Status: Completed.

Happy the Hard Way

Chapter 4

"hey you." Colleen smiled. "i see you were talking to Cameron, You don’t waste anytime hitting up the guys do you?" colleen asked, joking around.
"what can i say." kallel said smiling, she was starting to like Colleen.
"yeah, he's a good guy. Just so you know. so go for it." Colleen said, winking.
"Yes, because that’s what i do, i move and hit up a guy right away" she said, rolling her eyes as she grabbed her Literature book out of her locker.
"i like you, you're funny" Colleen said before walking off to her next class.
As Kallel walked to Literature 101 she thought about what Colleen said, sure cameron was cute, but he seemed too cocky. She shrugged the thought off only to find Cameron was in her next class. Avoiding him she sat clear on the other side of the room. After class was over she quickly packed up her things and left, hoping to avoid cameron, a plan that fortunately worked. her next class was Journalism, a class that was a major joke. She sat in the corner of the room and began typing a movie review, their first assignment. Suddenly someone slid into the chair next to her. Kallel glanced over to see a guy, shaggy black hair and brown eyes.
"hey" he said , giving her the 'sup' nod.
"hi" Kallel said, not sure what he wanted
"word on the street is you're new, i'm Logan" he said extending his hand.
Kallel smiled "Kallel." she said. "and yeah I’m new, moved from LA" she said. Her and Logan spent the whole class talking and found out they had very much in common.
As the bell rang Logan stood up "see you around kallel" he said, flashing her a charming smile.
The rest of the day flew by, colleen was in 2 of her classes, seminar and science, Nathan was in one of hers, macroeconomics, and then there was cameron, who was in her math and lit. At 3:15 she was on her way home, walking with Colleen. "so where do you live?" colleen asked, her backpack slung over one shoulder.
"Edgewood Lane, know where that is?" kallel said
"yeah, i'm a few streets down from that actually, on Buffalo Road. How was your first day?" colleen asked
Kallel shrugged "good? i'm not sure how first days are supposed to go" she chuckled.
"yeah, neither do i....So why do you walk to school?" she asked
"its all for the environment, i'm a freak like that. I hate pollution and all those energy wasters" kallel admitted
"shut up, me too!" colleen said excitedly. they spent the rest of the walk talking about that and went their separate ways towards their houses. Kallel had to walk past Nathan’s house and he was unfortunately outside shooting hoops.
"Kallel!" he yelled as she walked by.
Kallel stopped walking and faced him "yes?"
"get detention or something?" he asked, jogging over. She gave him a confused expression. "its nearly 4" he pointed out, laughing a bit at his own joke.
"no, i prefer to walk to save the environment unlike some people." she said gesturing towards his car.
"that’s funny, don’t both of your parents have SUVs? and I'm guessing that Ford Escape in the driveway is yours" he said, matter of factly.
"yes, you're correct. Unfortunately my parents don’t listen to what i say, hence why we moved, and they bought them. as for me. i hardly drive that anywhere." she informed him
He smiled "right, so how was your first day of school" he asked
"just peachy" she said sarcastically
"it'll get better" he said laughing. Kallel nodded and walked towards her house.

*** *** *** ***

Kallel got to school the next day and saw Logan, the cute guy from her Journalism class, leaning up against her locker. he smiled when he noticed her "hey" he said
"hi, not to be rude, why are you standing at my locker....how did you know it was my locker" she asked
he shrugged "i saw you here yesterday, i was gonna come say hi but you were talking to some girl, she had brown hair?" he said.
Kallel nodded, opening her locker "i see, creepy." she said laughing. "still didn’t answer my question, why are you here?" she asked again.
"you're cute, i couldn’t wait till journalism class to see you" he said nudging her with his elbow and smiling.
Kallel felt her self start to blush as she studied his face to see if he was joking, yeah he wasn’t. The bell rang and logan took off, then colleen appeared "who was that?" she asked smiling
"logan, he's in my journalism." she smiled, still blushing as she grabbed her math book out of her locker. "i have to go, I’ll talk to you later" she said then walked to her math class, sitting in the same seat as yesterday. Cameron slid into the seat next to her right as the bell rang, just like last time.
He gave her that awkward smile of his, "hello"
Kallel smiled opening her eyes wider as if to say 'hi, I’m not that fond of you'. "hi" she said shortly.
"ready for math" he asked, a little to excited
"as ready as i'll ever be" she replied dully.
Logan sat next to her in journalism again. "what is that?" he asked, leaning over to get a better glance at her computer screen, placing his hand on her knee.
a line of fire shot through her body "a ligor, Napoleon Dynamite, duh" she said, giving him a smile.
he nodded” your so weird, who googles that?" he said then went back to looking at his computer screen, leaving his hand on her knee. The bell rang and they got up, walking towards her locker. "whets your next class?" logan asked as kallel stuffed her notebook in her locker.
"science" she groaned. "why?"
"wanna skip?" he asked casually. Woah, okay Kallel was a somewhat rebel child but when she did skip class, it was with her friends, and usually during study hall, and wasn’t on the second day of school, with a guy.
She glanced at Logans face, a devious smile playing on his lips. Kallel shrugged "sure" she said, shutting her locker. They walked out to his car, a black ford mustang, and took off. "so where are we going?" she asked, curious.
"the beach, but a secret beach" he said, winking at her. a short 10 minutes later they pulled into a parking lot and walked down to a deserted beach hidden behind trees. They were sitting on the sand talking when logan pulled out a joint. "want some?" he asked, holding it out to her, after lighting it and taking a drag.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) let me know what you think!