Blinding

00.

The rain starts to pour down faster. Drips of water roll down the glass and a porcelain white hand reaches up to touch the wetness but comes away dry.

The rain ceases to fall.

And a pair of violet eyes look up up at the silver disk above.

------

A pair of gray eyes look away from the dark sky as their owner's attention is claimed by a boy with bright yellow hair and green eyes. The girl smiles slightly as the boy gestures wildly with his hands to better explain his wonderful tale of the time he won his football team's championship match in high school.

The girl turns her attention to the window again as she tires of the boy's tale and begins to wonder about the sky again. The weather has been strange lately. It never rains this much in winter, in fact, it almost never rains like this in the middle of December in Miami; it's the dry season. School has been cancelled due to frequent hurricane warnings. Scientists are baffled and claim that lack of hurricanes since Katrina and Wilma have brought this on but have no explanation for the strange time.

She wonders if it's finally the apopcalyspe coming and if Florida will finally flood. It's not like she wants it to flood, oh no, oh no. She loves Miami far too much to wish for its demise. She can't help thinking about it though. She doesn't believe all the 2012 rumors, it's just another date, another year. Nothing happened in 2000 or in 6/6/06, so why should anything happen in December 21, 2012? Illogical idiots.

She gently tugs on a long strand of curly, dark red hair and bites her lip as she begins to remember how she was supposed to be studying for that test in History about how humans have always feared for the end of time. Yeah, that's it. That's why she's been thinking about this so much, it's not another one of her gut feelings that usually come true. It's not like the time with Trevor. It's not, it's not, it's-

"Eve? Are you even listening to me?" The boy yells at her. Eve jumps, startled from her thoughts, and scowls at the boy.

"No, no I'm not," Eve scoffs. "You've told me the story more than fifty times, Frank. I congratulated you the first time, no need to keep trying to impress me."

"Impress you? We're already dating, I don't need to do that anymore," Frank shakes his head and Eve rolls her eyes.

"You're an idiot and if you think we're dating, you're clearly mis-," A loud screeching noise hits her. It feels like it is tearing her skull wide open and tore her eardrums apart. Eve clamps her hands over her small ears and lets out a scream. Her small body falls out of her chair and Frank gets up as she starts tearing clumps of her hair out of her scalp.

Frank does not reach her.

Eve stops screaming.

Everyone in the coffee shop drops dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story bros. Am I excited? Yes. I really like the idea for this one, even though the plot is kind of vague. I'll try to update every week or so. Please comment or subscribe, it makes me feel nice. :)