Status: Completed.

Happy the Hard Way

Chapter 30

After hanging out in Cameron’s room for an hour they went downstairs to bring their suitcases up. Kallel popped her head in the kitchen “That smells amazing, what is it?” she asked.
Cameron’s mom turned around “Thank you dear, its just chili; secret family recipe.”
“Need any help?” she asked, walking into the kitchen.
“I couldn‘t ask for your help, Kallel. But that’s very sweet of you to offer.”
“No, it’s not asking if I offered. I want to help. I can set the table if you would like?’ she suggested.
“If you absolutely don’t mind, I do need to run to the post office real fast. All I need you to do is stir the chili every once in a while” Cameron’s mom said. Kallel nodded and took her place by the stove. “Just ask Cameron for help, he‘s helped me with this many times” she said then left for the post office.
“Kallel?” Cameron called out. He walked past the kitchen, then he stopped and walked backwards to the kitchen door. He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her, resting his chin between her neck and shoulder. “You‘re good with kids, AND you can cook? I definitely love you.” cameron said.
Kallel smiled “I‘m just watching it until your mom gets back…I only have to stir it.” she said.
Cameron turned her around to face him and stepped to the side, away from the stove.
“No, no. Don‘t down play it. You my love, are cooking.” he said, putting her hand over his heart, leaving his hand on top of hers. Cameron backed her up against the counter and placed his other hand on her cheek. Kallel could feel his heart start to beat faster as he leaned down to kiss her. Kallel kissed him back slowly then pulled away a little. Leaving their lips barely touching. Kallel opened her eyes and saw Cameron’s green ones looking back into hers and gave him one last quick kiss.
Cameron leaned his forehead against hers. He smiled and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear “I suppose I should probably let you get back to cooking huh?” he said as he unwillingly unwrapped his arms from around her. He walked over to the cupboard and grabbed bowls and cups, then placed those on the dining room table. Then returned to the kitchen and grabbed silverware. Every time he would walk by her he would whisper I love you in her ear and lightly place his hand on the small of her back for a few seconds.
Kallel had never been so giddy in her life, or as red as a tomato either.
Cameron had finished setting the table and was sitting on the countertop next to the stove when his mom walked in.
“Cameron Michael Quiseng! You know better than to sit on that counter! Get down!” she instructed him.
“jeez Cameron” Kallel said giggling.
“Mom! Kallel is being mean!” cameron whined.
“I‘m sure you deserve it…” his mom said walking over to the stove. “Kallel thank you for helping me, it should be ready.“ She said as she set the pot of chili on the table.
Kallel looked over at Cameron, who had his mouth hanging open in disbelief, and stuck her tongue out at him then sat down at the table.

After dinner Kallel and Cameron were sitting on the floor in his room playing ‘Go Fish’ when he looked up at her with a curious look on his face. Kallel looked up at him and gave him a look that said ‘what?’. Cameron put his cards down “What do you think about love?” he asked.
“Well…I don't have much experience with love, but I think it can happen, it's kinda become a mainstream word in the sense that you can throw it around without meaning, and how some people use it without knowing what it really means.” she said, collecting all of the cards into a pile and put them back in the box.
Cameron smiled at her “why are you so perfect? You come back with the best answers, you‘re beautiful, intelligent, funny.”
Kallel leaned over to him and gave him a peck on the lips “Thank you” she said with a smile.
“You wanna watch a movie or something?” he asked suddenly, standing up and walked over to a shelf full of movies in his bedroom.
Kallel shrugged “sure, you pick. I‘m gonna go put my pajamas on” she said, then walked to the bathroom to change. She came out and sat down on Cameron’s bed as he put the movie in. “so, what movie did you pick?”
“Rat Race. We never got to watch it that one…never mind….sorry” he said then layed down on his bed wrapping his arms around Kallel and pulling her down with him.
Kallel layed on her side, facing Cameron’s chest, “you wear that to bed?” she asked, a smile creeping onto her face.
“the sweatpants, yes. But I don’t wear a shirt…remember?” he said, winking at her.
Kallel poked his stomach and rolled her eyes then turned her attention back to the movie.
Cameron softly brushed his fingers on her bare arm, starting at her shoulder and going down to her elbow, then back up. Kallel had drifted off into a light sleep, “Cam, that tickles” she said, her eyes still closed.
“I‘m sorry” he whispered, taking his hand off of her arm.
“nooo” Kallel whined, “don’t stop” she said, moving closer to him so she was right up next to him.
Cameron chuckled to himself and started rubbing her arm again. Cameron must have shut the movie off because it was quiet, and the only thing Kallel could hear was Cameron’s steady breathing. Then he started to hum ‘Once Upon A Dream’ from sleeping beauty again.
“cameron” she whispered
“I‘m sorry is that bothering you?” he asked, kissing the top of her head.
“no, its just…” she said trailing off.
Cameron waited for her to continue, after a minute he spoke up “its just what?” he asked, trying not to laugh.
“I love you.” she whispered, lazily drawing a heart on his chest with her finger.
“that‘s very sweet of you. I love you too” he said. He was getting a kick out of Kallel being so tired she was delirious.
“no, Cam, I really, really love you. You‘re so nice, and warm and adorable…like a teddy bear. I just love it…you. I just love you. Only you. Always you.” she murmured.
Cameron kissed the top of her shoulder and smiled to himself “well I guess I‘m the luckiest guy ever…because I have you, the most beautiful treasure on this earth.” he said. Kallel didn’t respond, she had already fallen back to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi there!

My ears are still ringing from last night. I went to a Sparks the Rescue concert last night, it was my second time seeing them(: They're all so nice! I always thought Alex was rude/an asshole. But the moment I started talking to him, the first time I saw them, he was suuuuper nice!
Select Start was there too, it was also my second time seeing them haha! Rookie of the Year was there too, but not the full band.
Such a great tour line up!

Three chapters of this left!

-------> I Need You so Much Closer <-------