Status: Completed.

Happy the Hard Way

Chapter 13

The next day Kallel was walking home from school alone, Colleen had somehow landed herself in detention, kallel had yet to get the scoop on why. Suddenly Logan was walking next to her.
"hey Kallel" he said. she ignored him and kept walking, unfortunately the quickest way home was down a not too busy street. "i saw you boyfriend, Cameron, was back at school today, what happened to his face?" he asked, laughing.
"what do you want? seriously!" she said, she stopped walking and turned towards him.
"you know what i want" he said, his hand rested on her cheek. Kallel froze, she hated his touch. she wanted to slap his hand off of her and run away, but instead she stayed where she was and stood tall. Logan stepped closer, their noses almost touching"y-o-u" he said, spelling it out.
She pushed him away from her "you had your chance" she said as she walked away.
"wait, here's your boyfriends phone, he must have dropped it when he got beat up. the guy can't even defend himself, how can he protect you." he said, a evil smile on his face.
Kallel stopped walking. she turned around and walked back to him. "why the hell did you do that to Cameron" she demanded.
Logan shrugged "i told you what i wanted. and baby, i always get what i want." he said. he grabbed her hand and pulled her close to him, then pressed his lips to hers.
Kallel pushed him away. "i'm never going to be yours, ever" she said.
"suit yourself, by the way, your sister is a cutie. i'll pick her up from school for you tomorrow if you want, and cameron might want to stop running in the mornings." logan said, angry.
"don’t you dare touch my sister, Leave them alone, leave me alone!" she said, a tear streaming down her cheek.
"then do what i say…dump him" logan said, a serious expression on his face.
Kallel didn’t say anything, then finally nodded in agreement.
"I’ll do it; I’ll dump him. just please don’t hurt anyone." she said, begging him.
Logan wasn’t an idiot, he knew that if people knew Kallel was dating him, it would raise a lot of questions, so instead he had a decoy, a friend of his that she would be seen with, mainly at school; as for outside of school, it was her and Logan, no decoy.
Later that night kallel went over to Cameron’s house, she couldn’t believe logan was making her do this, it was making her sick. "hey kallel" cameron said, he wrapped his arms around her. Kallel forced a smile. “I rented Rat Race, we can go watch it in my room if you want” he said, his arms still around her.
Kallel looked down and shook her head. She sighed and unwrapped Cameron’s arms from around her waist. “I was thinking maybe we could just talk…out here” Kallel said.
Cameron reached behind him and shut the door to his house, “What‘s up?” he asked, sitting down on the porch steps.
Kallel sighed and sat down next to him, "Cameron, this is going to seem really random for you, but to me its not. I've been thinking about it a lot. I don’t want to be dating anyone right now...i mean like a week after logan, i was dating you, i think i should be single right now..." she said, she figured this was the easiest excuse for him to handle.
"kallel..."
"no, Cam, its not up for discussion" she said reaching up to her neck and taking off the necklace he gave her, it took her entire being to force herself not to cry, she loved that necklace, it was never off.
"cant you give me a chance to say something? or change your mind?" he asked quietly, looking crushed.
Kallel shook her head and put the necklace in his hand, she stood up and walked to her car and left. She felt like she just kicked a puppy then laughed about it; but that didn't even come close to how bad she truly felt...
♠ ♠ ♠
Tadaaa!
:)))))
Let me know what you think <3