Sequel: Stupid and Fearless
Status: Finished

Resistance Is Useless

Moment In the Pool

Landon

"Landon get the fuck off of me,"
I groaned and opened my eyes to see that I was, in fact, on Alex. I was sleeping on his back amungst the floor and dozens of other teens. I stood up, and stratched my head. It hurt from all of the drinking. Yeah, I should know by now when to stop. Key word: should. I still haven't learned my lesson with drinking, and by the looks of it, I never will.
"Get out of the damn floor, Gaskarth." I sneered at my step-brother. "Why were we in the floor anyway?"
"Don't ask me. I don't remember a damn thing from last night."
"That makes two of us."
"We should probably get all of these people out of here."
"Probably. Do you know what time my mom and Peter get back?"
"You might should have thought about that before the party." Someone said.
We both turned around to see my mom and Peter standing there.
"Oh..."
"Shit." I finished for Alex.
"We're going to the market for a few hours. Have the house spotless and everyone out by the time we get back." Peter said to the two of us.
"Oh and get Zack and Carson from our bedroom. We want that scrubbed."
Slight anger flashed through me.
Zack would sleep with Carson but not me?
"Fine." I snapped. My mom kissed my forehead before her and her husband disappeared out of the door again.
"Ohhh do I suspect jealously?" Alex joked.
"Shut the fuck up." I snarled at Alex. "I am not jealous."
"But you areeeee mad." He sang.
I rolled my eyes.
"Oh well...that's one less guy as a mindless fuck." I shrugged.
"Is that really all you care about?" Alex scoffed.
"No..." I trailed off. "I just like having a good time."
"I've noticed."
"Whatever. Let's just go wake up Carson and Zack."
"Okay." Alex agreed. We both moved awkwardly toward the bedroom before knocking on the door. Alex opened it without warning and started to shout. "Get the fuck up you lazy basterds!"
"Alex..fucking A..." Zack grumbled, moving closer to Carson's topless figure.
"Carson! Get your lazy ass up!" I shouted.
My sister groaned and rolled over, finally sitting up. After a short search for her tank top, she found it and walked out of the room. Zack, however took longer. When he was finally done, he pushed past both Alex and myself, mumbling about being woken up to early.
"I'll get everyone else out. You go find Jack,"
"Why can't you go find him? He is your ex-boyfriend."
"Exactly why I'm not going to go do it. We were together for a while and the break-up was hard, but we're actually trying to be friends again. I don't want to go look for him after a huge party. I know what the guy is like,"
"Fine." I finally agreed, walking toward the stairs. "I'm going to search all of the bedrooms."
"Whatever."
"Dick." I mumbled and started to climb the stairs.
"I heard that!" Alex called back.
I rolled my eyes.
"Figures," I retorted before beginning my search for Jack. It took me half an hour but I finally found him crashed on the guest room's bed. He was half naked, clad in his boxers. I shook the tall guy roughly before he finally woke up.
"Whoa. Morning." he stated, strecthing.
"Thank God. I've been looking for you for forever."
"Well here I am."
I rolled my eyes.
"No shit. Come on, we have to clean up downstairs before my mom and Peter get home."
"Shit." he mumbled before finding his pants and tossing them on. "We have to hurry."
"Very good Jack..."
"Bitch," He mumbled, walking past me and down the stairs.
I just smirked and shook my head. I walked down the stairs after Jack and into the living room.
"I found him!"
"Great!" Alex faked excitement. "Now let's get to work."
"Sorry to leave, but I have to go." Zack stated. "My mom's been calling and shit..."
"Whatever man." Alex rolled his eyes.
"Yeah, I have to run too." Rian added, leaving right behind Zack.
"Pussy's." I mumbled taking a broom. "Did you manage to get everyone out."
"Every last one of them."
"That's good." I nodded, finally looking at Carson. "How are you feeling?"
"Terrible." She sighed heavily. "Zack and I didn't have sex, for your information. Just made out and passed out."
I only nodded my head as Jack took a palce beside her.
"Hey, Carson want to go get some coffee?"
"Whatever." She shrugged.
"Great, come on," Jack linked arms with her and drug her off in the direction of the door.
"Oh and can you two not do body shots on each other anymore?" Carson asked, turning toward Alex and I.
"Yeah, man. That's fucking weird." Jack added. "Alex, you were practically hard before Landon even took her shot. She was grinding and everything. Gross." He shuttered before they both were out of the door.
What in the hell did they mean?
I turned to look at Alex, who had the same expression on his face. Our eyes were wide and mouths hung slightly open.
"I took a body shot off of you?" I asked slowly.
"Apparently you did and apparently I liked it."
"It was the beer talking." I defended myself quickly.
Alex nodded his head in agreement.
"Being turned on by you? Psh...ridiculious."
We both awkwardly laughed.
"Totally...weird...and ridiculious." I agreed awkwardly. "Like I'd enjoy...that."
"Yeah." Alex stated, rubbing the back of his neck. "We were just...trashed."
"Out of our minds..." I agreed. "Do you...think it went further?"
Alex's eyes grew even wider.
"What?!"
"You know....do you think we did anything stupid?"
Alex bit his lip.
"I don't know? I mean, I don't think that we did. Do you?"
"Um...no. Of course not." I shuffled my feet. "You're my brother...that would be awkward."
"Step-brother." He corrected. "But yeah, it would be totally weird."
"Yeah...." I agreed. "Let's finish cleaning up. I want to go swimming."
"Okay..." Alex trailed off.
The entire time we cleaned, we refused to make eye contact. It was weird and slightly awkward to even think about what might have happened if we did something else...especially together. Not only do I barely know the guy, but it's my mom's husband's son. It's Alex. It's weird, awkward, band member Alex. The same kid I slapped at 14. He's my step-brother. Nothing more or nothing less. He's just a guy...who happens to sleep in the room next to mine. I shook my head, attempting to get all thougths of Alex out of my head. It was ridiculous that I was even thinking about this in the first place.
"I'm done." I stated after picking up my designed area's. "How is your area coming along?" I asked while I walked into the living room, but no sight of Alex. "Alex? Where are you?"
"My room!" He yelled.
I rolled my eyes and walked toward the stairs, taking them as slowly as possible before I walked to his open door.
"What are you doing?" I asked as he finished tying a pair of swimmng trunks.
"I want to go swimming." He shrugged before grabbing a towel off of his bed. "I finished cleaning ten minutes ago."
"Oh..." I replied. "I'm coming to. Just let me get changed."
"Whatever." He replied, walking past me and down the stairs.
"Whatever." I mocked, and walked back into my room, searching threw my stuff for my bathing suite. I found my aqua colored bikini, that I've never worn before, and quickly changed into it. Deciding that my belly ring didn't match my suite, I changed it to my playboy bunny one. The jem matched the bikini perfectly. As I pulled my hair into a low pony tail, I walked out of the room. I couldn't find a towel, so I simply walked down stairs and outside. Alex was already in the pool, swimming laps and such. I need to soak up some sun, so I laid out on one of the pool's chairs.
"You know that you're going to get sun cancer if you spend anymore time out in the sun."
I lifted my hand and flipped off the annoying guy.
"When are you moving out again."
"I don't know. Maybe neverrrrr." I could hear the smirk in his voice.
"You're nearly 19 for fuckssake. Grow up a little bit."
"I could say the same thing to you, Princess."
"Mmhmm...sure." I replied, keeping my eyes closed.
Finally, peace and quiet.
Yeah, right.
"Landon?" Alex cooed.
I opened my eyes when the sun left.
"What?!" I snapped, looking up at my evil step-brother.
"I'm going to toss you into the water myself if you don't get in."
"Good luck with that." I scoffed before closing my eyes again.
"Looks like it's the hard way."
What?
Then I felt it. Two arms, scooping me up. My eyes flew open just in enough time for me to see that he was about to jump into the pool. As soon as Alex leaped, I closed my eyes and held my breath. The water was icy...I hated cold water. I resurfaced right after Alex.
"That was a dick head move."
"Whatever. You're being prissy."
"Maybe because I am?!" I snapped at him. "What in the hell compelled you to do such a thing?"
"Well you looked like you were getting a little hot. I thought that I would cool you down." He smirked.
"Prick." I muttered, tryin to shove him backwards.
"Now it's on," He chuckled, swimming closer to me. I started to back up slowly.
"What's on?"
"A tickle war!" He shouted, moving closer, so I kept backing up. We were in deep water, and I'm not the most confident swimmer. I swam until my back hit the edge of the concrete pool. Alex's smirk grew as he swam closer. Finally, he trapped me, a hand on each side.
"Please?"
"Oh on. You definitely diserve a tickleing."
"No, I don't." I stated stubbornly.
"I think that you do." He muttered, but stopping when he realized just how close we were. Our chest were pushed up together, our legs slightly entangled, and his hands on either side of my face. I bit my lip nervously, moving my hands until they were on his waist, slowly moving up his torso. Alex laughed quietly before resting his head against mine. Our noses brushed and our lips almost touching. I was convienced we were about to kiss. And the scariest part? I wanted Alex to kiss me.
"We're back!" Jack's voice rang out toward the back yard.
Our eyes grew wide and I rushed to put my hands to push Alex back as soon as Jack came into my view. I started to splash.
"Fucking douche," I muttered, glaring at Alex, but intending my words toward Jack. "He tossed me into the water." I pouted as soon as Carson came into view. I turned around, lifting myself from the water, and stealing Alex's towel.
"Hey! That's my towel."
"That's what you get for tossing me into cold water!" I yelled behind me, walking back into the house. I hurried toward my room, not caring to shut the door behind me. I shuttered, but I was sure it wasn't from the cold. It was definitely from Alex. I shook my head, and quickly changed into some old lounge shorts and t-shirt before walking back downstairs. I tossed the towel to Alex, who gladly took it and walked up the stairs to his room.
"You guys finished fast." Carson took note in the houses condiction.
"Yupp. We split the work and finished faster."
"That's good, because Peter and Pamula are pulling up now."
I turned my head to see right outside of the window that they were in fact pulling into the driveway.
"I feel better." Alex stated, hopping down the stairs in a pair of gym shorts and a v-neck. "Thanks for the coffee, Jackie."
"You're welcome, Lex." Jack nodded to his ex and his best friend. "I better get going. I don't want to be around when they yell."
"Thanks man."
"No problem," Jack laughed. "Bye, Carson."
She pulled her lips into a tight line and waved awkwardly before Jack left, passing the parents on the way.
"I'm going upstairs." Carson whispered, dodging the bullet and racing up to her new room.
Lucky bitch.
"You two...living room." my mom stated, pointing toward the living room.
"Now!" Peter added.
Alex and I scrambled to get to the couch fast enough. We sat down, three feet apart, and watched as our parents paced back and forth.
"I'm so disappointed in you two." My mom started. "Landon it was your first night in Baltimore, and you throw a party."
"The party was my fault, Pam." Alex defended. "I bought up the idea."
"But I suggested that we had it last night." I quickly added. "It was both of us." I stole a glance at an amused looking Alex.
"We didn't mean for that many people to come in the first place."
"We're truely sorry,"
"What are we going to do with you two?" Peter asked us.
"Both of you are grounded for a week."
"But mom!" I protested.
"A week and a half." She added. "Landon, don't push my buttons. I am not your father. You will not get by with this, young lady."
I sat back, understanding what she was saying and accepting my punishment.
"Now go to your rooms."
"Okay." Alex and I replied at the same time. He climbed the stairs after me, and I went straight to my room. I sat down, picking up my tv remote and started to flip though the chanels. Not a moment later there was a knock at my door. I rolled my eyes, not answering, and then the door opened and closed. I looked away from the tv, seeing Alex standing next to my door.
"Hi?"
"I think that we need to talk..."
"About?"
"What else do you think, Landon?" he scoffed. "It's certianly not girl scout cookies."
"So talk." I stated, tossing my remote to the side.
"I'm sorry about that. I don't know what I was thinking."
"We're hungover. That has to have something to do with it, right?"
"Totally." Alex nodded. "Great. Awesome talk," He stood up quickly and walked out of my room.
That was odd.
Even for Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bow chicha wow woww! ;D

Landon and Alex? I ♥ it!

Comment please!!! :D

- Rae <3