Fame Is Now Injectable

Skylines and Turnstiles

Nevaeh woke up laid across the backseat, her head laying in someone's lap. Sitting up, she noticed that someone was Cayla. She smiled and itched her scalp, blinking, sleepily. She looked outside the window and noticed her surroundings.

"We're almost there!" She shouted, bouncing, happily, in her seat. She crawled over the middle seat, landing, unceremoniously, in Gerard's lap. "Mama! We're almost there!"

"I see this, Nevaeh." Her mother chuckled, shaking her head.

Nevaeh grinned and soon they were pulling into a long driveway, up to a two story house. Nevaeh scrambled out of the car as soon as her mother stopped and ran up to a woman standing on the front porch.

"Maw-Mawl!" Nevaeh cried, laughing at the older woman.

The four men watched as Nevaeh broke, sobbing into her grandmother's chest. They were in shock, but soon noticed the wide smile on her face. They walked, slowly, up to the ranch styled house and took in their surroundings.

"Hi, y'all must be Nevaeh's friends from New Jersey." She said, a very southern accent rolling off of her tongue.

Frank stared at the woman, who looked nothing like either woman that he had come to know. She looked slightly Italian, with dark skin, like Nevaeh, wrinkled with graceful age. She had glittering green eyes, which Nevaeh had inherited and that's where their similarities ended. It was as if they weren't even related.

Nevaeh, wiped the last remaining tears from her eyes and took in her old home. It was the same in every aspect, but missing something.

Her.

She had moved from here in a rush to be away from everything that reminded her of the attack. She needed new and her mother's job opportunity in Belleville seemed to be a miracle in itself, but as much as she loved New Jersey, she missed home.

Her home

"`Vaeh. Dear, you've zoned out." Her grandmother chuckled.

"Sorry, maw-mawl." She replied with chagrin. She noticed they had moved into the house, which had only changed in style.

She looked around and made her way to a room she remember as her own. She opened the door and tears sprang to her eyes as she looked over the purple walls that still held pictures and memories. She let her eyes roam over the 'Wall of Family' as she had dubbed it.

Tears made tracks down her cheeks as her fingers grazed a picture of her and her father at the beach. She was about fifteen and he had lifted her over his shoulder. He was sideways, so the picture showed her grinning, her hair flying everywhere.

"'Daddy! Let me down!" Nevaeh squealed, her voice inflected with laughter. Her father's shoulder dug into her stomach as he laughed. "Dad! You have bony shoulders!"

Johnathan laughed and turned to the side, letting his daughter squeal as her mother shot a photo of her and her father.


"Daddy..." She whispered.

"Nevaeh, we're bringing in the luggage. Come help." Cayla called, walking into the room. "Whoah. Who's room was this?"

Nevaeh cleared her throat and wiped her eyes, discreetly. "Mine."

Cayla made a small 'o' with her mouth and nodded, leaving the conversation at that. She slipped out of the room, leaving Nevaeh to her thoughts. She met Ray in the hallway, her eyes filled with sympathy.

"That's her old room. She was looking at this.....bloody incredible photo wall." Cayla told him, her voice low. "I think it's best to let her be for now."

Ray nodded, casting one last glance at the door that he noticed had Nevaeh inscripted onto it in purple paint with little red and black hearts and stars all around it.

"She's lost so much....it's terrible."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you, my lovely partner in crime, KyLilly_Kid and JustALittleGirl. Also, livelovelaughPICKLES