Status: Completed.

Happy the Hard Way

Chapter 2

"ohh, sorry about that" a voice said, their head blocking the sun from Kallel's eyes as she looked up at them.
Kallel glanced up and saw a guy, skateboard in hand, probably about her age, with dreads looking down at her, his hand out offering to help her up. She didn’t take it, instead she stood up herself and dusted herself off "yeah, sure" she said, then she continued walking.
"hey now" the guy said jogging to catch up to her. "that’s no way to accept an apology, i said look out, but you had you headphones in apparently" he said gesturing towards her iPod. Kallel shrugged, not enjoying this talk she was having with this stranger skateboard dude. 'Gnarly.' she thought to herself.
"I'm fine, just continue on with your skateboarding or whatever." she said rudely, although he didn’t leave her alone. "listen, i really don’t feel like being stalked and possibly raped then murdered, so if you'd leave me alone, it would be appreciated." she said, putting her headphones back in and crossed the street; noticing that the mysterious creeper skateboarder was standing on the other side of the street just looking at her. 'good he got the idea' she thought to herself.
She returned home and saw two people she didn’t know standing in her driveway talking to her parents. "oh here she is, Kallel, these are our neighbors, they have a son your age" her mom told her.
kallel didn’t even acknowledge them, she just walked straight into the house and up to her bedroom. It was then that she checked her phone and realized she had a text from her best friend, Brandon. yes, her best friend was a guy, girls were too much drama and always backstabbing. The text read, 'i miss you already, i love your parents, but their douches for moving.'
kallel responded to the text: 'i know! some ass just ran me over on his skateboard. and our neighbors are over. gag me with a fucking spoon.' then her mom busted into her room
"kallel you really need to learn to be more polite! that was VERY disrespectful what you did back there, We'll be joining them for dinner tonight, so clean yourself up and get a better attitude toward this new adjustment!" her mom lectured her.
'pshh, yeah. right. like I’m going to go over there and eat with complete strangers' she thought to herself, rolling her eyes. Yet, she found herself standing at the front door of their neighbor's house, her mom had made her change out of her sweatpants so Kallel put on a light wash pair of jeans with holes in the knees and a few tears in the thighs, she kept her 'playmate of the year' shirt on though.
"Hello!" someone said too cheerfully for Kallel's comfort, opening the front door. "Hi Kallel, i didn’t get a chance to introduce myself, I’m Mrs. Darmody." she said extending her hand.
"yeah, hi?" she warily shook her hand. and walked in the house after her parents.
She was sitting at their dining room table when someone walked down the stairs. "you've got to be kidding me" Kallel said, not meaning to say it out lout.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's chapter two :)
Let me know what you think!