more important, Carson,” I replied.
Truth is that Carson is more important that ruing some stupid party, that I didn’t entirely want to go to anyway. All she did was have a huge and public break-up with her boyfriend. She accidently ruined a moment between Alex and I that is undeniably worse. Alex was about to share something with me about himself. It was something that I didn’t know, and that scared the shit out of me. I don’t know what happened with his past. Like I said before, Carson and I have never really been fond of Alex and his dad in the first place. Though, I admire most things about Peter, marrying my mom isn’t one of those things, and I do love Alex with everything. I still knew nothing about them. Well, I know more about Alex than I did before, but most of his past remains a sweet mystery to me, a mystery that was so clearly waiting to be solved. Whatever Alex was planning on telling me, could’ve been a good clue to helping me solve the mystery.
“Are you okay, Carson? Never mind, of course you aren’t. I can’t believe he said that to you,” Alex said outloud after he got into the driver’s seat.
“Me either,” Carson whispered. She sounded so broken, and tired.
Alex soon pulled into the garage, and I slowly helped Carson out of the car. Her mascara was running down her cheeks, but she didn’t care. At the moment, I didn’t either. We tried to sneak in, but our efforts were in vain. Peter and my mom were yelling at each other like no tomorrow.
“You’re worried about the girls when you have a rock star son out on the road months out of the year?!”
“Don’t you dare drag my son into this! He didn’t get expelled from school for punching someone in the face!”
“Landon did it because she was getting insulted!”
“Alex gets called names all of the time, and you don’t see him fighting!”
I flinched at their voices and Carson looked as if she didn’t hear what was going on. She just knew that they were fighting.
“If you even know your son in the least bit, you would know that he’s not happy!”
“My son?! What about your girls! They’re so selfish that it isn’t even funny!”
“They may be selfish the slightest bit, but they aren’t pretending to be something they aren’t!” She yelled.
I looked at Alex, who was growing even angrier by the minute.
“What does that mean? Alex is just fine!”
I took Carson on up the stairs while they were still yelling.
“Jack is so going to get it,” I whispered as she continued to cry, and the fighting kept going on.
“No he isn’t, Peter! He’s happier, I’ll give you that, but he’s still that sad boy!”
“Would you two just shut up?!” Alex yelled over then. “Why are you even fighting over Landon and I?”
“It’s nothing, Alexander,” Peter replied.
“Like hell it isn’t!” Alex snapped back with acid in his voice.
The floors and walls in this house aren’t very thick at all. So while Carson silently sobbed on my shoulder, I heard their argument.
“See this is what I mean! Alex never used to talk back like this before your girls came into this house. I regret even letting them step foot over the threshold!”
“Dad, seriously, stop it!” Alex yelled back. “Pam is right. I am happier. I’m actually fucking happy when I wake up. Even since Tom...dad things have been better for me! I can be myself again!”
“You were fine when you and Jack were inseparable for a year, and when you got back from tour and the girls moved in, something clearly happened. Landon is trouble.”
I laughed to myself. I could basically see Alex getting madder. I could hear his thoughts scream ‘You have no idea how much trouble Landon is’.
“Jack and I were inseparable because we were dating, dad!” Alex yelled.
All went quiet. I squirmed a little bit, stirring my now sleeping sister. She basically passed out the second her head hit the pillow.
“You...wait...what?” Peter’s British accent floated through the halls of the house. The tension was so strong, I could feel it from up here.
“I like guys too, Dad.” Alex finally admitted.
I never thought him coming out of the closet, so to speak, would start off like that. I’m sure Alex didn’t either.
“You and Jack....together?” My mom asked, obviously to the boys’ previous activities.
“We were dating for a year, but we finally broke up over tour. I didn’t tell you because I knew that you would freak out. Jack and I are better off as friends, but that doesn’t mean that the attraction still stopped. Yes, I find guys attractive. Yes, I find girls attractive. I’m bisexual. So what? I’m still me. I’m still Alex. I happen to find a particular girl very attractive and more than a lust kind of way. I actually care what she thinks,” He said smoothly. It was the first non-shouting sentence that he spoke since we got here.
“What about Lisa?” Peter asked him slowly.
“She caused my relationship problems with Jack in the first place.” He sounded aggravated. “Jack and I didn’t work out, and I’m okay with that.”
“But wait...you just were talking about a girl,” Peter nearly interrupted.
“I’ll tell you about her later, but please leave me and Landon out of your arguments. Obviously there is a whole lot more wrong with your relationship than us.” He said before I heard his heavy footsteps coming up the stairs.
This is something I’m definitely talking to him about later.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is sooooo freaking intense!

Three comments and I'll upload super duper fast!
^ just to motivate you guys...

xoxo Rae Wakefield.