Status: Yay New Story!

I'm Not Perfect

Because I'm Hurting

It was typical of September to head straight to the girl’s bathroom before even thinking about her schedule. Her homeroom was filled with the same losers from last year and they could certainly wait. As usual there was a long ass wait to get in front of the mirror. September simply pushed past those girls.
“Excuse...” the girl stopped mid- sentence when she noticed who it was. Girls tended to part like the red sea when coming in contact with a girl who would sleep with their boyfriend with now remorse.

Perhaps that was why 95% of all the graffiti in the girl’s bathroom was always about her. She could care less, if anything it gave her something to read while she was in there.

Staring in the mirror, she began her ritual of nit-picking her appearance. She’d done the same thing before she left the house and before she got of her car. Call it compulsive or narcissistic, she had to do it.
God, your eyes are huge! And they’re way to far away from your nose.
Your hair sucks, as usual, jeez look at all your split ends.
You should have switched shirts before you left the house; the grey one was much cuter.


September grumbled to herself as she pulled out her eyeliner, darkening the circle around her eyes, Great, now I look like a fuckin’ panda.
“Fuck it,” September muttered wiping some of the eyeliner mess from around her eyes and pushing her way out of the bathroom. The halls were still bustling with students as the teachers failed at herding them into the classrooms.

September had to walk all the way across the school to reach her homeroom. The homerooms were organized by grade level and by last name, being at the end of the alphabet spectrum. September Palmer ended up completely away from her friends, which meant she was left completely alone. A thing she hated to be. Bitchy? Most likely. Sarcastic? Most definitely. Alone? A feeling she was familiar with, yet she hated it all the same. Besides the four girls she hung out with September was, in fact, alone.

Her right heel crossed the threshold, just as the late bell began to ring. Frantic freshman ran through the halls, and September allowed her self to smile, was she a spazz then? Freshman year felt like forever ago, and she decided to skip the revisit the craptastic memories that were her freshman year. Homeroom was nothing new. Schedules, reminder of the rules, crap about junior class dues. All things, September had no desire to think about and felt they were a complete waste of her life.
Her home room teacher, Ms. Dorr, looked at the digital clock that hung above the clean dry erase board, “Well, we’ve covered everything. Anyone want to share some things they did on their summer vacation?”

The class stared blankly at each other, no one willing to stand up in front of the class and embarrass themselves.

“Okay,” Ms. Dorr sighed, taking a glance at her roster, “we’ll just start at the top.”
September leaned back in her chair, groaning loudly and interrupting some girl’s lame story about vacationing in Pairs.

“September, you seem eager to share, why don’t you go next.”

The girl gave September a glare as she lowered herself into her desk. Ms. Dorr mentioned for September to stand up, “Go on.”

September made a big deal of getting up from her desk, tossing her hair, and rolling her eyes. Attitude seeped from her stance.

“This summer, was like any other fucking summer. I partied without my parents’ permission, participated in the smoking of illegal substances, drank while under aged, and fucked a bunch of guys…” she paused, giving a big grin to Ms. Dorr, “and girls.”

September had to admit to herself, getting sent to the office on the first day of school without being out of dress codes was pretty bad ass. Ms. Dorr was red in the face by the time she handed September her Referral Slip. Girls cut their eyes and whispered behind their hands. Guys gossiped worse than the girls and some even shared their own September “experiences”. She momentarily thought of the consequences and the trouble she risked with her parents, but then decided she didn’t care.

In the end, September ended up with three week’s worth of detention. It wasn’t like she had anything better to do after school. Her 1st block math teacher gave her the evil eye when she walked in late with her pass, but gave her the course syllabus. The ninety minute block went slowly. When the bell rang she was happy she could leave the ice box. She had to shove through kids that thought they owned the halls and the freshmen who were taking their sweet time. She was surprised when she walked into the French II classroom that Luvy was sitting there chatting it up with an unfamiliar blonde. She took the seat the next to her, slightly peeved that Luvy hadn’t turned to greet her yet.

Whiny bitch is probably still mad about this morning.

September waited all of three seconds before tapping the petite girl on her shoulder, “Forget me?”

Luvy turned and gave her a smile, “Oh hey, sorry I was caught up with Natalie. She was in my 1st block too.”

September gave a phony smile, sizing the girl up, “hey.”

Natalie seemed friendly enough and September felt a possessive quality over Luvy. Not out of the ordinary. September knew it was illogical, but she wanted the four of them to only be friends with each other.

Madame Seymour took over the class reintroducing them to the world of French II.

“What lunch do you have?”

“A. You?”

“Same, Natalie does too. At least we have each other.”

“Maybe Spencer’s spell worked.”

“Spell?”

Luvy was opening her mouth to answer Natalie’s question when September answered for her, “Sorry inside joke.”
Natalie’s face scrunched, “Oh.”

Luvy waited until Natalie was writing away at her notes before turning to September, “Why are you being such a bitch?”
“Why are you being such a ditz?” September questioned back.

“I’m not! I was just…”

“Like OMG! I like love your blonde hair,” she mocked Luvy, “You’re trying to hard.”

Luvy turned to face the board, not looking at September when she whispered the words, “You’re just jealous.”

It wasn’t surprising when Luvy raced off with Natalie. September did actually feel bad. It was her intention to have Luvy pissed at her yet again. French II was a lot of partner work and being left to socialize with others would be her down fall. She made her way to the cafeteria, quickly claiming a square shaped table with her notebooks and scoping out for her friends.

“Oh my gawd, I’m so relived you’re here!” Spencer’s twang caught her ear and she turned and saw Spencer dragging Luvy and unfortunately Natalie along with her, “I thought I was gonna be alone. I didn’t have morning classes with any of you.”

Spencer quickly filled the awkward air with talk her morning “adventure”. September stood up on the plastic bench, scoping the room for Von and Flare.

“Ew, my brother’s in here, “Luvy sighed as she spotted her brother, goofing around with his friends from the swim team and soccer.

“I see Flare! She’s got Von!” September dangerously jumped from the bench and raced to the double doors that the pair had just entered from, “If I believed in a God I’d thank him.”

“A fight already?” Von shook her, “I have no idea why we’re still remain friends.”

September linked their arms together as she felt her stomach sank, “Don’t say things like that. We might bitch at each other, but we still love each other.”

Flare groaned, “Oh gag me, I think I just heard violin’s playing.”

September playfully pushed her, “keep it up and you’ll get your wish.”

Spencer clapped gleefully and Luvy introduced her new friend. Spencer then forced them to compare schedules’, before they could get lunch. Spencer didn’t have classes with anyone. September’s 3rd block was shred with Flare and then she shared a 4th block with Von and Luvy. Flare and Von shared a 2nd block class.

“Well, at least we have lunch together,” Spencer sniffed dejectedly.

“Calm down Spence, we spend enough time together as is; we’ll be fine for a few hours.” Flare waved her hand at Spencer, brushing away the bad feelings, “Now can we eat lunch?”
♠ ♠ ♠
One last lady to introduce. Thank you my ten subbies :) Thank to all the readers and commenters.