Fame Is Now Injectable

Bulletproof Heart

Frank lit his cancer stick and sat on the porch steps, still fuming at the person who hurt the beautiful girl inside. The girl that, every time he was around her, his stomach did flips and his palms began sweating. He'd drop the world for her and then pick it back up again.

"Frankie..." Nevaeh's soft voice filtered to his ears. His angry composure softened as she stooped to sit beside him. "Please..don't hate me...?"

Frank turned his head, an incredulous expression on his face. "Hate you? Nevaeh, none of us could hate you. I hate the person who took your last bit of childhood, your innocence, and put a weight on your shoulders. You're what? Nineteen, twenty one at the most."

Nevaeh dropped her head. "I'm twenty. I had just turned twenty the day of the concert."

Frank's expression was awestruck. Only twenty? How could a twenty year old be handed such a responsibilty? She had a life she deserved to live.

"Whatever happens, I'm going to be here."

The door opened and three sets of footsteps padded onto the porch. "We are, also. You're never getting rid of us now." Gerard spoke up from behind them.

The funny thing is? She didn't want to get rid of them. She was being selfish, but she wanted these men to be in her and her baby's life forever. Whether or not they wanted to be, she needed them.

The rest of the day was spent with Nevaeh wandering around, looking for a million blankets. She had invited the men to stay the night and had even welcomed Ray to have his girlfriend come around.

"The more the merrier." She said, still trying to convince Ray to bring her over so she would have a female companion to balance the testosterone. "Ray, call the girl or I will steal the phone and have one of the guys do it for you!"

Ray laughed and shook his head, but pulled his phone out anyways and dialed. Nevaeh grinned and began setting out blankets where the coffee table used to be. She used to do this with Macy all the time, so she was used to making pallets.

"Nevaeh, do you need some help?" Mikey stepped up, shifting his glasses higher up his nose.

She smiled up at him, nearly knocking him off his feet. "No thanks, hunny. I'm a biiiit of a perfectionist. So, it's better if I go it alone." She laughed and went back to fixing the blanket that she was laying out.

"Alright then." Mikey replied, watching her shimmy the blanket across the already huge pile on the floor. "You do realize there's a mountain pile now."

She grinned and plopped down, before scrambling to get up when the doorbell rang. She was excited to meet this mystery girl that Ray was always talking about. When she reached the door, Ray was already embraced with a tiny girl with pixie cut red hair.

Nevaeh cleared her throat and grinned, watching the couple jump apart. She waved, cutely, as Ray pulled the girl close into his side.

Ray looked between the two women. His girlfriend, who smiling back at the girl in the doorway. Nevaeh was grinning and bouncing on the pads of her feet.

"`Vaeh, leave the lovebirds alone." Gerard teased, wrapping his hand, lightly, around her wrist. She walked, no danced, behind Gerard.

"I want to meet her! She looks like fun!" Nevaeh whined, feeling normal even after the eventful days she's had.

Maybe it was just her company. She felt safe and, strangely, normal when she was around them. Now she knew God didn't hate her. He just had to put her in a bad situation so he could put her in the laps of these four men.
♠ ♠ ♠
hereeee we go!
KyLilly_Kid, who commented insanely and makes me happeh, JustALittleGirl, who is also a great commenter, The Outcast, and xLookalivesunshinex
Thanks for commenting