Status: New ideas!

Now I'm Haunted

CH.2

Nick's POV
I had a weird feeling the entire time I was at my parents house. I think Staci is really sick and I probably shouldn't have left. I just should've had Isabella stay with them or someone. Bella made a card for Staci to make her get better. She wanted to leave as soon as she made it so she could give it to her. 
"Daddy are we almost home?"- She asked from the back seat. 
"Yes honey, one minute."- I laughed as I pulled into our neighborhood. As soon as I put the car in park she bolted out of the car, waiting for me to unlock the door. 
"Hurry up dad!"- She ordered. 
"Calm down munchkin."
"I'm not a munchkin!"
"You're so antsy today."- I chuckled as I opened the door. She was about to run upstairs until I caught her and picked her up. 
"Whoa there; mommy may be sleeping. Let me check on her first."- I told her. 
"Fine...can I get a snack?"
"Yes there's granola bars in the lower cabinet, but make sure you wash your hands first!"- I ordered. She nodded, ran to the sink and climbed up her little step stool. I chuckled to myself as I jogged up the stairs. I quietly opened the door to see that the bed was made. 
"Staci?"
...No answer. I looked in the bathroom and noticed things were missing. I felt a lump in my throat and a sickening feeling in my stomach. I walked back into our room and noticed pictures and things were also gone. My heart raced as I opened the closet...her clothes where gone. I felt tears stroll down my face as I ran through the whole upstairs. I went down stairs too, avoiding Bella and all I found was more missing items and no Staci. She left us. No note, no notice, we were happy...or so I thought. Why would she up and leave like this!? I want to scream, I want to cry, I want her back! I pulled out my cell phone and dialed Joe's number, not knowing what to do. I closed the door as it rang so Bella won't hear me crying. 
"Hello?"- Joe answered. 
"She's gone!"- I sobbed not able to hold it in. 
"Who? Is Isabella ok!?!"
"Staci!"- My voice cracked. 
"It's not April fools day; Nick that's not funny."
"I'm not fucking joking! She left!"- I hissed. 
"Are you sure? You two were so happy. Did she take Bella!?"
"I'm positive, all her shit is gone! I don't understand because we were happy! The only good thing is, she didn't take Bells, she was with me all day. But when I got home Staci was gone!"- I said so confused and hurt. 
"Her stuff is really gone?"
"Yes! Joe what am I going to do? Isabella needs her mother!"
"I know. Just calm down and we'll be over in 10."
"I'm going to lose it. Today is our seven year anniversary too..."
"No you're not, and I'm sorry but just go see your little girl to make sure she's going to be ok."
"I can't tell her, she won't understand it yet."
"I know, and I don't think you should tell her until later on or until we know what's going on."
"Thanks Joe."- I choked. 
"See you soon."
I hung up and wiped off my tears. My body shook as I made my way to the bathroom to wash my face. I sniffled and pulled myself together for my daughter. I walked in he kitchen and saw her sitting at the table munching on her snack. 
"Where's mommy?"- She asked. Pain shot through my chest as I looked at her. 
"She had to leave for a little. Uncle Joey and Aunt Jenny are coming over!"- I said trying to distract her. 
"Really?" Her face lit up. 
"Yes..."
"Daddy you look sad. Do you miss mommy too?"
"I do; god I love you so much Bells."- I said as I kissed the top of her head. 
"I love you too, but she will be home soon!"- She smiled...of she only knew.

DING-DONG

"Hey Joe, hey Jenny."- I sighed. 
"Nick this isn't a joke right?"- Joe asked again. 
"Do I look like I'm joking?"- I hissed as they walked in. 
"Nick I'm so sorry; do you want us to talk Bella for the night so you can digest this?"- Jenny said. 
"I think she should be around me though."-I protested. 
"Nick you look like you're going to explode. We need practice as parents anyways. Just take tonight for yourself."
"I guess your right; can you believe she left us?"
"No I can't; she loves you and Isabella so much. Maybe something happened..."- Joe said. 
"Like what? I just don't get it, we were great this morning!"- I started crying.
"UNCLE JOEY, AUNT JENNY!"- Bella yelled as she jumped onto Joe's arms. I fake smiled and wiped my tears. 
"Hey kiddo!"- Joe laughed as he kissed her temple.
"Can we all get ice-cream?"- She giggled. 
"How about you, uncle Joey and I go?"- Jenny asked her. 
"What about daddy? He's sad because mommy isn't home yet. We miss her!"
"I know; but what if you let daddy have some quiet time and you can stay at our house for the night?"- Joe smiled. 
"Ok, but we can get ice-cream right?"-She beamed. 
"Of course!"- Joe laughed as he tickled her.
"Uncle Joey put me down!"
"Fine; go wait in the car with your aunt. I'll get your stuff."-He told her. I knelt down as she walked over to me. 
"Bye daddy, I love you!."- She smiled my crooked smile. 
"Bye my angel, I love you too."- I said holding back tears as I was reminded how much she reminded me of Staci too. I hugged her and kissed her forehead. How can I do this all on my own?
"You'll be ok, we're here for you."- Joe said as the door closed.
"I don't even know what to do with myself. I feel like part of me left. I don't understand! God! I don't need this shit again!"- I growled as tears burned down my face. I let out an angry sigh and ran my hands through my curls. 
"Oh I forgot about that..."- He said as we made our way to her room. 
"Not that I loved Miley anywhere near as much as I love Staci, it was still hard. But this...ugh I fucking hate myself! What did I do wrong!?"
"You didn't do anything..."- He said as I threw Bella's stuff into a bag. 
"I could've done something better, I could have loved her more!"
"Nick she knows you love her, honestly this doesn't add up to me. She has to love you."
"Maybe she doesn't; maybe there's someone else...I don't know! I can't believe she left Bella."
"Maybe she plans to take her later on."- He said as we descended down the stairs. 
"She can't! Isabella is my baby girl and I won't let anything hurt her!"
"You know this will when she realizes she's gone."
"I know, I'm just going to be the best dad I can be for her. She needs me."
"Well if you want me to stay with you for the night I will."
"No Joe. I need to take some time. I don't want to take everything out on someone who doesn't deserve it. I'll just think about what in the hell I'm going to do with myself. But thank you."
"No problem; I just see this crazed look in your eyes...please don't do anything stupid."
"Bye Joe."
"I'm serious Nicholas."
"I know, I'm not going to kill myself or anything. Just go."- I sighed. 
"See you tomorrow."- He said before walking out. What the fuck do I do now?