Sequel: Stupid and Fearless
Status: Finished

Resistance Is Useless

Live A Little

Landon

"Why do I have to go shopping with you?!" I spat at Alex.
He huffed and rolled his eyes.
"I could ask you the same thing, Princess,"
"My mom is killing me here." I whinned as Alex drove his car, a very nice one at that, toward the mall.
"Yeah, you aren't the one listening to your whining."
"And you aren't the one riding in the car with a dick head."
"Shut it before we crash!" He warned.
"HA! At least I would be put out of my misery!" Alex smirked and let go of the wheel. My eyes grew wide. "Alex! Take the fucking wheel!"
"No."
"Take the wheel!"
"No."
"Dammit, Alex!" I seethed, un buckling my seatbelt and scooting as close as I could to stir us in the right direction. "I'm pretty sure that this is illegal."
"Live a little,"
"What are you? Five? I live plenty."
"Sure. Says the President's daughter." He laughed roughly, still allowing me to drive.
I bit my lip, looking straight at the rode.
"When are you going to take the wheel back?"
"When I feel like it."
"We'll see about that." I mumbled, moving so that I was sitting on his lap and driving. "You goin to start driving now?"
"Yupp," He nodded, moving his hands from behind his head to my waist. I felt my eyes grow a little wide as they traveled up my sides and over my shoulders, down my arms until his hands were sitting ontop of mine.
"Now I can't move," I stated, trying my best to sound annoyed, but it just came out sounding completely nervous.
"Good," He hummed in my ear.
Chills went up and down my spine.
"Alex, we could get into trouble,"
I wasn't talking about the driving anymore.
"So? Like I said before..." He trailed off, and then I felt his lips right next to my ear. "live a little," I shifted my body slightly, trying to get rid of the chills. "Not that!"
"Not what...?" I asked slowly, moving my hips.
"That! Don't do that,"
"Ohhhhhh." I said, realizing what he was saying. I bit my lip, and then they grew into a smirk. "Can you turn on the radio?" I asked.
"Um...sure?" He replied, taking one hand off of mine to turn it to some radio station. Some kind of rap song came on. It was perfect! "Turn right right up here. It's a short cut."
"Perfect." I smiled, before he turned on the signal for me. I made the turn, with Alex's hands still on the wheel. "I love this song!"
I started to wiggle my hips a little bit. I heard a small grunt from Alex, and my smirk grew. I grinding my hips into his laugh, feeling what I knew would be the outcome of all this.
"Fucking...Landon." Alex sounded a little irratated.
"Yeah?" I asked, playing innoscent.
"Stop doing that...."
"Oh, Alex don't worry about me noticing your boner. I can already feel it." I shrugged my shoulders. "Where to, Mr. Boner?"
"Take a left," He instructed as we took a left and landed in a huge parking lot. It wasn't too packed, but it wasn't empty. I found a parking space, paking the car with Alex. He turned off the car and dropped his arms from mine. I quickly slipped off of his lap and back into my own seat before opening the door. "What am I suppose to do now?" He asked, referring to little Gaskarth.
"I'm sure you'll think of something, Lex." I joked with the singer.
"You're a cruel bitch." He glared painfully at me.
"Nahh...." I trailed off. "That was me living a little." I playfully winked and shut the door. I was laughing when I walked toward the entrance of the mall, and finding a directory. I've never been in a shopping mall before. All of the other times I've been in exclusive designer's stores with clothing specially made for Carson and myself. This was all knew to me.
"Watch it!" Someone called, because I had stopped.
"Dick!" I called back. "Oh look what we have here," I smirked, finding Alex's credit card, I just might have pickpocketed from him earlier when were walking out of the gas station with our soda's and the gas for his car. I smiled, happy that one of my skills came in handy and I walked around aimlessly. I found the food court, buying a Vanilla milkshake and then going to whereever my feet carried me. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I quickly got it out to see that Alex was calling. Despite the fact that I've been kicked out, my dad still paid for my phone. Weird, but he did. I think it's for just in case he really misses me. Like that's ever going to happen.
I pressed the answer button, and waited for him to talk.
"Landon, where the fuck are you?"
I chewed on my straw.
"Hello to you too, Alex."
"Seriously, where are you? My dad and Pam will kill me if I loose you in a fucking mall."
"Chill your fins, Mr. Grumpy Gills." I rolled my eyes. "I just left the food court and I'm heading to a nice store called..." I looked up for any random type of store. "Delia's,"
"Perfect."
"Where in the hell are you, Mr. Happy?"
"Can we stop with these stupid nick-names?!"
"Whateverrrrr. Where are you?"
"I'm right...."
"Alex?" I questioned, looking at my phone.
The douche hung up on me.
"Here." I was pulled back and pinned to something. I quickly noticed it to be the wall. "That was rude what you did to me back there."
"It's rude to take your hands off the wheel and refuse to put them back on."
One of Alex's hand's left the wall, and gently tucked my bangs back to their original place. I bit my lip again, moving my hands to the belt loops of his skinny jeans, and bringing him closer until our bodies were pressed together.
"It was rude to not wait on me," He replied in a soft, deep voice.
His hand moved from my cheek to the back of my neck.
"It was rude to push me into a wall."
"Oh yeah?" He smirked, leaning in closer to me.
"Yeah,"
"What are you going to do about it?"
"I just might have to..." I trailed off, releasing his belt loops and trailing my hands ever so slowly up his torso until they were wrapped around his neck. "Do...something..."
Alex chuckled, already leaning in closer.
"NO PDA!" Someone yelled.
This time I didn't have to push him away, Alex jumped ten feet back, and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, looking at the security guard that had yelled at us. The security guard came closer to Alex, and I quietly slipped away, moving into store right across from Delias called Hot Topic. I found a few necklaces that I wanted a skirt that was to adorable to pass up. I got to the cashier and paid, with Alex's credit card, and then I walked out. The security guard was no longer there, leaving a shaken up and confused Alex standing there. I waved to him and nodded toward another store on down the way called Pac Sun.
As I walked, I thought about this pattern that keeps poping up between Alex and myself. We're seriously flirting with danger here. That makes twice in the past few hours that we've came seconds away from kissing. Neither times did we try to stop each other. In fact, we encouraged it. It was odd. It was strange. It is wrong. But it feels so fucking right. I have yet to kiss this boy and yet I'm getting chills up and down my spine before of one stupid thing he does. It's not fair.
"There you are!" He stated, his steps finally falling in sync with mine.
"Here I am!" I mocked.
"Seriously, why did you leave like that and where did you go?"
"I left because I've already been in too much shit lately. A mall cop is not going to let it got that easily. And two, I went into Hot Trend?"
Alex chuckled.
"Hot Topic. What did you get?"
"Jewelry and a shirt."
"It better not be short."
I turned and looked at him. I put on my best innoscent face.
"Don't worry, you get to see it first and deem if it's okay for me to wear it or not." I stated.
Alex's eyes screamed lust and his smirk agreed rapidly with what I said.
"Sounds...perfect."
"It's my plan isn't it?" I questioned, turning forward and we continued to walk until we got into Pac Sun. Alex hesistated. "What's wrong now?"
"I haven't been in here in forever."
"Okay?"
"The last time I was in here was with Jack."
"So? Now we're in here. It's just a place, Alex. A lot of people come in here."
"Yeah, a lot of people I know." He mumbled, but I chose to ignore him.
I walked in anyway, looking through a ton of skinny jeans and shorts, picking out a ton of them and a few shirts too. When I was done, Alex and I both put our conjoined piles together.
"Alex Fagskarth!"
Alex groaned and rolled his eyes.
"Yes?" He replied, looking at one of the guys that looked gayer than gay.
"Dude, I haven't seen you since high school!" He stated, walking over.
Alex didn't look really thrilled.
"Yeah, man. We went on Warped Tour this past summer. We just got back a few days ago, and I need to get some new clothes."
"Who's this?" He asked, looking at me up and down like I was a piece of meat.
"This is Landon."
"Is Fagskarth your gay best friend?"
I rolled my eyes.
"He's bisexual, and no. He's not my gay best friend."
"Okay?" The guy looked confused. "You still dating that one guy with skunk hair?"
"Jack?" Alex asked.
"Yeah, that kid."
"No, we broke up a few months ago. During tour actually."
"And you need a gal pal to cheer you up?"
I had enough of this douche.
"Excuse me?"
"Yes sweetheart?"
"Can you, oh I don't know? Fuck off?" I asked. "Leave Alex alone. He may be bisexual, but he's straighter than you, asshole." I snapped.
"And another thing, Tyler..." Alex trailed off. "Ever fucking look at my girlfriend like that again, and I'll beat the shit out of you,"
Tyler looked at Alex in amazment that he had even caught Tyler checking me out. I quickly slipped my hand in Alex, pressing the inside of our palms together and intertwining our fingers seconds before Tyler's eyes landed on on hands.
"Um...okay, man. Yeah, sure...whatever." He stated and he backed up, looking for something else in the store. The cashier lady rung us up and looked at Alex.
"You and Jack, huh?" He smiled sadly and nodded. "That's too bad."
"We're still best friends, no matter what though."
"That's good. In fact, I saw him in here earlier with a girl that looked a lot like her."
I laughed.
"That's my twin sister, Carson."
"At least you two are moving on." She smiled before telling us the total. Alex dug in his pockets for the credit card while I handed it to her and got it back before he even noticed. She bagged out clothes and then we left the store quickly. We walked silently together, with him still holding onto my hand tightly.
"Alex?"
He didn't reply. I stole a glance at him and noticed a far off look in his eyes. He didn't even hear me. "Alexander?"
"Huh?"
"Are you okay? You're being all spacey. Are you high?"
He scoffed.
"No,"
"Then what is it?" He didn't reply. "Is it that Tyler kid back in that store? I swear, I will beat the hell out of him the next time he-,"
"No, Landon, stop. It's nothing. I promise." He sounded really distraught. "There were others just like him during my Senior year. They were friends but the second they saw Jack and me holding hands or kissing, they freaked out and then the name calling started. We learned how to deal with it, but some people just never grow up. I don't care what he says about me." He paused.
"Wow..." I trailed off.
"But I am serious about what I said about him looking at you that way.
"Someone's jealous," I mocked him from earlier.
Then I realized that we still had our hands together. Slowly, I took my hand from his, and shot him a small smile. He returned it and we continued walking about the mall in awkward silence.
I wish I could be like that.
I wish that people could say whatever they want and me not care. I care too much about what others think of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
What a freaking chapter! :D Message and subscribe!

Comments make me happy! :D

- Rae <3