Sequel: Stupid and Fearless
Status: Finished

Resistance Is Useless

Starbucks

Carson
"Did you see the look on their faces?!" I giggled as Jack drove to Starbucks.
"Yeah, that was pretty priceless." Jack chuckled. "They didn't do anything serious, but the body shots were obviously pushing it."
"Clearly," I rolled my eyes. "Do you think that it was right to leave them alone like that? What if...."
"That's true." Jack nodded, pulling into the parking lot. "Alex is a lot of things, but he isn't blind. He knows when a girl is fuckable. Landon is definitely under that catagory."
I looked over his facial features and saw that he made a slight face.
"Jack...do you still have feelings for Alex?"
He sighed.
"I'll always love the kid, cause he's been my best friend first. He was a great boyfriend. He had a wondering eye a lot of the time which caused us to fight, but besides that, he was great. We've just known each other for way to long. Our relationship was dead toward the end. Everyone knew it."
"Everyone?"
"Yupp. We all saw it coming. It was just a matter of days before we exploaded."
"How long were you guys together?"
"Most of Senior year." Jack openly admitted. "I loved the guy, but we're just not good for each other. I fell out of love with him, and he fell in lust with this girl named Lisa. They fucked a couple of times, and that just was the last straw. I knew that I didn't love him anymore when I found myself not caring what he did. I still cried, because who wouldn't? It hurts to be dumped by your first boyfriend,"
"That's very true, Jack." I nodded my head in agreement. "Do you want to go inside to talk about it?"
"Sure," He chuckled turning off the car. Both of us stepped out of the car. We took a small corner booth and sat opposite of one another.
"Do you still want to be with Alex?"
Jack laughed.
"No. Never going down that road again."
"You seem certian."
"Trust me, I totally am."
"That's good, Jack." I encouraged. "Did you hook up with that chick from last night."
"No." He shook his head and laughed. "She was scary."
"Cause girls are totally scary." I rolled my eyes.
"Some of them are!" Jack defended himself poorly. "What about you? Any hook-ups?"
"No..."
"Carson." He wiggled his eyebrows. "You made out with me. The least you can do is tell me the truth."
I shook my head, ignoring Jack.
"I need coffee." I stood up and went over to the counter. I quickly ordered a vanilla iced coffee, patiently waiting for it after I paid. I saw Jack watching me carefully as I waited. To say that it was creepy was beyond words. Jack is strange. I haven't really decided if it was a good or bad thing yet. I was slightly distracted, but after I got my coffee, I begun to chug it to at least keep Jack silent.
"Okay, you obviously do not want to answer my question." He sighed. "We should make out again."
"You're the last person I would kiss on this earth." I retorted.
"But you did last night," He winked at me.
"I was drunk."
"You could think straight."
"Clearly I couldn't."
Jack sighed heavily.
"Would you just tell me who else you kissed?"
"Why in the fuck do you care?"
"Because your hot."
I scoffed.
"Great reason, Jack. Really."
"I thought so to,"
"Fine. I made out with Zack. There. Are you happy?"
Jack's smile faded, and his lips pressed into a tight line.
"Estatic."
"Sarcastic remarks will get you no where." I retored. "I'm going to the car. Get you and Alex a coffee if you want to. Or whatever." I stated, moving from the booth. I just passed Jack's side when his hands gripped my wrist, pulling me back until his lips were attatched to mine. The kiss was short and sweet.
"Better than Zack's?"
I fluttered my eyes open, looking up at the smirking boy.
"Not even close." I whispered, turing around and heading out of Starbucks while Jack was left to get coffee's.
Call it a bitch move, cause sure...it was. I don't want Jack getting the wrong idea here. I do not want to date him. I do not want to sleep with him. Hell, I don't even want to be his friend. I didn't want to be friends with any of these people. I just wanted to go home, to DC. That's where I belong. I do not belong here in Baltimore, Maryland of all places. I want my private school back and my friends. This is stupid. The car ride with Jack back was silent. I knew that I hurt him, and sure, it hurt. But basically, I didn't care. As soon as the car was turned back off, I got out and rushed inside. I expected to see stuff everywhere, but I couldn't see anything. Everything was picked up.
"Whoa," Jack gasped, coming in behind me.
"They really fucking did it." I mummered, looking around the nearly spotless house. "Do you know where they are?"
"The pool possibly?" Jack questioned. "Be right back." He announced, moving out of the back door, and walking back in.
I furrowed my brows at the look that Jack gave me.
"Here's your coffee." Jack stated, handing Alex over the beverage while Landon changed upstairs. She came down quickly, tossing the towel to Alex before he ran up stairs after her.
"You guys finished fast," I stated.
"Yupp. We split the work and finished faster." Landon explained, sounding slightly nervous."
"That's good, because Peter and Pamula are pulling up now." Jack chuckled as he pointed it out. I looked outside of the window and he was right. They just pulled in.l
"I feel better." Alex stated, hopping down the stairs in a pair of gym shorts and a v-neck. "Thanks for the coffee, Jackie."
"You're welcome, Lex." He nodded to his best friend. "I better get going. I don't want to be around when they yell."
Jack was leaving already? Weird.
"Thanks man."
"No problem," Jack laughed. "Bye, Carson."
My lips formed a tight line as I awkwardly waved at him. As soon as he was out of the house. I stood there, thinking about my weird actions, but I just needed a nap.
"I'm going upstairs." I whispered before I turned toward the stairs, and I started climbing them. I made it to my new room, and fell down on the bed. It was made up and really warm. I crawled under the covers and fell asleep. I honestly needed a nap. Today has been completely weird.

<3

"Carson, honey, wake up,"
"Five more minutes."
"No, Carson. Get up," My mom's voice came.
"NO!" I yelled back, snuggling further into my pillow.
"We're going shopping."
My head shot up.
"No lie?"
She giggled.
"No lie. Now come on and get up. I'm taking you to buy whatever you want."
"Reallyyyyy?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her.
"Relax, you're dad's paying."
"Great!" I yelled, jetting up out of bed. "What time do we leave?"
"Well here in five minutes. It's nearly noon."
"Dammit mom." I groaned. I've been up since seven this morning."
"I know, but it's time to rise and shine."
"What about Landon?"
"She's being punished with shopping."
"How in the world could someone be punished by shopping??? That's a crime."
"Not when Landon is shopping with Alex and vice versa."
"Mom!" I gasped. "They are going to be extremely pissed off."
"I know." She wiggled her eyebrows and giggled.
"You're so freaking weird."
"Don't I know that." She rolled her eyes. "Now go get dressed. I'm ready to shop."
"I'll probably max out his card....since he cut us off."
"Correction, since he cut Landon off. You're father sent over this while you were napping."

I furrowed my brows but then I saw the gold credit card. The no limit card.
"Thank you daddy,"
Boy was I excited.
"And one more thing, Carson?"
"Yeah, mom?"
"Jack's coming to."
"Greattttt." I lied.
Not.
♠ ♠ ♠
slightly shorter....I apologize. :)

Comment and suscribe! :D \

- Rae <3