Status: Completed.

Happy the Hard Way

Chapter 15

The weekends were usually the days kallel didn’t have to see logan, at all. and unfortunately they went by all too quickly. Monday morning kallel slowly trudged into school walking besides Mike the decoy. "so why are you helping logan with this disgusting plan" she asked.
Mark shrugged "i like pot, especially when its free." he said. Kallel knew it, that was her original and number one guess. "besides, i get to be seen next to you, and people think we're dating. that’s not bad at all."
Kallel smiled, feeling herself about to blush "you're sweet" she said, nudging him with her shoulder, "yet, so evil for doing this, all for free pot." she rolled her eyes.
"what’s your favorite thing, in the whole wide world?" Mark asked.
"cameron." she said, not even thinking about it.
"well, imagine seeing cameron, every day, like back when you were dating and how good he makes you feel. Cameron to you, is pot to me. I cant get enough of it. it makes me feel good. i do what i have to do to get it." he said, linking his fingers through hers.
"i somewhat understand now. you get what you want, and i get nothing. that’s fair" she said sarcastically. After talking with Colleen and retrieving her books from her locker she headed off to math class, not looking forward to sitting next to cameron. It was getting hard for her to restrain herself. When she walked into the classroom Cameron, shockingly, was already there. She awkwardly sat down next to him. Nathan was right, he did look a mess. His hair was crazier than usual, sticking out in every direction. Not good. She hurt him this bad, and she couldn’t even tell him the real reason. At the end of class they had time to work on their homework, although no one actually did.
"hey cameron" a girl said. Kallel looked up to see a girl with brown hair and big brown eyes standing in front of his desk, her name was Holly.
"hi" he said shyly.
"uhm, i was wondering,……are you still dating that one girl?" she asked
Kallel tensed up, did Holly not know she, kallel, was the one that was dating cameron. Cameron shook his head "nope" he said, making it sound like he was over her, that he didn’t care about kallel anymore.
'Ouch, that hurt' kallel thought to herself 'i deserved it though'
"okay, cool. I was wondering if maybe you wanted to help me study physics later today after school, i heard you were good at it..." Holly said. Kallel knew 'study' meant make out. she had to bite her tongue to keep quiet.
Cameron looked up at Holly and smiled "I'd love to." he said
"great thanks!" holly said, then walked back to her desk.
Kallel thought she was going to be sick, she couldn’t see cameron with another girl. she wasn’t over him, their relationship wasn’t over, not yet.
After school Kallel walked out towards logan's car and saw cameron and holly walking out of school together, which pissed her off. She opened the door to logans car and sat in the seat.
“holly is such a freaking slut." she said, putting her seatbelt on.
"woah, Bad day? where’d that come from? " Logan asked, driving towards her house.
"just forget it, its your fault anyway. i hope something eats you one day, you know that?" she remarked.
***
Colleen was over at Kallel’s house for dinner and to study; by study they meant hanging out. After dinner they were up in kallel's room watching reruns of The King Of Queens when Colleen spoke up. "Kallel, whats been up with you lately? you’re practically dating Mark but you look at cameron like you'd do anything to be with him...i can see you still love him." she said.
Kallel sighed "its complicated."
"you've been like this since you broke up with cameron....its been 3 weeks kallel." colleen noted.
'3 weeks? no way, it didn’t seem like 3 weeks, it felt like 3 years. how could it only be a month? ‘It couldn't be November...' kallel thought to herself. Colleen wasn’t buying the excuse that she gave cameron and everyone else. 'Quick, think of a lie' she thought. "well, someone has...something against cameron. So i dumped him, and everything is better with mark, there’s no risk..." kallel said, telling the truth, but not the full truth.
"risk? what risk? Kallel you can tell me!" colleen begged. kallel shook her head, signaling she was done talking. "when you're ready, i'm here" colleen said, then packed up her things and left.
Everyday Kallel tried to get Mark to tell her what Logan's plan was, she knew he was up to something. But Mark would only say ’I don’t know’. Kallel was beginning to like him, as a friend. maybe they could be friends if he wasn't included in logan's plan. Everyday she would try to make logan feel like crap. She wouldn’t treat him like a person, she snapped at him, never smiled. she'd give him sarcastic answers and be bitter to him. Hoping that he would give up on her. Logan wasn’t having that. He must have got sick of it because one day, during thanksgiving break he snapped. The anger was back, not to mention worse than before; Kallel knew it wasn’t gone, he hadn’t changed one bit.
***
Kallel was sitting in Logan's room a few days after thanksgiving, his parents were out shopping. "so what do you want to watch?" logan asked, turning on the tv.
"you, in an electric chair, being tortured to death. or watching someone beat the living shit out of you, because you deserve it." kallel said, pleased with her answer.
"I'm SO sick of you being a smart ass Kallel!" he yelled
"I'm SO sick of you being a smart ass Kallel" Kallel said, mocking logan.
"stop it!" he yelled
"stop it!" she mocked. logan groaned in anger. "grr, my names Logan, I’m a fat gay bimbo, i love guys. i'm a life ruiner, everyone hates me." kallel remarked.
Logan picked her up off the floor and threw her down on his bed. firmly placing his hands on either side of her face. "I said stop it." he said angrily through clenched teeth. "here's how this is going to go. You told everyone what i did to you, and i got in trouble for it and had to go to all of those lame classes and juvi. Here’s the thing darling, you deserved EVERY beating. You expected to go out with Cameron and live a happy life didn’t you? Wrong. Payback is a bitch. I’m going to make you feel disgusted with yourself, so disgusted you'll want to die." he said, an unpleasant smile plastered on his face. Kallel knew it, she just knew he didn’t change. it was too good to be true. Logan slapped her face making Kallel scream out in pain. His hand covered her mouth. "you're so annoying, just shut up and be quiet." he said, his eyes black with anger. The next thing Kallel knew Logan was ripping her clothes off of her. Kallel's eyes got wide 'he's not doing this to me, he cant be.' she thought, she bit down on his finger that was being used to cover her mouth.
Logan yelped in pain, but it wasn’t enough to make him stop or give her time to escape. Instead logan placed his hand on her neck, making it hard for Kallel to breath. 'no one is here, no one can save me. Cameron will come, i know he will. he'll know something's wrong. Mark! mark will come over and stop this, or tell someone.' Kallel soon couldn’t breath, she was tired from struggling to fight logan off of her. Her body became weak and she became unconscious.
♠ ♠ ♠
I meant to upload this yesterday before I went to go to to check out a tattoo place since i'm getting another one, buuut i forgot, and then when i got back i didn't have time!

I'm going to a concert next Tuesday, and then Wednesday a different band is having an in store, so i wont be able to post until after Wednesday :)