UNA NOTTE SOTTO LE STELLE

convalescence

It was hours they were in that room. Laura had gone out for a moment to acquaint the grandfather of the situation and had not dared to return, certain that she would only damage things. She sat well with her legs closed to his chest on the sofa: she closed her eyes but was unable to sleep. Towards morning her grandmother and Federica finally came out and left to the kitchen.

-How are you? - The man asked his wife. Katja looked at her granddaughter crouched on the sofa in the living room. She seemed asleep. She sighed, bringing the look back on her husband and her assistant Federica.

-Sleeps, but it will be tough. He has a broken leg, cracked ribs, one of which was miraculously stopped before puncture a lung. I stitched the head's wound .. but the worst thing is he lost a lot of blood, Evan. And you know that I can not go to the hospital and ask for bags for transfusion so without a reason. the possibility that he can survive is low. ..-

They sat quietly around the table. But they did not know that Laura had heard everything. It hurted her. She clutched her legs to her chest to keep from start to cry.

-I'll bring him something to eat if he'll wake up .- Laura opened her eyes and pretended to wake up. She walked into the kitchen muttering and making a false hello and a little yawn.

Hi granny, grandad. Hello .- She took the cup of tea resting on the tray.

-Honey, this is for Ville in case he wakes up and is hungry. I was going to bring it up- said her grandmother smiling sweetly.

-Oh, how is he? - She asked hesitantly. She already knew how he was but wanted to see what they would have answered.

-Sleep... and for the moment he's stable .- Katja said. Her niece had imagined such a response.

-Granny I'll bringt up the tray. And then I did nothing but sleep tonight. I went out and then I collapsed on the couch- said Laura .

-Are you sure? If you want I can go. - Replied the friend.

-No, I am going. - Smiled the young girl and took the tray, starting up the stairs. She entered the darkened room: the curtains were pulled becauseof the light in order not to hurt Ville. She put the breakfast on the bedside table and sat down: the girl looked at the person who was sleeping. He seemed calm and peaceful.
"He must suffer a lot.." She stroked his cold cheek and she seemed to see him smile unknowingly. She moved a strand of hair behind his ear. His face was pale and a band surrounded his head. Laura got out of bed: it was time to get in the kitchen. It was better if the singer had found her grandmother in her place. But just close the door she heard a faint cry behind him. She turned toward the bed. Ville stirred unconscious, suffering spasms of pain. She could not see it that way. She approached him and took his hand shaking it in her own, the other to stroke his forehead drenched in cold sweat.

-Calm down, calm down Ville .. I'm here with you, don't worry .- how many times she had dreamed of saying those words. And now that she was finally able to said them she realized she would have preferred not to tell him and see him on stage at the concert with his band, rather than see him there in his home, tormented by pain. He shook the hand of the man even more. Gradually the singer calmed down and started to breathe regularly. Laura, cradled by her breath, dropped softly, asleep beside him, her hand still in his.

-------------------------------------------------- -

hello again .. well I'm back to post ... hope you enjoy the story ..