Sixteen Candles

Chapter 18

Violet’s POV

I knew the moment Beckett entered the house. I had called Ryan after the werewolf incident and asked that they come early.

I was sitting, curled up, on the couch in the room, watching the still mirror in front of me.

The door opened and closed quickly.

I couldn’t see them in the mirror. I couldn’t see anything in the mirror. Whatever should have been there wasn’t, not unusual.

I got up from my spot and walked over to my desk.

I heard a rush of wind then felt a cold hand close on my wrist in a way that reminded me of a pair of shackles. My hair was pulled away from my neck. I felt my tattoo prickle.

“William--” I began before I felt a sharp sting over the aforementioned tattoo. I held my lip between my teeth.

“Don’t want you killing me.” He whispered in my ear.

Before I could respond, I felt his other hand slide around my waist, turning me around so quickly my spine was shoved into the wooden desk.

I noticed the movement of the door as Brendon left.

My attention was quickly brought back as William ran his cold fingers over the skin of my throat.

The atmosphere in the room seemed to freeze and an image from that morning flashed into my mind. Patrick in the kitchen, focused as he leaned forward to kiss me.

I felt William sink his fangs deep into my jugular vein. He bit hard and with the want and hunger of a half starved vampire.