Status: Completed.

Happy the Hard Way

Chapter17

That day after school kallel walked out in the parking lot with Colleen and Nathan. As they exited the school they saw a crowd of people, that only meant one thing; fight.
"I wonder who it is this time" Nathan said rolling his eyes.
Kallel watched the people swarm around the two guys in the middle. One of the guys was laying on the ground, the other guy sitting on top of him punching him. Then she got a glimpse of their faces. Logan and Mark. "Shit" Kallel mumbled then ran towards them, pushing through the crowd of people. She could hear Colleen and Nathan yelling after her, no doubt following her. "Mark! stop it!" she said, pulling him off of logan.
"he deserves this kallel! That sick bastard! he deserves to get the shit beat out of him. He needs to learn his lesson!" Mark yelled, lunging back at logan, who had stumbled to his feet.
"Mark!" she yelled, pulling on his arm "Its not up to you to punish him! thank you but stop it before you get in serious trouble, just stop!" she said. Nathan had arrived and pulled mark off and pulled him out of the circle.
"He deserves it Kallel! you know he does!" he said, closing his eyes, putting his head in his hands
"thank you for doing that, really. but its not worth the price you'll have to pay" she said.
"thank you? for what" Colleen asked.
mark lifted his head "....do they know?" he asked. kallel shook her head, looking down at the ground.
"know what?" Nathan asked.
Kallel looked up at him, then looked over at Colleen, and then looked back down at Mark. "nothing. just forget it. lets go. I'll see you tomorrow mark." she said then ran off towards Nathan’s car. That night she got home from the local pharmacy, went into her bathroom and pulled out a pregnancy test. 2 excruciating and long minutes later she looked at the test. 'Negative, thank god' she said to herself.
***
Months flew by and soon it was February, Kallel had sunken into herself, rarely going out with friends. She had stopped 'dating' Mark, but they had become good friends and talked frequently. Logan had gotten what he wanted and layed off. Mark still hung around Kallel, every day he would tell her he was sorry. He promised he wouldn’t tell anyone, “it wasn’t his story to tell“, but he kept telling Kallel she had to tell the police what Logan did. Kallel never did, she knew it was her fault. she kept telling herself ‘its your fault you got rapped Kallel, you deserved it, suck it up and move on. No one cares…’
Three months later and she still felt disgusted with herself, unable to feel clean. She was sick of it. She couldn’t stand the feeling that she had been raped. She was sick of feeling so low and down on herself. The depression wasn’t working out too well for her. she'd had enough. It was the beginning of February, a Wednesday night. Kallel's parents and Elizabeth were over at the Darmody's eating dinner. Kallel faked a stomach ache and stayed home. 30 minutes after they left she pulled out a notebook and a pen, she wrote down that Logan made her date him, and mark was a cover up. Explaining it all-Cameron, Logan, Mark and the rape and how she felt. After she had it all written down and was happy with it she pulled out notes she had written to people; Mark, Colleen, Nathan, Elizabeth, her parents, her best friend Brandon from L.A. and Cameron. She put them all in an envelope, and wrote 'I'm Sorry' on the back and sealed it. She walked into her bathroom, opened the cupboard and pulled out a bottle of pills. She couldn’t take life anymore. She was done. She wasn’t sure how many she took, but it was a lot. With the envelope containing the letters clenched in her hand she slowly lost consciousness and fell to the ground. The last face she saw was Cameron's. She really was sorry, she knew this would emotionally kill the people she loved, especially Elizabeth, but it was all for the best, there was no good in life, she couldn’t find anything better in her's, she left them, but she knew she would always hold a place in their hearts. They would be better off without her…she had too many problems.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiya, it'd be fantastic if I could get some feedback. I don't have much motiviation to keep posting it...

Do you wanna get supersonic?

-Shandra.<3