Sixteen Candles

Chapter 40

VIolet's POV

His eyes glazed over as he registered the command and I smiled and left.
As I walked outside to my Aston Martin, I debated how I was going to handle this whole, 'change' situation.
I drove straight back home. Once there I headed upstairs for a shower only to find Patrick in my room.
"Hey." I noted, slipping out of her shoes.
"Hey." He mumbled back.
"What are you doing up here?" Tossing the jacket on the desk.
"I came to talk to you."
"Okay."
"Beckett fed from you, That day."
"Yeah."
"When I change . . "
"What?"
"I want it to stop."
I turned to him, shocked. "Why?!"
"Relax, Violet. I'm not saying you can't get your fang-fix."
"Then what are you saying?"
"That you can't call Beckett over this."
"Why the hell not?"
"Because Once this change thing is done, I can bit you myself." He got up from the bed and walked over.
The conversation had caused me to forget my trip to the shower, halfway through unbuttoning my shirt. He walked over and began undoing the ones I had long forgoten about.
HIs warm fingers barely touching my skin as he made a very successful attempt to tempt me.
He got my shirt open and trailed his fingertips down my side. I bit my lip for a few moments, but then he reached my jeans and changed direction. He continued to trail over the tops of my jeans until he got to the button.
"You biting me the other day." He said, grinning, as I moaned. "I liked it."
"Most humans do."
"And you seem to." He said, moving my shirt and seeing the marks on my shoulder.
"It's--" I was silenced by someone knocking on my bedroom door.
Patrick stepped back and I did a few of the buttons on my shirt, waving a hand towards the bathroom to get the shower running.
I turned towards the door. "Come in, Jordan."
He walked into the door trying not to read into Patrick being up here. "We may have a problem."
"What kind of problem?" I asked, suddenly feeling tired.
"An Avenged Sevenfold problem. They're on their way."
"Perfect. Just let me grab a shower, I'll be down in a second."
He glanced at Patrick and then nodded, walking out of the room.
"I guess I should let you shower." He stepped towards the door.
"No you don't. You are staying by my side until they leave."
"Why?"
"They are ten times worse than the Dandies."
"Is that even possible?"
"You won't understand until you meet them." I said, slipping out of my shoes and pulling off my shirt.
"So I just get to hang here while you shower?"
I grinned. "I would say you can join me, but then we'd be here longer than necessary." Heading into the bathroom, I stripped off my jeans and then waited until Patrick found the tv remote before I took off my underwear and climbed into the shower.
The water felt great and warm, but nothing like Patrick's fingers. In the shower, the heat was everywhere, not concentrated like fingertips.
I shook the thoughts and hurried up with my shower. I was almost done when a thought occured to me.
It also occured to Patrick. "You do realize that your clothes are all in here?"
"Yeah, just understood that." I snapped.
"I could pick you out something." He offered.
I sighed. "No, I got it." I shut off the water and wrapped a towel around me. Using vampire speed, I ran into the room and grabbed the underwear I wanted and then dissapeared into my walk in closet.
Patrick climbed off the bed and walked over to lean against the closet doorway with his eyes closed.
I pulled on a pair of tight black bootcut jeans. Walking over to the other side of my closet, and pulled a leather vest top off of the hanger. I slid it onto my shoulders and then began to do the buttons and buckles on the top.
"Alright." I told him once I was don't with the buttons and just onto the buckles.
"Nice outfit." He noted, as I picked up the studded silver heels I was going to wear with it.
"Thanks."
"It's better than you've worn all week."
"Yeah, well, this week has been very trying."
He nodded. "Why are you worried about me being around these Avenged Sevenfold guys?"
I lifted myself onto the counter in the closet and sighed. "I once made the mistake of killing one of their concubines. They got over it, but a couple of them think I still owe a payback. They will go after you, should they think you mean something to me."
"Do I mean something to you?"
I zipped up my boot and was about to brush off the question as best I could when Jordan walked in again to tell me that they had arrived.
I climbed off of the island and walked out the door, Patrick not far behind me.
He had it in his mind that he was going to ask me again, but it fadded once I got to the bottom of the stairs.
Assessing the smells, I could tell that all five of them were here. I glanced at Patrick and had the fleeting wish that I wouldn't have healed over the bite marks from the other night. Then headed into the living room.
Joe and Andy were sitting on one couch, Pete standing protectively behind them, I mentally told Patrick to join them.
The Avenged Sevenfold guys were scattered, some looking at art, others at the Hunters.
The guy in charge was sitting in my desk chair, watching Patrick with a look that made me want to rip his throat out, Pete had similar ideas.
"Shadows." I greeted, getting his attention.
He nodded. M. Shadows was a large man. Wrestler large. Muscular and tall, he was build more like what you would expect a werewolf to look like. Hazel eyes hidden under Aviators that were now sitting on my desk as he leaned back and laced his fingers.
Leaning against my desk was The Reverend Tholomew Plague. Built thin, he would have been less intimidating had it not been for the fact that he was taller than any of the Hunters or Jordan by at least a foot. He glanced my way. "Vidomia."
I flinched.
"Word is you prefer Violet now?" Zacky Vengence was great at just that. Being vengeful. Gorgeous green eyes, he was build rather normal, but wasn't prone to being underestimated.
Next to him, Synyster Gated was built almost as muscular as Shadows, and only a few inches shorter. But his jawline and cold eyes scared everyone against him.
Last and probably least was Johnny Christ. The shortest, he was built average. But years of vampirism had made him a good fighter and a better tracker.
"It's shorter, and simpler." I answered Zacky. "Why are you here?"
"You want the humans here for this?" Synyster asked me.
I shrugged. "I have nothing ot hide and therefore neither should you."
M looked a little unsure of that fact, but Plague shrugged and he accepted his judgement.
"Orphious called us. Said you were in trouble and that there were people that needed to be dealt with." He glanced behind me before he waved to Plague.
Plague stepped forward and pulled a scroll out of his jacket. He handed it to me.
"These were the orders, and the names of the soon to be deceased."
I unrolled the scroll and glanced over the names. I read down the orders and names. I chuckled and watched the parchment go up in flames in my hand. "Half the names on this list are not enemies of mine."
"Then Orphious is confused."
"Have you begun to destroy?"
"No, we wanted to confirm."
"And ask why you haven't gone after them yourself?" Zacky added.
"I spoke with Urie, Ross, and Beckett earlier. They are not after my life. Neither are the other names. Lackies and minions, nothing more."
"Then why are we here?" Synyster snapped.
"Because, Orphious and I recently had a falling out if you will."
"And if we won't?"
"He got snippy and you froze him into a hottub." Plague supplied, examining his fingernails.
"More or less."
You froze a guy into a hottub? Patrick asked me.
More or less. I answered back.
"Why?" Shadows asked.
"I don't like being ordered around, I don't like him trying to control me, and I don't like him sending me to my death over something stupid."
"Beckett wouldn't kill you. He thinks to highly of you."
Pete scoffed behind me.
The five Avenged focused on him before looking back at me.
"Either way, we aren't leaving until we kill someone." Johnny noted.
The Hunters and Jordan tensed and I smirked. "I trust you to deal with Orphious."
"That's nearly suicide."
"But I need him out of the way."
"Why?"
"I have my reasons."
"Such as?"
"Not wanting the life Orphious has given me."
"Such as?"
"I am done with all of this killing and hatred of his world."
"It is the world you were born into." Plague noted.
"You were a nobleman, now you're an assasin. You have no room to talk." I snapped.
Shadows glanced at Jordan.
I turned around, "Leave us."
Jordan looked at me asking if I was sure, before he and the Hunters left.
"Does this involve that human?"
"Does it matter if it does?"
"Yes, because if you expect us to kill one of the oldest, most powerful vampires in the world, over that human, you are mistaken."
"And if you think that I won't kill him alone you are mistaken."
"Then why not do so?" Zacky snapped.
"Because if you kill him, you're welcome to his title and position. If I do it, then there will be nothing more than an empty throne."