Fame Is Now Injectable

Desolation Row

Gerard watched Nevaeh embrace Frank, her eyes glistening with unshed tears of happiness. She let go of him and nodded, saying something that Gerard couldn't quite read. She smiled, shyly, and walked over to where Gerard was.

"Hello, Gerard." She smiled. "I'm so happy."

Gerard snorted. "I'm sure."

Nevaeh leaned back, shocked by his tone of voice. He wouldn't even look at her! Her brows furrowed and she poked him in the stomach, eliciting an 'oomph' from the taller man. He glared down at her, softening his gaze when he noticed her lower lip poking out in a pout.

She spoke, her voice soft with insecurity. "Are you angry with me, Gee?"

He sighed and shoved a large hand through his tangled hair. "No, Nevaeh. I'm not angry with you. I'm just tired, is all."

She smiled, sending his heart into palpitations, and wrapped her small arms around his waist, pressing her face into his chest. She inhaled the familiar scent of Gerard, feeling comforted by the smell of nicotine and Old Spice.

She wished she could just tell him that she loved him. She didn't even know if it was love. What was love, anyways? All she knew was that when she kissed him last night, her heart rate accelerated and nearly sent her reeling. When she was in the same room as him, butterflies erupted in her stomach. And his hazel eyes, when locked on her green ones, sent delicious shivers down her spine.

If this was love, she loved the feeling.

**

Over the next few weeks, Gerard and Frank were pretty tense around each other. They were all back at Belleville, after another week of Tennessee frolicking, and no one, except for Cayla, noticed the two's strange behavior. They pretended to be alright, mainly for Nevaeh's sake. She was at least four months pregnant now, almost halfway through with her pregnancy. Putting stress on her at this point would possibly damage something and cause problems.

"Nevaeh, you're getting so big." Cayla gushed, pressing a hand to the small girl's belly. "Has he or she kicked yet?"

Nevaeh sighed and smiled down at her stomach. "Not yet. I'm pretty excited to feel him or her kick."

"I bet!" Cayla exclaimed. "How's the Frankie Gerard thing going?"

Nevaeh sighed again, this time in frustration. "They aren't speaking! I thought that they were best friends..."

Cayla huffed and pulled the girl into a hug, trying her hardest to calm and comfort the pregnant woman. "It'll be fine. They're just having a bit of a tiff."

"A tiff that better be over soon, or I'm beating the both of you, gits." She scolded the two mentally, as if they could read her mind.

Frank acted as though he could. He was trying, desperately, to get Gerard to talk to him. He, honestly, didn't even know why the man was upset with him. As far as Frank knew, he hadn't done anything to piss the older man off.

As it were, he was, slowly, realizing he must have made him jealous, by hugging Nevaeh in the courtroom. Which is when Gerard stopped being on speaking terms with the short, younger man. He was actually on his way to straighten things out, over at Nevaeh's place, where everyone usually gathered on the weekends.

Gerard didn't feel like being there. He knew Frank was going to be there, as he always was, and Gerard hated being mad at his friend, but Nevaeh was his. She had to be. She had kissed him all those weeks ago and he thought she meant something through it. For the weeks since then, she had been giving him signs that she felt the same way as himself. Or so he had thought.

Frank entered the house, without knocking, and immediately spotted the dark haired man leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Gerard, can we talk?" He called, getting the man's attention.

"I have nothing to say to you." Gerard spat, catching Nevaeh off guard. He heard her gasp and whisper his name, scoldingly, but paid no attention to it.

The others in the room were also pretty off at how Gerard spoke to the short guitar player, having always thought they were best friends. They watched with wide eyes as Gerard turned to face Frank with fire in his hazel eyes.

"Look, I don't know what's going on in that head of yours, but you need to get over yourself, Gerard." Frank started, facing him as well.

"That's right! You don't know, Frank, so just leave it alone and quit pretending that you know me!" Gerard spat, scathingly.

"That's just the point, Gerard! I do know you! And I've gotten to know a few things about Nevaeh that you should know about." Frank told him, his voice lowering.

"Oh, I'm sure you have." Gerard sneered.

As the two men through their conversation progressed, they were closing in on each other, not noticing the look of pain that flashed on Nevaeh's pixie like features. She gasped, doubling over as a sharp pain erupted in her lower abdomen, but neither Frank nor Gerard noticed, too enthralled in having a screaming match with one another.

"You guys?" She squeaked, grabbing hold of the counter. "Guys, I think something's wrong."
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks guys.

KyLilly_Kid you were exceptionally helpful today. While my head killed me as I tried thinking of ideas for this chapter, you gave plenty of great suggestions.

Also, thanks JustALittleGirl, Exterminate, Porno Mime and livelovelaughPICKLES. Thank you for telling me that you guys would read a sequel. I kind of have an idea in mind for it, so be prepared!

You guys are amazing. Thank you, so much.