Status: Active!

You've Been Thunderstruck

Chapter Two.

John wasn't happy about Pat deciding that I'd be staying with him. I honestly could have cared less where the fuck I stayed. I honestly thought I'd be sleeping on a couch in my aunt and uncle's house not with my "New enemy". Hell, it was his choice to be my enemy.
 
John, Garrett, Pat and I got into the awesome white van and I got in the back and smiled. This would've been nice to travel in around the country. But, then again, that's what it's used for. Or as I learned, was. I liked the van.
 
Garrett got dropped off at his house and Pat at his and he told me to listen to what John told me to do. That was pretty funny actually. But, John and I ended up going to his house and he said we'd leave my bags in the van because he didn't feel like getting them.
 
Sounded like something I would've said, honestly.
 
"Don't say anything, okay?" He said as we stood on his porch.
 
"I can't promise that, but okay." I said.
 
He rolled his eyes and we walked into his house and the smell of chicken being cooked filled the house. I smiled. John told me to follow him and I did just that walking into his kitchen and a cute petite woman was leaning against a counter watching the microwave.
 
She looked at me and a smile took over her face. John rolled his eyes. I smiled back at John's mom and he cleared his throat uncomfortably.
 
"Mom, this is Thunderstruck. She's Pat's cousin." He said.
 
"That's an amazing name. I'm Jenny, John's mom." Jenny said. I smiled.
 
"Thunderstruck Kepplin. I don't have much of greeting, but the chicken smells good." I said. John laughed and Jenny smiled.
 
"She's so cute." Jenny told John.
 
"She kinda just rolled into town and Pat won't let her stay with him and just so you know, I didn't step up to this. But, Pat decided she's staying here and please, please, just say no." John said. I rolled my eyes.
 
"Why would I say no? Thunderstruck, you can stay here. I don't have a problem with it." Jenny told me. John groaned.
 
"Thank you, Jenny. Really. He's got some kind of, whatever. But, thanks." I said. She smiled.
 
"No problem. John, go do something productive." She said.
 
"I can't listen to the conversation you two are about to have?" He asked.
 
"No, you can't. Go." She said.
 
He walked out of the room and Jenny told me to sit down. I sat down at one of the chairs on the opposite side of the counter she was standing at and she smiled.
 
"I've actually heard a little bit about you. Your name's Thunderstruck, after AC/DC and that's about it." She told me.
 
"Uhh, yeah. After AC/DC. My parents named all their kids weird names." I said.
 
"You have siblings?" She asked.
 
"Yeah, two brothers. An older and a younger one. Axl, he's the oldest. He's named after Axl Rose and Caine is named after the song Cocaine by Eric Clapton." I said. She smiled.
 
"That's awesome." She said.
 
"Thanks. You really didn't have to let me stay here, you know. I appreciate it, I really do. But, you don't have to." I said. She laughed.
 
"It's no problem, Thunderstruck. Really, it's not. If Pat offered you up to be here, means there's no chance of you getting hurt and I've heard he's pretty protective of you." She said.
 
"He acts like my older brother sometimes." I said.
 
"Well, it's okay with me that you're here. Tell me about you." She said.
 
"Umm, my parents met in Phoenix and had my brother. They hit the road in a trailer going around the country camping. They had me and my brother and that's been my life. I was sitting at a campfire a few months ago and it hit me that I'm twenty one and still living with my parents in a trailer. So, I decided to come here and try life out living here. I thought it'd be nice to see some family." I said. She smiled.
 
"That's cool. What do your parents think of you coming here?" She asked.
 
"Honestly? They'll most likely notice I'm gone sometime next year. Good parents, just not winning parents of the year award anytime soon." I said.
 
"How much younger is Caine than you?" She asked.
 
"He just turned eighteen." I said.
 
"Well, I think you'll fit in Arizona well. You're tan, your pretty and you have sense of humor." She said. I laughed.
 
"Thanks, I guess." I said slowly.
 
"You're awkward too." She said.
 
"You made me awkward. I hate compliments." I said. She laughed.
 
"You'll need to get used to that because I guarantee that you'll be getting a lot of them." She said.
 
"I bet you me cooking a meal that by tomorrow I will not have gotten one compliment." I said. She smiled.
 
"Deal." She said and we shook on it.
 
"That's a dangerous word, Mom. Whoa." A dude in his teens said walking in and looking at me.
 
"Shane, that's Thunderstruck. Pat's cousin and she's staying here." Jenny said.
 
"I get to live with that?" He asked. I smiled.
 
"Yeah, you get to live with that." Jenny said smirking my way. I smiled.
 
"I'm Shane." Shane told me sitting in the chair next to me.
 
"Thunderstruck. Nice to meet you little dude." I said. He smiled.
 
"So, how exactly did you end up in my house?" He asked. I laughed.
 
"Uhh, Pat pawned me off to John and your mom kicked John out and now you came in." I said.
 
"John left you?" He asked.
 
"Not really. He got kicked out." I said.
 
"Oh, okay. You have a cool name, you know." He said.
 
"Thanks." I said.
 
"I'm gonna go see what's wrong with John." He said and left.
 
"He's so adorable." I told Jenny. She laughed.
 
"He complimented you." She said.
 
"No, he didn't. When?" I asked.
 
"He said you had a cool name. That's a compliment and you get to cook dinner tomorrow night." She said smirking. I laughed.
 
"Alright, a deal's a deal." I said as John walked back in and sat in the chair next to me.
 
"Thunderstruck's cooking dinner tomorrow night." Jenny told John.
 
"Let's hope we don't die." John said.
 
"I can cook, dude. Steak made by me is like gourmet." I said.
 
"Yum, steak." Jenny said. I smiled.
 
"It'll be awesome." I said. John rolled his eyes.
 
"Pat told me that you do bad things." He told me.
 
"What kind of bad things?" I asked.
 
"He said you'd say that." He said.
 
"Bad things are fun." I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is here two days later than I said it would be. I really love this story and just putting it out there right now, it's gonna take a while to pick up. So, if you're wanting a fast story, this won't be the case.

Enjoy this, don't. If you do, tell me.