Status: The end. Thank you all so much for reading.

Wrists

wrists .

May and Elijah insisted coming over to my home after our college classes. They wanted to personally meet my mother and Cheyenne (my father was off at a business trip, so we were the only three in the house). After a little convincing, I finally let them follow me back to my house. Everything was normal as I drove through the neighborhood—every one’s gardens were growing and healthy, Ms. Summer was in her front yard, pulling the stubborn weeds out, and the family to the left of my home were all sitting out and having a picnic. Everything was so lovely; at times like that, I wished I could join in on the fun without my anxiety and unusually shy personality getting in the way.

“Your neighborhood is so beautiful!” May squealed as we stepped up to my front door. Elijah was behind, hands in pockets, surveying the area intently. I gave him a weary look—to which he responded with an encouraging smile—and then turned to open my house for them.

Cheyenne was in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal. She, shocked, looked up and studied the unfamiliar faces. “Graham?” Her voice was unsure. I stepped in front of our two guests and gave her a reassuring smile.

“My two friends wanted to see you and mom.”

“Oh. Okay.” She bent her head to look at Elijah. “I know you, at least.”

Elijah grinned ear to ear. “Lookin’ pretty, as usual, uhh...”

“—Cheyenne,” my sister smiled shyly, quickly jumping up from her seat. “Do you guys want any leftover dinner, or something?”

“Nah,” May re-hooked the straps of her purse on her frail left shoulder. “I just never seen Graham’s house before. Or met his family, for that matter.” She stepped forward and extended her hand. “I’m May, Elijah’s sister.”

“Nice to meet you two.” Cheyenne said politely, shaking both sibling’s hands before taking a step back and examining their benevolent smiles. “Help yourself.” She turned to me. “Mom went out to take care of some things. She’ll be back in a little while.”

“No problem,” I responded. “We’ll just go sit in my room, I guess.”

She watched us climb the staircase and walk towards my bedroom.

Of course, there wasn’t much to do, but enjoying the company of my friends was enough for me. I didn’t remember how good it felt to have people who care about you, as difficult it may be at times. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it thoroughly. May was bubbly and sweet and supportive in her own kind of way, and no words can describe how great Elijah had been up until now.

Now all I had to do was go through with this recovery and mend my friendship with my mother.

But there was still a question nipping at the back of my head. A question that had been avoided for so long because I was paying too much attention to my own problems, rather than the problem poking both Elijah and I in the faces.

I’ll ask him the next day.

Yeah. I will.

Maybe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the new subscribers! Please comment. (: