Sequel: Stupid and Fearless
Status: Finished

Resistance Is Useless

Deep Talks

Landon

"Mom, we're home!" I called into the house as I walked in, not waiting on Alex.
"Okay! Did you have fun, baby girl?"
"Sureeeeee." It came out bored.
"That's what I like to hear."
I made a face and huffed.
"No need to look so unpleasent." Alex stated, standing beside me. "It wasn't that bad, was it?"
I looked up at my step-brother.
"Yes."
"You're saying that you didn't have fun? At all?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow at me.
"Not one bit." I smirked at him. "Mom, I'm going up to my room!"
"Okay!" She yelled back before I turned around and walked up the stairs. I felt Alex's eyes on me as I walked up. I perfered to mess with him a little bit. It was actually quite funny if you ask me. He gets frustrated, and confused. And when he thinks too much, he furrows his brows in a perplexed way. Once I got up to my room, I dumped all of my clothes out on the floor, ignoring my nearly empty closet. I laid down on my bed and stared up at the ceiling. My wrist and arm was itching pretty badly, but for now, I chose to ignore it. It was better than moving.
"Landon, are you up here?"
"No, Alex." I called back, keeping my eyes closed. Then I got an idea. "Wait! Could you bring me some lotion?!"
"Sure...." He trailed off and left from the other side of my door. Seconds later he came back to the door and stood there for a second. "Can I come in now?"
"Yeah!" I yelled back, opening my eyes and sitting up. Alex walked in and tossed a bottle toward me. "Lube, really?"
He smirked.
"Have fun with that."
"Why couldn't you just get regular lotion?" I asked, putting it on the bedside dresser.
"Why do you need lotion?" He questioned, ploping down on my bed.
"My tattoo's are scabbing over, and itching. The guy told me to put lotion on them,"
"Oh, cool." He shrugged. "You don't...think of me differently do you?"
"What do you mean?" I sighed heavily.
"I mean since that dude...."
"Alex, I find you the most annoying, disrespectful, cocky, asshole I've ever met in my entire life. I don't fucking look at you differently because you dated Jack and some guy as being a major douche. There."
He sighed heavily.
"Bitch," He muttered.
"Yes, I am." I admitted. "Now go."
"Do you need help putting your clothes away?"
I looked at him for a minute.
"My mom put you up to this, didn't she?"
"Tweny bucks straight into my pocket, so I'm going to say that's a yes."
"Thanks mommm," I replied sarcastically. I stood up off of my bed, and walked over toward the pile of clothes. I picked up a few pair of jeans, and Alex followed my actions. We started to hang up my clothes that he bought me today.
"I have to ask..."
"That's never good."
"...how in the hell did you get my credit card?"
"I took it from your pocket." I shrugged.
"Seriously? When?"
"When we walked out from the gas station. I might have slipped it from your pocket."
"How did you know the code?"
"I looked over your shoulder, and watched you put it in,"
Alex looked shocked.
"Where did you learn to do that?"
"I lived in the White House for six years. I know things normal people aren't allowed to know."
"Wow...."
"Yeah. But you don't know that," I smiled, looking at him through the corner of my eye.
"Oh...." He trailed off sounding unsure. "I think you got more than I did..."
"I wouldn't doubt that one." I laughed.
It took us ten more minutes to hang up all of the new clothes that I got today. When we were done, Alex and I sat down in the floor, leaning against the door of my closet.
"Can I ask you another question, Landon?"
I rolled my eyes.
"Personally, I don't want to talk to you, but okay. Sure."
"You know that you're a bitch."
"That's not a question....but yes,"
"Well my question is asking why,"
I stayed quiet and thought long and hard about my answer. I wanted to make sure that I answered correctly so that he would leave me alone.
"Hmmm...I honestly don't know." I admitted.
His eyebrows raised and he nodded.
"Wow. Never heard that one before."
"Okay...well..." I trailed off, trying to think. "Probably my friends...."
"That makes sense."
I nodded and huffed.
"What about you? Why are you so cocky?"
"It's part of my irresistable charm,"
I scoffed.
"That's why you and Jack broke up right?"
"You know nothing about that." He snapped.
I turned my head toward Alex.
"Whoa, calm down." I looked at him. "What is wrong with you two anyway?"
"I broke Jack's heart." He sighed. "I didn't mean to, but I did. I pushed him away, because I didn't want to be in a relationship anymore."
"But you wanted to keep your friendship with Jack too, right?"
"Right..." He sighed heavily. "But I feel really bad about hurting him."
"Maybe you should talk about it. You two will never be the same again if you don't,"
"Thanks, Landon." He chuckled lightly, looking down at his hands. "I um...didn't know that you could actually have a deep conversation with something,"
"I can..." I trailed off and smiled. I stood up from my stop and Alex stood up with me. "I'm going to go downstairs and get some coffee. I'm craving some."
"Okay." He laughed and we left my room, kitchen bound.
I stepped in there, sitting up the coffee maker.
"I love coffee." I randomly stated.
"Me too." He chuckled.
"Do you want some?"
"That would be great." He chuckled.
After the coffee was done, I poured Alex and I two cups. There was a slam of a door that made me jump. I sat the coffee cup down, and wondered into the kitchen where Jack and Carson were arguing. They were yelling so loud that I couldn't even hear what they were saying. Then the next thing I knew, Carson yelled something at Jack and he dropped his mouth. Tears started to build in the tall boy's eyes.
"Jack..." Alex trailed off, seeing the ending of the whole thing.
Carson rolled her eyes and walked off. She bolted out of the room and back up to her room.
"Alex," Jack cried and Alex wrapped his arms around the taller boy. Jack buried his head into Alex's shoulder.
"Should I get ice-cream and Home Alone?"
"Yes please..." Jack sniffled.
I looked at both of them worried, but Alex shot me a look that actually terrified me. I turned around and followed my sister's actions. I found her room, and I knocked softly.
"What?!"
"Cars?"
She sighed heavily.
"Come in."
I turned the knob and saw my frustrated looking twin sitting on her bed. I shut the door behind me, and sat down beside her.
"Carson, what's wrong?"
"I don't know, okay!" She snapped. "I just don't fucking know!" She ran her hands through her hair.
"Why were you yelling at Jack?"
"Because he was getting on my last nerve! I swear, that kid is the worst!"
"He's not tooo bad."
"Yes, he is!"
"Calm down, Carson." I demanded.
She dropped her mouth, but slowly closed it.
"Jack just pisses me off."
"What did he do exactly?"
"He kept bugging me about liking him. I couldn't get trough his thick skull that I don't like him."
I bit my lip.
"Carson...that's....why would you do that?"
"What do you mean?!" She snapped.
"Nothing..." I shook my head. "Maybe you should go out to a party or something. That sound make you feel better."
"I guess."
I sighed.
Carson definitely likes Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
I loveeee writing this!

Please comment?!?!?! :D

- Rae <3