Status: Completed.

Happy the Hard Way

Chapter 32

Three Years Later.

“CAMERON! Man are you ready? You‘ve got to be up at the alter in like two minutes” Nathan yelled.
Cameron emerged in a black tux, he stood in front of the mirror “do I look okay? She‘s not gonna like, leave me at the alter is she?” he asked nervous, he turned around to look at Nathan who was also in a tux.
“Dude, its your wedding day, she loves you. Everything‘s perfect.” he said patting cameron on the shoulder as they walked towards the alter and took there places.
***
“Colleen, I think I‘m going to throw up…” Kallel said. She would sit down but her dress was too poofy for that.
“You‘re going to be fine, its just nerves and excitement” Colleen said, holding Kallel’s hand.
“Nervous?! I‘m not supposed to be feeling nervous on my wedding day, am I?” she asked as she paced back in forth.
Colleen put both of her hand’s on Kallel’s shoulders. “Kallel. How long have you known cameron?”
“three years…”
“and how long have you two been madly in love?”
“three years”
“and you still love cameron?” Kallel nodded. “then everything is perfect. You just walk up to that alter with you‘re father. All you have to do is smile at cameron and say ’I do.’ simple as that” colleen said.
“you put on the white dress then! I mean…I know this is perfect, the way its supposed to be, and I love him; more than anything. I just wish I wasn’t so…anxious…or whatever I am right now”
“first off. I can’t put on the white dress. It‘s yours. And I have my lilac one on….the one you chose for your oh, so, amazing maid of honor…and bridesmaids.” Colleen said, just as Kallel’s dad walked into the room signaling it was time to get this thing rolling.
Kallel couldn’t believe it. She was getting married to Cameron, the love of her life. Finally. She thought this day would never come. It was the most beautiful day in May, thank god; she had this feeling it would be rainy and gloomy outside.
She stood at the back of the church with her dad who had a few tears in his eyes. She looked down at the engagement ring on her finger, soon to be joined by another one. Kallel couldn’t help but smile when she saw that ring.
Cameron had asked her to marry her in the cutest way possible. It was a late summer night, they were walking down the beach, hand-in-hand, when cameron suddenly bent over and picked up a seashell. He handed it to her and said ‘Open in, with luck, there might be a pearl in there’. Kallel opened it and there it was. A ring, not to mention the most beautiful ring imaginable. Kallel looked up at him and smiled. His face was only inches away from hers. Cameron took her face in his hands and whispered ‘marry me?’
That same smile appeared on Kallel’s face as she started walking down to Cameron, waiting at the alter, her father next to her.
Luckily, no one objected, and Kallel had said ‘I do’ with no hesitation.
After the wedding they hopped in a limo, their wedding reception wasn’t until later that evening.
“Where to Miss Quiseng? We‘ve got about three hours to kill before the reception” Cameron asked her.
Kallel smiled “it doesn’t matter to me” she said quietly then gave him a peck on the lips.
“I just can‘t believe we‘re finally married. It seems like yesterday we were 18, in high school, sitting in my room, doing absolutely nothing, but being as happy as could be” he said as he squeezed her hand.
“Cam…” Kallel started. He looked over at her, and gently placed a hand on her face. “I‘m pregnant.” she said as a smile spread across her face. Cameron immediately hugged her, he had never looked so happy in his life.

:~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~:

“ZACH! MICHAEL! GET IN HERE! LOOK AT THIS!” Nathan yelled, he was sitting in front of the TV at Zach’s house. Zach and Michael ran into the room, confused expression’s on their face. Nathan pointed to the TV and turned the volume up.

-NEWS REPORT-
“Breaking news. Good afternoon, I‘m Megan Kearbey with channel 13 news. The footage you are seeing right now is live. This is at Hickman and Euclid. It appears a limo has been hit by a semi, sending the limo over the short wall of the bridge and into the river below it. Sources are saying the semi drive fell asleep at the wheel, causing the semi to veer into the other lane.”

Nathan, Michael and Zach all had their mouths wide open.
“that‘s unbelievable. That‘s just terrible I mean…wow” Michael said, not taking his eyes off the TV.

“There were three people in the limo, only the driver survived, the other two were unable to escape the limo in time and pronounced dead at the scene, the semi drive however is in minor condition.” the news reporter said, just as there was a shot of two people covered in white sheets, a dirty, ruined wedding dress laying off to the side.

“That looks just like….like… Kallel‘s-” Zach stopped himself at the end.
“Dress…” Nathan finished for him, just as Zach’s phone went off.

“The bridge isn’t very wide, I didn‘t have anytime to react, and before I knew it the semi was hitting us, forcing us over the edge. The semi hit the back end, once I got out I tried swimming back under to help them out but the doors wouldnt open and the windows wouldn't budge” The limo driver said to the news reporter that was interviewing him. “devastating scenario too. They just got married, she just told him she was pregnant. They were high school sweethearts.” the driver finished.

Zach had dropped his phone, it was Colleen that called him, she was at the scene of the accident. The two people killed were Cameron and Kallel. He grabbed his car keys, telling Michael and Nathan what colleen had just told him and they rushed off to the scene of the accident.
♠ ♠ ♠
El fin.

I'm sorry I killed them! I just started a new Allstar Weekend fanfiction, there's 2 chapters up, so you can go check that out here! I haven't gotten any comments on it yet so I'll end up taking it down if I don't get any comments.

I'm totally wore out from the private party, the boys got here Tuesday at like 5, then played a show at my house and then we stayed up late playing ping pong and just talking and then they left wednesday at like 3 I believe. Anyway, they were all super nice! It was great to finally meet them!